Fiona Ingram's earliest story-telling talents came to the fore when, from the age of ten, she entertained her three younger brothers and their friends with serialised tales of children undertaking dangerous and exciting exploits, which they survived through courage and ingenuity. Haunted houses, vampires, and skeletons leaping out of coffins were hot favourites in the cast of characters.
Although Fiona Ingram has been involved in the theatre and journalism, writing a children's book--The Secret of the Sacred Scarab--was an unexpected step, inspired by a family trip to Egypt. The tale of the sacred scarab began life as a little anecdotal tale for her two nephews (then 10 and 12), who had accompanied her on the Egyptian trip. This short story grew into a children's book, the first in the adventure series Chronicles of the Stone. The second book in the series--The Search for the Stone of Excalibur--a huge treat for young King Arthur fans, is now available with Book 3, The Temple of the Crystal Timekeeper, on the way. Although Fiona Ingram does not have children of her own, she has an adopted daughter, from an underprivileged background who has discovered the joys of reading for pleasure.
Naturally, Fiona is a voracious reader and has been from early childhood. Her interests include literature, art, theatre, collecting antiques, animals, music, and films. She loves travel and has been fortunate to have lived in Europe (while studying) and America (for work). She has travelled widely and fulfilled many of her travel goals.
* Book Award Nominations & Wins:
* Finalist Children's Fiction USA Next Generation 2009 Indie Book Awards
* Finalist Juvenile Fiction USA National Best Books 2009 Awards
* Winner Pre-Teen USA 2009 Readers' Favorites Awards
* Number 2 in the USA Children's & Teens Book Connection Top Ten Favourite Books of 2009 for Kids, Tweens & Teens
* Winner Silver Medal Teen Fiction 2010 Nautilus Book Awards
* Finalist Children's Fiction 2010 International Book Awards
* Winner Bronze Medal Pre-Teen Fiction 2010 Moonbeam Book Awards
* Finalist 2011 Rubery Book Awards
* Winner Gold Award Mystery Pre-Teen 2011 Children's Literary Classics Awards
* 2nd Place in the 2011 YA Sharpwrit Book Awards
* Gold Medal 2013 Wise Bear Book Awards