Customer Discussions > Fire Study (Study, Book 3) forum

Fire Study....too much going on?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 31, 2008 8:20:05 PM PDT
Claire W. says:
I have recently finished Fire Study, and I have to admit, I wasn't too impressed by it. I loved Poison Study and Magic Study, but Fire Study just wasn't up to their standards. Yelena just flies through the book, with a new twist in every chapter. Nothing is elaborated on, and none of the characters get the attention they deserve. Am i the only one who thinks this?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2008 7:34:52 AM PDT
Well I don't know if I'd put it like that. I certainly really liked the book, but I think I know what you mean. The book was actually the hardest one for me to get into because of the 150+ pages of them just tracking the Daviians across Sitia. But as for Yelena, I actually really liked her here because of her mistakes. A lot of people were complaining that in Magic Study she was so perfect and could do no wrong and such. Here she screwed up a lot, but instead of making her look bad as a character, it only served to humanize her in my eyes. If she continued to be perfect... well she'd be in danger of being a *whispers* Mary Sue, but I don't think she is.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2008 9:25:50 PM PDT
Claire W. says:
I agree with the part about Yelena being "humanized" because she really was portrayed as being perfect and flawless in the two previous books. It just kinda bugged me that it was so slow in the beginning, and then in the middle, a new catastrophe every other page it seemed like. But all in all, I enjoyed it.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 2:49:58 PM PDT
Johanna says:
I kept skipping whole swathes of it, it was just so tedious and repetitious. Too many captures and escapes and traveling and inane dithering by the heroine.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Mar 31, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fire Study (Luna)
Fire Study (Luna) by Maria V. Snyder (Paperback - October 1, 2008)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (134)