Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Fire Emblem: Awakening” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 34% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Fire Emblem: Awakening
|Price:||$38.79 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$1.20 (3%)|
- IMMERSIVE STORY AND VISUALS:The deep and immersive fantasy storyline is told throughbeautiful 3D visuals and movies.
- DEEP CAST OF CHARACTERS: A massive selection of characters are at your command,withal with a unique personality and background story and different class types and skill sets.
- BONDS GROWN IN BATTLE: Team up characters to strengthen their friendships on the battlefield. The closer they grow, the better these friends and allies will fight together. Some characters can even get married!
- "9.6 out of 10. Fire Emblem Awakening is the most fluid and stunning strategy RPG experience available on a portable, and features the best storytelling and production value of any 3DS game to date" - IGN
- "4.5 out of 4 (Editor's Choice). The best Nintendo 3DS RPG to date" - Gamesradar
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Fire Emblem: Awakening offers a unique blend of in-battle strategy, vast character customization, and 3-D cinematic graphics that appeal to a wide range of gamers. In this fantasy adventure for the Nintendo 3DS, you have the power to turn the tides of battle in an epic war against a dark dragon. Your fire-breathing foe threatens to destroy the entire empire with help from his armies of the undead. But, with your loyal crew of fighters, you could be the one to stop him for good.
In this game, you’ll join Chrom, brother to Ylisse’s empress and commander of its forces, in a fantasy world teetering on the brink of war. It’s your duty to guide a team of Ylisse’s finest soldiers - knights, mages, archers, and more - against the marauding Plegian bandits. To succeed, you will need to carefully choose the units you take into battle. As you lead your team through battles across maps that span entire kingdoms, your army will grow. Some characters are willing to join you quickly, while others may need more persuasion. Each character earns experience in battle, leveling up and gaining strength and abilities as they do so. It’s up to you to guide their moves, choose their weapons, and direct their attacks.
Create your own customized soldier and join a massive cast of interesting characters who all have their own stories to tell. Heighten your power on the battlefield by strengthening the bonds between your troops and even enlisting a friend of your own. Plus, with StreetPass and SpotPass options, you can access new items, characters, and maps.
- Immersive Story and Visuals: The fantasy storyline is told through 3D visuals and movies.
- Deep Cast of Characters: A large selection of characters is at your command, each with unique personalities and background stories, and different class types and skill sets.
- Downloadable Content: Extensive downloadable content will be available for purchase and will offer opportunities to acquire new maps, new story elements, new playable characters, new classes, and rare items and weapons.
- Customization: Create your own personalized character and fight alongside heroic characters on the battlefield.
- Strengthen Bonds in Battle: Team up characters to strengthen their friendships on the battlefield. The closer they grow, the better these friends and allies will fight together.
- Local Multiplayer Mode: Team up with your friend and fight against a group of enemies in the local multiplayer mode.
- StreetPass Feature: Exchange your team data and recruit or battle against other players' teams or purchase rare items they might carry.
- SpotPass Feature: Receive new maps, items, and legacy characters to battle against in random battle and local multiplayer mode.
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Top Customer Reviews
The game's story expands a multitude of chapters with many amazing characters from different backgrounds. Each of the characters develops and can become romantically involved with another character, granting them bonuses in battle and later on, kids!
The 3D effect is just plain awesome. At first I thought there was dust flying around or something but then I realized it was actually the smoke from the game and every once in a while, bats would fly out! I also love the first person view point in 3D battle. Makes for a trippy experience when using flying units. Superbly done.
Fire Emblem is notable for its strategic, tactical game play. Over the past 12 games, the gameplay was the same and a little stale. However in this new edition, they introduced many interesting and unique additions including "Pair up" and the getting bonuses from adjacent characters! Pairing up beefs up a unit in multiple areas and allows for a chance of dual attacking or blocking (and negating all damage!) of a hit. It also increases support levels and such.
Supports are also returning in this game along with the marriage system. Supports are essentially characters getting closer together the more time they are with other characters. For example having the Main Lord (Chrom) with another female (non relative hopefully) character pairing up or being adjacent for many battles will increase their support levels. As this level increases, eventually the characters will fall in love and get married.
There is DLC in this game but don't get too worked up about it.Read more ›
Originally I didn't get all hyped up when I heard about the new fire emblem game until I discovered KYMG was doing the art! Kozaki Yusuke is a Japanese artist who is well known for doing the art in No More Heroes 1 and 2 one of my favorite series to date. I know a lot of people flipped out over the limited edition art book. Its only a few pages and it's a FREE item so it's nothing amazing. If you are interested in KYMG's art or are a crazy lunatic Fire Emblem fan you can pick up the official art book on Amazon.Jp
The graphics are a mix of the classic FE 8 bit characters and the art headshots when you have them selected. In battles and cut scenes it switches to 3d models much like how FF Crystal Chronicles characters looked (bit annoyed by their feet). In addition to this there are several anime style cut scenes throughout the game as well. So there is quite a mix of graphics throughout the game which is pretty cool.
The support system in this game is quite different.Read more ›
Fire Emblem: Awakening is a fantastic new entry in the Fire Emblem series and really does a lot to add new elements to the gameplay while still keeping the classic Fire Emblem appeal intact. There's a ton of content here with more coming in the form of DLC (assuming we get everything Japan has there's a LOT to look forward too)and for the first time you can actually roam around, freely battling outside the storyline to grind your characters. Also for those that prefer the original Japanese voice overs Nintendo has seen fit to include them in the US copy, so now all you need to is toggle the audio in the Options. For those that have been turned off by Fire Emblem's permadeath system(once a party member dies they are gone for good)in previous games you'll be happy to know there's a new "Casual" mode that removes this element, allowing you to continue through the fight knowing your party members will be back up and ready for action once you've settled the score.
For those considering the digital version in the e-Shop: there is no difference between the digital and physical versions of the game. It all comes down to whether you prefer having a physical copy of the game vs a digital copy. One thing to keep in mind though is that with a digital copy you won't need to worry about swapping cartridges, in case you're playing more than one 3DS game at a time.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very solid story for first time through - Epic. I've played it 3 times and counting, still working my way up to insane. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Tony J Iacovo
I enjoy the game a lot. Great story and the combat is tense and meaningful. If a unit falls in combat, they are gone forever. Even main characters! Read morePublished 2 days ago by Customer
An amazing game. The story is brilliant, the characters are wonderful, and the battles are intense. If you're looking for something to lose your life in this is it.Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Great game. It has awesome gameplay that is very unique. It can either be a very easy to win strategy game for people who just enjoy a fun play-through, or it can be a difficult... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Logan Embrey
Fire emblem fans or rpg fans should try to get their hands on this because it's an amazing game with alot of replay value.Published 5 days ago by KillJoyisbad
Best fire emblem I've ever played!! I can become boring if you like to play through multiple times as one can imagine. But regardless. Still my favorite 3ds gamePublished 10 days ago by Zachary