5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected
Published on November 25, 2012 by Fernando Alemany MD

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Heat Bad Glow
Published on November 20, 2008 by D. Douglas

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Heat Bad Glow, November 20, 2008
This review is from: Fire Sense Indoor/Outdoor Wall-Mounted Infrared Heater, Stainless Steel (Lawn & Patio)
I purchased this heater for my outdoor sitting area which is enclosed on two sides and covered. Although I would have probably needed two or three to properly heat the whole area. As far as heat output this thing is great however at night time the tremendous orange glow is a little overwhelming. Many of my friends commented that they felt like they were under the warmers at a McDonalds. At night we typically keep the lights off or dimmed low, and with this thing on it feels as if all the lights are on full blast and everyone has a weird orange glow. Therefore if you looking for something that puts out the heat and the light this thing is for you. As for me I'm moving this into my shop because with all lights on in the shop you want notice the orange glow and for my outside i will probably get something that doesn't put out this kind of light because when I'm sitting outside at night with friends, i prefer for it not to feel like daylight. Again though puts out the heat like advertised.

2.0 out of 5 stars Anemic heat as an outdoor heater - No on/off switch or thermostat, January 6, 2011
This is a adequately designed unit for outdoor use, but puts out a lot more light than heat. I bought this to use on my screened in patio. It is mounted above the sliding door, pointed at my spa. My hope was that it would provide enough heat that one could stand under it while drying off from the spa during chilly weather, but it just doesn't put out that much heat. My propane patio heater is far more effective, if something of a bother to light. I didn't expect it to heat an area - just people standing under it for 5 minutes or so.... disappointing that it can't even do that.

I have two other issues: 1) It makes the entire room glow bright orange - this puts out a lot more visible light than I expected from an "infrared" heater (you could read by it!) 2) There is no provising for a switch on the heater or with the cord. You must turn it on or off by plugging it in. There is also no thermostat or timer - together these reresent significnat shortcomings for a heater of this type.

I would recommend looking at other options for spot heating. This is worth a try if it looks like it will meet your needs, but be aware of its limitations. Keep in mind that it must be installed in a sheltered enviornment - it shouldn't be exposed to rain or snow.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boooo!, March 11, 2012
I purchased this item and it worked great for about 2 hours and then the bulb burned out. You have only one choice to buy replacement bulbs and they are $69.00 plus shipping (that's almost half of the unit price). I have a friend who has had to replace bulbs 3 times. Don't waste your money on this heater.

1.0 out of 5 stars Want one that works...buy from a store!!, January 12, 2011
L. Dellert (Savannah, GA.) - See all my reviews
"Unit would not turn on when plugged in...Customer service told me...Its just a bulb you can get from Walmart. Sent new me bulb to install which involves taking whole unit apart! New bulb worked less than an hour. I called again and was told new bulb may have hairline crack in it and wanted to send another bulb. Told by service rep " If you want a unit that works out of the box I would suggest you by from a store!! Twice I was told by company service representatives to go to a store to solve my problem with this unit!!! I think that said it all. Beware!!"

3.0 out of 5 stars Found this product with pole mount option and wheels, September 11, 2009
I love my Infrared Patio Heater but I wish I had known about one that had an option for a pole mount and wheels. I found this one for the same approximate price.
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, November 25, 2012
Fernando Alemany MD (Carencro, Louisiana United States) - See all my reviews
Easy to assemble. I do highly recommend that you us the mounting hardware and resit the temptation to mount directly. It is easy to swing from side to side and up and down. The swiveling mount keeps it farther form the wooden beam where mine is mounted. Not that it need to be because it has very adequate shielding, but the small distance gives me me peace of mind. The first night we used it the outside temperature was 42 degrees Farenheit. I glowed a cozy orange and radiated heat on an area of about 12 feet by 8 feet wide. Perfect for the oval sofa and two seat that comprise our outdoor covered seating area. I wold only have added an on and off switch. As it stands, we plug it and unplug it when we use it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Firse Sense is not good Sense, December 12, 2013
David (Disputanta, Vatican City State (Holy See)) - See all my reviews
This is one sorry product. I'm on heater #4 and the longest lived one has lasted about 2 months. The last one lasted 3 days. Patio heaters won't respond to my request for warranty replacement. I bought a bulb for 68.00 to repair one lamp - that's the one that lasted 3 days after the original lamp lasted 3 weeks. They are on a thermostat in a small greenhouse. Twice I have had to grab portable heaters in the middle of the night to keep my plants from freezing. I would definitely not recommend this product to anyone. The only good thing I can say is that I bought the first one from Sams with a replacement warranty. They replaced it no questions asked. It has been working for about 2 weeks the second one broke 2 nights ago. I love the convenience of Amazon but it appears that when you buy it from them, you own it and good luck if it breaks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost enough of a heater, January 14, 2011
I bought this heater to keep my fully insulated garage from freezing in the winter. It seemed to be the highest wattage heater I could find that would plug into an outlet. Installation was a breeze. After using it for a month it does keep the garage from freezing, but barely. It runs 24/7 and when it's 0 degrees outside my garage is a balmy 40. So inevitably it was a success, but I was hoping for a little more warmth.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dead On Arrival, but issue was resolved, January 4, 2013
I'm a cigar smoker who is relegated to the outside by the wifely unit. That means I freeze while I smoke or abstain altogether during the cooler months. My hope was that this heater would help extend the cigar-smoking season or banish the cold-weather altogether.

I was anxious to receive and begin using this heater. Unfortunately, it arrived DOA, which required a call to Customer Support. They diagnosed a blown lamp and mailed a replacement out. A week later, I was in business.

As heating units go, this one is "okay". It adequately heats enough space to keep me warm while I'm on the back deck. It does not throw a large enough bubble of warmth to cover a larger space, though. Keep in mind, this on my back deck, with no walls to help contain the heat. It might be great as a garage or enclosed patio unit.

3.0 out of 5 stars poor durability, November 27, 2012
This heater worked fairly well in my barn office, but the element burned out and then something else popped and caused it to stop working a few months after the element was replaced. seems like the engineering is not quite up to the power output.