Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on May 15, 2011
Without giving away too much, this the six book of The Last Dragon Chronicles, fulfills expectations. Although those who are anxiously waiting to learn what happened to everyone after they vanished at the end of Dark Fire, still have to wait, okay well sort of have to wait. Wish I could explain why I made such an odd statement, but you will have to read it to find out. Anyway, I enjoyed the story, and what is nice, is a lot of things that started getting a bit confusing, for me anyway, as the story progressed in the other books, gets a little better straightened out in this one. The firebirds are an interesting new addition to the tales, though the dragons still play the most important role. The only complaint I have is that yet again I have to endure another long wait between books, and it ended on a cliffhanger again.....

My vote, if you love the series you need to read this one. And, if you haven't read the series, start. Even though I am bit old for these books, I have thoroughly enjoyed them.
on March 28, 2015
The continuation of the Last Dragon Chronicles.

David, Lucy, Zanna and the dragons have disappeared after the destruction of dark fire. This book starts out on Co:pern:ica. David, a young boy dreams odd dreams and is sent to the Librarium. His mom Eliza and father Harlan are concerned for they fear he will be sent to the Dead Lands. David meets Rosa and Mr. Henry along with the firebirds.

Everyone on Co:pern:ica uses their fain to construct what they need. And the Librarium is a special place full of books. Why it is, no one knows and no one has been beyond the 42nd floor.

It's the firebirds that know the secret of the dragons. Many things happen in the story and the ending is very surprising and deals with a tapestry. But will the firebirds bring the dragons before Ix takes over and destroys the Is?

I gave the book a four simply for the fact that with the change in characters was a bit confusing. I finally understood that Co:pern:ica was the land between Earth and where the Fain live (and probably where David, Lucy and Zanna went). Co:pern:ica is actually a parallel universe if you will, to that of Earth.

This has been an interesting read and journey so far with the dragons. I can't wait to finish the last book and see what the dragons are going to do.
on December 27, 2015
This is a great book. My 12 year old read it when he was 9, and couldn't put it down. I bought him the next one as soon as he was done to keep him reading. He read it with ease and said it was a really good story. I couldn't tell you what it was about cause he didn't go into details, just said he really like it and wanted the next one, right away.
on March 23, 2014
In my opinion: leaps and bounds better than the last one! The story lines were easier to follow and the story itself was really exciting and engaging. There were fewer "important moments" that turned out no to be that important in the end after all and also fewer moments that kind of just passed by when you weren't really paying attention, but turned out to be crucial, if that makes any sense.

That being said, I was not prepared for the beginning. I thought we would continue where the last book left off and see what happened next, but no! :O This story is told from a completely different, yet somewhat similar, point of view with a whole new set of characters. It spans over quite some time and ends where the last book ended. Or does it, considering "the thing" (don't want to spoil) is suspended in time? Some things are confusing, i.e. the issue with time, space and such, but I think it is really exciting how this story has spiralled out of my initial expectations!
on May 28, 2011
My boys eagerly awaited this final installment in the Last Dragon series. They were not disappointed. A great series!
on May 19, 2014
I know this series was written for teenagers but at 68 I enjoyed it as much if not more than the young readers. It is more true to life than one first thinks as it progresses. We all could learn a lot from the underlying theme of this series.
on May 2, 2014
ordered those for my son 6 years ago he loves the book so does my daughter so I ordered it for her 14th birthday today she loves to read my son has the whole set and so dose my daughter today thank you Carolyn L Smith
on July 24, 2012
blah blah blah..bad reviewers!!! giving one star because you dont know how to describe the book..or you cant understand David..my 4th grader gets this book!!! the great part about this book is that i can read it to my kids and it doesnt have parts i have to skim over because its to bloody or to much sex.. it doesnt have that. i like/enjoy it as much as them and its not boring! 4 stars because it can get slow at times..but there arent to many books that dont for atleast one chapter..i would give it 4.5 if you want the truth but it wont let me.
on May 25, 2013
I order books as gifts for students--reluctant readers. I discover their interest, and we read aloud, taking turns. I find books that have a sequel or are in a series. The kids love the gift books and prefer hard cover.
on January 11, 2013
This is an engaging series for young adults...you start the first book and you can't wait to turn the page or pick up the next one to see what happens next...creative...I look forward to more from this writer.