5.0 out of 5 stars Paranormal Romance at its best!, January 11, 2012
Roxy Kade (South Africa) - See all my reviews
Okay, it is official! Penelope King has just topped my list of favorite authors!! WOW! I still get chills thinking about this book. For those who read the first book in the Demonblood series, A Demon Made Me Do It, if you haven't read this book, drop everything and do it now!

The much loved characters of book one are back, with the addition of a few new ones. I still can't fault any of them. They are so amazing and well-written. They will stay with you for hours after you have finished reading. Especially Bones!! Super Sexy, Sweet, Smoking Hot Bones!! *sigh* I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for him! :) He can be my Incubus/Hellhound any day!

Penelope King creates such a vivid image of the world/s she has created and it was like a movie played in my head as I read each page.
There are even more twists and surprises in this book and never, for even one second, think that you know exactly what is going on. This story is as emotionally charged as book one, and more than once I found myself gasping! There was even a point where my heart felt like it shattered into a million tiny pieces. But there are also those moments that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :) Like the ending :))))

I had a sneaky suspicion as to how the book was going to end and I rejoiced when I read the last few words (I also burst into tears LOL)!! Brilliant!

I cannot wait for the third book in the series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wow, January 21, 2013
This review is from: Fire with Fire (Demonblood Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book so entirely. I became so attached to each of the main characters. I can not wait for the 3rd book to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where is the next one, please!!!, November 15, 2012
This review is from: Fire with Fire (Demonblood Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this as much as I did the first book if not a little more. This is such a complex world of demons and other paranormal beings but so fascinating and although the main characters are young we never think of them as less than adults. True they each have their moments but mostly they are enchantingly captivating as are the relationships with each other. This book sees the development of affection and love between Bones and Lucky. The sex scenes are tasteful and whilst not hot in description hot in feelings. The introduction of Tristan and the final outcome are enough to keep us panting for the next book as is the twist at the end. Bring it on, Penelope and thank you ahead of time as I am sure I will love it as much as this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, thrilling, unpredictable, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Fire with Fire (Demonblood Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
"Fire with Fire" is the second installment of Penelope King's "Demonblood" series. I liked book one so much, that I just HAD TO buy this one and read it. And I wasn't disappointed one little bit.

A little warning here: This book has some adult content, not explicit, but nonetheless keep that in mind.

My review may contain some mild spoilers.

A couple of months have passed since handsome, loving Kieron left Lucky and Liora to finish his assignment with the Legionaire and thus win his freedom. He was supposed to be back, so the two - or well three - of them could be together forever, living their happily ever after.

But he's not back, and the girls are beginning to worry. Did he lie to them? Did he abandon them? Did he trick them in order to get his hands on the Amazea demons? All of these are sound reasons for his disappearance, and yet neither one seems right. Neither one feels right. Something else is going on but neither Lucky nor Liora know what.

My full review is available @ [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Once again King delivers!, November 22, 2011
Heather Savage (ZIMMERMAN, MN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire with Fire (Demonblood Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This one is a follow up to King's debut novel, A Demon Made Me Do It centering around a fractured soul. Liora is human by day, and at sundown the demon that shares her body takes over leaving Liora unaware of the building tension in the demon world.

Again King takes us on a thrilling ride with more peril and more love, though not in the ways we necessarily expected. Her ending does not disappoint and leaves us hoping for a quick release of the third installment. --HK Savage, author/ editor, Staccato Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, May 20, 2012
Mandy (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire with Fire (Demonblood Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I received this to read and review from Penelope King. It's the continued story for Liora/Lucky from "A Demon Made Me Do It." This book starts off where it's been two months since Kieron left on his mission to deliver the demons that created Liora/Lucky and killer her friends. Instead of revenge Lucky choose for Kieron to be free to be with them. Both girls are still expecting him to return home even though it's been to months it's been really hard emotionally for them. While Kieron is gone Liora get's close to the new guy at school Tristan who isn't who he seems. Lucky deals in her own way with Kieron being gone by getting closer to Bones. After the demon bar is attacked they learn that Kieron is being held by the demons of the hellhounds that they killed before while looking for info on the deaths of there own. Lucky and Bones plan a mission to get Kieron back since both Liora and Lucky are in love with him.
This book is full of mystery, it keeps you on your toes, and I couldn't put it down I wanted so much more. The story is beautifully written and easy to follow along I felt at some times I was there. This book had everything I like in a good book, action a strong female character with a love interest, not so much a fan of the love triangle but it's maybe because by this book I couldn't help but root for Bones he's just such a great guy to do what he does for lucky. There is so many questions that get answered from the previous book well question I had. I honestly feel like this was a stronger book, the first one was great but this one was over the top better. I can't wait for the next one this series is just so good by far one of my all time favorites I know I will read it over and over. Thanks so much for a awesome series.

Mandy @ The Reading Diaries
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars kick butt book, June 21, 2014
This review is from: Fire with Fire (Demonblood Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Sweet sad and happy love the book can't wait for the next one to come out!!!! Hope it is soon

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, April 25, 2014
This review is from: Fire with Fire (Demonblood Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I chose five because I just really tell lit love this series. I read the first one just because it looked interesting and got hooked I couldn't wait to get the next two but I had to wait which was frustrating. But I final lot got to tag it and it was awesome, now on to the third I wonder what happens especially now since Liora/Lucky is now pregnant, which I knew but was not sure of. Wahoo!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, April 17, 2014
This review is from: Fire with Fire (Demonblood Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Well written original tale. Very easy to read. 5 stars. Great characters, great storyline I'm excited to now go and devour book three.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, March 26, 2014
This review is from: Fire with Fire (Demonblood Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Please read, you won't be sorry......If you liked the first, you will love this one, can't wait to read the next one.

Fire with Fire (Demonblood Book 2)
$2.99