5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy!
I bought this costume for my son for this year's Halloween. It has gotten a great review from our friends and family. The material is great and looks very real. I already have request from family to save it for their son next year. My son enjoyed the costume a lot. The sizing is a bit confusing. My son is 3 years old and the 2/3 size would fit up to 5 year old child.
Published on November 15, 2007 by clean me

2.0 out of 5 stars Had no helmet!
Absolutely quality costume, our 6 yr old grandson thinks it's fabulous........there was supposed to be a helmet though and there was not one. I have not been able to get in touch with anyone to see how I can get the helmet. Other than that it was great, sort of hoping a low rating like this will get someone's attention!
Published 23 months ago by Carrie A McGinnis

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy!, November 15, 2007
clean me (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Long-Term Play, October 26, 2007
Henry's Mom (Greater Cleveland, OH) - See all my reviews
We bought this suit for my 2.5 year old son for a Halloween costume. (My son wears sizes 3/4T, so the suit is a little big.)

The high quality of the fabric, fasteners, and seams make it perfect for imaginative play all year 'round.

The suit is so well made that I can't imagine it falling apart. He loves it, and the value -- 2 full years of play -- is remarkable.

***Update 2013***

After many years of use by two active boys, and quite a few washes, this costume still looks perfect.

Firefighters love to see it - looks just like theirs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the $$$, April 21, 2011
Ali P (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
This fire fighter costume is fantastic. Excellent, heavy-weight quality that looks like the real deal. My son loves sporting it around town and around the house. And with a t-shirt and cotton pants on underneath, I think he'll stay plenty warm this Halloween. One note on sizing: My son is 2.5 years old, 75th percentile for height and weight. I wasn't sure which would fit him so I ordered both the 2/3 and 4/6. The 2/3 fits him with room to grow. The 4/6 was huge on him. Hope that helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality!!!, August 7, 2007
This review is from: Jr. Fire Fighter Suit Costume (Toy)
I ordered this for my niece as an early Halloween present. Both my parents and her parents marveled over how well the quality is of the material.

My brother in law who was a firefighter for over 20 years couldn't believe that they made something like this in 18 month old sizes.

My niece hasn't worn it yet hence no picture, but here are some details which cannot be seen on the model shown above.

1. There are snaps in the crotch and leg area for easy diaper changes.
2. The pants have built in suspenders which hold them up and match the color of the cap.
3. The jacket has velcro enclosures to keep it closed and child warm.
4. I *think* the stripes are reflective but am not sure about that
5. Appears to be loose enough to fit a layer of clothes underneath.

This is not a cheap Halloween costume like the kind when I was a kid. This is strong fabric, very well made, with nice attention to detail.

Be sure to have your child wear this on Halloween (or any time) to your local firehouse and see the firefighters go wild!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute...worth the money., September 24, 2008
SMC (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
My son loved this. It looks fairly realistic compared to all the other fire fighter costumes that I looked at. And it has no plastic or vinyl running thru it....all fabric. It runs a little big and is a little darker than tan. More like a deep beige. But all in all still worth the money. My son put it on as soon as it was dropped off and hasn't taken it off yet. :) Fast shipping, reasonable and packed nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, realistic suit, December 3, 2012
I was afraid this outfit would be one of those times where the actual product did not live up to the hype. I purchased this for my 2 year old for a halloween costume and had the intention of keeping it for dress up.

Upon opening the package I was immediately impressed. It's made of thick, good quality fabric and appears to be stitched well. The detail is amazing. Even the included hat is quality made with the ability to adjust for size. This is the closest thing you will find in kids dress up to the real deal. My son wore this to a tour of the local firehouse and the firemen there were impressed.

Two issues that came up a lot in previous reviews is size and the zipper.
1. The zipper is pretty cheap for some reason and has gotten misaligned a couple times. I have to take extra care when zipping and I can see myself replacing it in the future. The clips, however, work great and I usually just do those instead of the zipper. Most of the time my son doesn't want to be zipped up anyways. If I had to find one thing negative about the costume that would be it but I feel its so minor compared to everything else. The only reason I even mention it was the other reviews had me doubting and Im so glad I went ahead and purchased anyways.

2. Sizing: I have a large two year old. He's about 35 pounds and wearing some 3t and mostly 4t clothes. The size 2/3 was perfect for him. We rolled the pants just a bit when not wearing shoes or to show off the fireboots we bought (look for fireman rainboots. They are adorable and go perfectly with this outfit) The jacket has plenty of room and I see him getting another year or two out of this size.

In summary, I'm glad I purchased this and will look into getting some of the other costumes by this company. They are worth the price tag and will hold up to heavy use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jr. Fire Fighter Suit, January 12, 2007
I had looked everywhere for a fire fighter suit for my grandson. His dad is in fire school so he wanted to look just like his dad. This one is exactly the same color and everything so he was so proud when I gave it to him. He even won the costume contest at the mall. The quality of the suit was amazing and it was shipped very quickly. I will certainly use Amazon in the future and recommend them highly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Had no helmet!, February 2, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutest Fire Fighter suit!, November 23, 2012
I bought this for my 36 pound 2 year old son. We had to roll the pants up a little, but the adjustable overall pants took care of keeping them up. The Jacket has a zipper and metal "clamps" on the outside~ making it look even more official. This looks just like the ones the firefighters wear in our neighborhood. It is extremely well made and should last thru a lot of play. I have not tried washing it yet. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for in this case. The material is thick and the stripess are reflective. The helmet is a thick black plastic with yellow stickers. The sticker on the front says "fire chief". He has dropped this helmet and scraped it up a bit (he is a boy), but it has held its' shape. It would take A LOT to dent or break it! He had a of light up pair of tennis shoes that we used on Halloween instead of boots. He LOVED the whole outfit!!! He likes to wear it for play now. It is perfect for Halloween because it is THICK and will keep them warm. NO coat required on top of this costume! (I put his pajamas on under the costume). If he wears indoors I put LIGHT cloths on him because he tends to over heat. Would def. buy again and have even been asked where we found it! Lots of compliments on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality!, July 4, 2007
Before buying this suit, I read all of the reviews that praised its quality. Those reviews were right on! This suit is very realistic and made extremely well. My 4 year old wants to wear it every day.