4.0 out of 5 stars Great option for motorcycle camping...
The Good:

I bought this grill for this summers motorcycle camping adventures. I can't think of a better use for this grill. Narrower main body section gives many options for tying down, and on my bike (a shadow 750) the bottom "foot hole" was able to go over and around my sissy bar and sit on my rack. Pretty sweet. 2 up camping now comes with a BBQ...
Published on March 30, 2009 by Michael C. Wolfe

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad Paint
Published on May 8, 2011 by Gary

4.0 out of 5 stars Great option for motorcycle camping..., March 30, 2009
This review is from: Fire Sense Notebook Charcoal Grill (Lawn & Patio)
The Good:

I bought this grill for this summers motorcycle camping adventures. I can't think of a better use for this grill. Narrower main body section gives many options for tying down, and on my bike (a shadow 750) the bottom "foot hole" was able to go over and around my sissy bar and sit on my rack. Pretty sweet. 2 up camping now comes with a BBQ!

The Bad (at least for motorcycle camping):

It is a bit flimsy (but quite stable when open for grilling). With care, I am expecting to get about 50 or so BBQs out of it. After it falls apart I am planning to go to a metal shop in town and have it re-fabricated in some heaver gauge steel. I would be willing to have a little heaver (and smaller) grill for motorcycle camping if it was durable. The grilling surface is large. Expect to need about 3 pounds of charcoal to get it going well, 6 pounds (an entire small bag) of charcoal for a full grill to feed 4+ people. This makes it a requirement to setup camp, and then ride out to get groceries and charcoal. Messy.

I've BBQ'd for years and have to say the "action" on this grill is quite good. If you really have a need for an extremely portable grill, I would definitely recommend it. If you are just looking for a smaller grill for car camping or porch cookouts I would recommend the more traditional Coleman and Weber portable grills with a lid and better durability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent grill - exactly what I was looking for, June 8, 2009
This review is from: Fire Sense Notebook Charcoal Grill (Lawn & Patio)
I had been wanting a foldable grill and didn't even know they existed until I came across this one on Amazon. It not only saves TONS of space on my small patio but it delivers in quality of food too! I've had a few bbq's with this grill so far and the quality of food has been phenominal. I find the easiest thing to do is to buy one of those small charcoal bags that all you do is light it - no need to open the bag. It fits perfectly in this grill. The cleanup is very easy and not messy at all. And I absolutely love that it folds up to be about 1/2" wide. It takes up no room at all on my patio. I gave up my Weber big grill for this one - great decision!!! I highly recommend this grill as it is great for serving about 6 good sized burgers and about 4 hot dogs on the grill at the same time. When I had it delivered at my job - a couple of co-workers had me open it and display it for them. Then after that weekend of testing it out, I reported the good news to them and they bought it too. If you're looking for a small portable, durable, inexpensive, & reliable grill -- get this one!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad Paint, May 8, 2011
This review is from: Fire Sense Notebook Charcoal Grill (Lawn & Patio)
I bought this grill because I have a small RV camper with limited space. The grill worked great except the grill is on very top with no sides so hot dogs can easily roll off. Also after one use, the paint peeled off and looks terrible. Seems like they could have used heat resistant paint like other grills. Once nice thing is after you finish cooking, you can throw in a couple of small pieces of wood and have a small camp fire. It is made of very thin material so it cools off fast once you dump out the coals so you can pack it up for travel. It would be nice to have a carrying case as it is nearly impossible to put back in the box. Other than that is exactly what I have been looking for for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect off-roading grill, June 14, 2010
This review is from: Fire Sense Notebook Charcoal Grill (Lawn & Patio)
PROS:
Very light
Decent Price
Doubles as a Fire Pit
Easy to Clean
Takes up very little storage space, either at home or during your travels.
Uses charcoal or wood as a fuel

CONS:
Grill portion, not made of stainless steel - chrome plated steel.
Product arrived with some damage to the sheet metal - since I do plan to USE this and know it will get damage, I opted not to return.
I used a hammer and "adjusted" the metal.

Overall:
The perfect companion if you plan an overnight car-camping trip or overland camping trip in your truck.
You can use either charcoal or wood as a fuel.
The fuel grill is perfect that when the fuel is burnt, the ashes fall through to the bottom of the grill and with a poker (wood stick), you can remove it.
Also from that same access hole (on both ends), it allows air to enter and help on maintaining the burn of the fuel.
A well thought out portable grill.

Check out the hyperlink for what I mean as a Expedition Overland Camping Trips.
[...]

3.0 out of 5 stars BBQ, July 22, 2010
This review is from: Fire Sense Notebook Charcoal Grill (Lawn & Patio)
It's an OK grill. Can't be moved with ease once lit. It's good for trips to the park with the way it folds up when not in use. I DON'T like the holes in the bottom because the coal dust falls out and this item cannot be put on say something (grass) that can go on fire. With the hole in the bottom there should be some sort of tray to catch the burned out coals that fall. I'm somewhat disapointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars flimsy, August 6, 2011
This review is from: Fire Sense Notebook Charcoal Grill (Lawn & Patio)
It is so flimsy that it was bent when I opened it, and as a result, it lost alignment. Don't buy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars would have been great if it were made from thicker metal, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Fire Sense Notebook Charcoal Grill (Lawn & Patio)
Worked well but did not last more than a couple years. Rusted (which is okay, will happen) but it warped from the heat so doesn't fold as nicely as before. Would have been great if it was a bit thicker metal, I would gladly have paid more, but I think most people camp so infrequently they just want cheap junk. Don't build too large a fire in it to make it last longer. Recommended if you like the average level of quality for camp gear, like Coleman. Not recommended if you want guide-quality equipment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good choice for us, June 11, 2013
This review is from: Fire Sense Notebook Charcoal Grill (Lawn & Patio)
We pull camper and do several weeks at a time. Used the grill less than 10 times and are disappointed in the flimsy construction. Very light weight material and no air draft control. Grate broke before even used it, where the sections were crimped. Also does not stay fastened on the sides, spreads so grates don't hook over the edges.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, July 22, 2013
This review is from: Fire Sense Notebook Charcoal Grill (Lawn & Patio)
The product came in bent. it was stuck so tight that it took another friend of mine to pull from two sides to open. One of the edge is too sharp and the friend cut finger trying to open it. Realized this at the time of grilling and had to use it as there was no other choice for a get together.

Like the design but not at all happy with the one we received and the purchase.

Update:
Frame started to show rust slowly. Its been little over a month and now the chrome grill started to rusting. I am very disappointed now.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little camping grill, October 23, 2011
This review is from: Fire Sense Notebook Charcoal Grill (Lawn & Patio)
i ordered this item for the purpose of being able to tote it around with me on camping, fishing and hunting trips. the way it folds up flat helps it to fit perfectly in the back of my jeep. it's not quite as sturdy as an iron hibachi but that's not what i was looking for here. i wanted something compact, packable, and lightweight and this grill seems to fit the bill perfectly.

Fire Sense Notebook Charcoal Grill