4.0 out of 5 stars Cool table ambiance
Published 22 months ago by Michael Wesoloski

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
I live in AZ so I grill outside year round. I got this for the few colder months/weeks in the winter. This item works okay, but I noticed you have to stand right next to it to feel the heat. So I am not sure how well it would work in colder climates.
Published on November 30, 2012 by Top

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool table ambiance, February 11, 2013
If you are looking for heat, go with the standard table top heater. But if you are looking for a cool effect, this wins hands down. Lasts several evenings on moderate setting with one tank, certainly cheaper to run than fire logs. The unit is very well built and awesome looking, with one drawback. The controls to light, set flame height, and turn off are inside the door (should be outside), and the door latch is a poor design. There are 2 tabs on the bottom, one arrived already broken off, which I superglued, the other broke off on first use, which I also superglued. The latch is a push and twist affair, after several uses you unscrew the little nut holding on the back latch - overall a very poor design, which wouldn't matter so much if you didn't have to use it twice on each use, maybe more if you wanted to change setting. But, the coolness of the unit far outweighs this negative.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to set up and use, October 30, 2011
Debbie Avery (Colorado Springs CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire Sense Propane Table Top Patio Heater, Old World Bronze (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)
We are very happy with this product. It puts out the right about of heat for a 6 seat table. Easy to assemble also and it look great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good heater for size, October 20, 2012
I purchased this heater to work on a covered patio in the fall. First observation, it's bigger than I expected. This turned out to be a good thing because it keeps the heating element away from people sitting in chairs while still providing good heat. We've used it several times now and found it to be very good at heating the area around a 6 seat table. Last night the temperature made it down to 50 degrees and yet we were able to stay reasonably warm based on the heat it puts out.

I would strongly suggest getting the adapter hose to connect it to a 20lbs propane tank. I've been using 1lbs tanks and it is pretty temperamental. It's been difficult to light and sometimes tough to keep lit. I also found the small tanks just don't last very long. I suspect this is due to flow issues from the small tanks and that a larger one would provide better/constant pressure. You also have a cutt-off valve you can use on the large tank for added protection when not in use.

While the device has been a little trouble to light and keep lit, overall it's been a great find in being a reasonable size and yet providing good heat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, shipping package could be better., September 16, 2013
Great Product. My shipment came upside down. At first glance, the box indicates it's safe to ship in either direction however a closer look at the arrows indicates you can only ship straight up in one direction. The upside down arrow should have a DO NOT or a circle with a diagonal arrow over the upside down arrow instead. The upside arrow is indicating to `not' push down in that direction.

My glass was out of position and wouldn't go back in place, I had to take apart the 3 screws on top to bend the clips back into place, re position the glass and reassemble the top.
The flames are awesome to look at while providing ambient heat. If I was in MN during the winter, this won't do it for me however for a chilly evening, this is great.

The first burn/ignite took about a minute. The knob must be straight up in the 12:00 position while holding down the pilot knob & pressing ignite. Once the pilot light is lit, then turn to start the flames. After the first burn, it ignites every time.

4.0 out of 5 stars mr patio made this right, December 23, 2012
Bought this and a Coleman hose to operate off a 20 lb tank. Once assembled and connected to the tank it would not ignite-- called heater distrubutor and was told would only operate with a 1 lb tank or their hose (did not see that in the itemdescription) but they did offer to sell me their hose.

Bought a 1 lb tank and it ignited-- once-- moved it to our hot tub area and again it wont ignite. I have used propane grilles for years without a problem. Should not be this difficult. So I cant recommend this to anyone

update 1/5/13
MR patio contacted me after i left the above review, they overnighted a replacement heater which i assembled and the new unit works fine. i did notice the spark igniter on the original heater was misaligned which may have been the cause of the problems.
great customer service, would not hesitate to deal with them again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sit close!, September 10, 2012
Steve S. (Cumming, GA, US) - See all my reviews
The heater works relatively well and gives off a fair amount of heat. However, the claim of 15 feet of coverage isn't accurate. It's closer to 4 or 5. Other than that, its very easy to operate, looks good, and is the perfect size for a screened porch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and arrived in perfect condition, April 30, 2014
Saw some comments on shipping and how they arrived. I bought two of these and both were in perfect working order and high quality product. Looks like they will last for a long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, November 30, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars FLAME ON!, December 7, 2012
I'm semi-retired, traveling the Western U.S., living & working out of my 40 ft RV. I was looking for something sheik, lightweight and functional. The brushed chrome finish is a classic touch as well. This little heater is great to sit by in the evening and so easy to pack up & store when I travel in my RV. I even ordered the fitting to attach a propane line directly to my RV barbeque connection. I go to a lot of RV rally's and expect to be the talk of the events. Everyone thus far that see's the flame in operation comments on how unique and wonderful it is.

I read the review about a customers heater arriving damaged but I order mine anyway because of the great replacement/satisfaction guarantee should any mishap occur. Mine arrived in perfect condition. Very pleased...

4.0 out of 5 stars satisfied with the product, July 17, 2012
I used it one time,on the fourth of July. We live on the coast and the weather has been cold and breezy. I was pleased with the heat that was generated from this small heater. I would reccomend it.