1,445 Reviews

Game play:
Published on December 1, 2012 by JJCEO

1.0 out of 5 stars Crashes
I am unable to play this game. It crashes after the first two narration screens on my Kindle Fire HD 8.9"
Published on December 1, 2012 by James Hardin

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful graphics and adventure! If you like puzzle games that test your memory & make you think then you will like this game!, December 1, 2012
Game play:
The game starts by bringing back memories of your grandmother and her stories about being an archeologist. Her stories based around the discovery of a lost city and its magical powers that the people who lived there had. She asks you to take her journal and a heart shaped stone that she wants you to return to the city. Her map will guide you on the adventure of your life.

As you move around the entrance you find items lying around that you can collect and find symbols that you make note of in your book. The graphics are spectacular. You place the heart stone into the chest of the statue and the season changes to spring. You randomly find objects in the different locations you go through. Some you can collect but some you cannot as you have to use one item to free another to add to your collection.

Main screen:
* Start
* Other games - takes you to an add page to show you another game but there is no link to the Web to purchase it. This is a first for a game and I like it.
* Options - reset game, select language and credits

What I like:
The graphics are spectacular on this game. This app is beautifully designed and thought out. I was having so much fun trying to solve the game that I was forgetting to write a review.

The puzzle is difficult but fun. There are hint pages but to be honest I haven't used them as they are labeled as spoilers for a certain area and I would rather solve the puzzle on my own.

There is a page to show you another game on the main screen but there is no link to the web. I like this as your children can go look but not purchase another game with just a few touches of the screen.

What I don't like:
So far I haven't found anything detrimental to the app except that it asks for your device ID in the permissions. That is probably used to register the game but it can have other detrimental uses. In this case I like the game so much that I don't care that it is there but I wish there was another way for register games.

Summary:
I really like this game. The beautiful graphics and the interesting puzzle make this game entertaining and fun. Graphics like this are what you purchased a hi-tech device for. I haven't played all of the game but what I have is interesting and enjoyable. I give the game 5 stars as it is well thought out and beautifully designed. I recommend it to you. If you like difficult puzzle games that test your memory and make you think then you will like this game.

Size: The size is 47.2 MB and 61.41 MB uncompressed.

Permissions:
* Network communication - full internet access
* Phone calls - read Kindle state and identity
* Network communication - view network state

4.0 out of 5 stars now works on the New large screen fire HD, December 1, 2012
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
I was looking forward to this app. But on my New Kindle Fire HD, it got through screen two on the initial narrative screens and died every time. I had reinstalled to no avail. Others reported the same issue. The authors have fixed most of the issues, the only problem is that when you ask for hints, the app hard waits and times out. If you tell it to wait, it always succeeds. Not a bad app, but not five stars. there is the one semi bug, and you have to save five stars for World of Goo.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and improved over the first one!, September 22, 2012
Amazon Customer (Hampstead, MD, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
I got the first game from Fire Maple (The Mystery at Grizzly Manor or something like that) as the free app of the day a good long while ago. I loved it, it's a really entertaining game, but for someone who had zero experience with a hidden object game, it was extremely difficult to navigate and I had to get a lot of help from the internet to complete it.

This game was MUCH easier to navigate. There's a map, so when you're thinking to yourself, "I totally know where that goes, but I cannot for my life remember how to get there...." you can get a trigger. Yes, you still have to GET THERE on your own (wouldn't that just defeat the purpose?), but you can get a reminder as to where it is.

Additionally, the journal is a genius addition. After I completed this game (Lost City) I went back and played the first one, and found that the lack of journal was a real challenge, which made me appreciate the one in Lost City that much more. You get codes and carry them around with you, which when they're five, six, ten screens apart is really, really great.

The graphics are stunning. As a result of stunning graphics and also extended screen-on time, this game will chomp your battery right up. NO fault of the game, just a matter of fact.

I definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, February 1, 2012
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
Fun game with great puzzles and beautiful graphics. This app reminds me of Myst and Riven. I highly recommend this game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good adventure game, clumsy help screens, May 23, 2012
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
If you've played Secret of Grisly Manor and enjoyed it, then this is even better. Great graphics for this type of game.

Gameplay involves hunting around an island, which is shown as separate screens that interconnect with each other through doorways, steps, paths etc. Along the way you find objects that help you progress, but it is not always very obvious where to use them, so you have to think about it and use some trial and error if you get stuck. Through collecting heart-shaped stones you change the scenes from spring to winter to summer to autumn, and these seasons affect what you can do (eg, do you need the water in a particular area to be frozen or not?)

I've played it through once and I did have to rely on the help screens. Which are really bad. But it did get me through the game, so I suppose they can't be completely useless. They just could be so much more user-friendly. The map is OK, and certainly helps, but again, this could be easier.

Oh, and if you can't actually find the help screens, they're in the journal in your sack. It took me a while to figure that out too!

An enjoyable game, and I look forward to playing this through many more times.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crashes, December 1, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Crashed on my Fire 8.9 HD, too. Dang!, December 1, 2012
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
Crashed for me, too. Hopefully they can fix it....looks like a fun game. Just got the 8.9 Fire HD 4G LTE. Lovin' it!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't open past second page, December 1, 2012
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
As I said in title it reverts back to start screen at second page. Something wrong with this. I am deleting. I have new Kindle Fire HD 32 Very disappointed. I like these types of games. I will try again if it gets fixed or someone tells me how to make it work. UPDATE! It loaded and worked on my smaller original Kindle. No instruction don't know what to do. Will read the reviews that help with playing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HD game crashes, December 1, 2012
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
Game starts by telling a story. On second screen talking about an Island I click continue and the app crashes

3.0 out of 5 stars The truth is..., February 14, 2012
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
that this game was not 'cheap' at $1.99. At that price, I expect great ease of navigation throughout the game. It seems the developers threw in the 'hint guide' and screen numbers as an afterthought rather than create a seamless way to get from screen to screen instantly. I had to refer to the hint guide more than I wanted to just to remember which room was 'screen 34' for example. On top of that, there was no good way to get between the hints and the map and each time you look at the hint menu, you would have to re-scroll and open the hint you had previously viewed. With a game that looks as nice as this does, I was surprised that I had to use as many hints as I did. Many of the clues did not make any logical sense! For instance, chapter 8's golden snake clue for the corresponding box. The clue written down in the journal is much different than the simple clue on the wall. I finally figured out that it was the number of leaves on the color that determined how many flowers of each color there were. The flowers with one leaf are red, two leaves are blue, and three leaves are green. The location of the colors on the original clue were meaningless. Very frustrating, but you'll want to persevere to the end. Just be aware that you'll get to the last room of all to then have to chase down 4 more items once again. Sigh. Good, but NOT great. Three stars. Long review.

The Lost City