Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing

on May 15, 2007
Like the Stingray I reviewed earlier, this is a toy that doesn't really have any educational value, but like Stingray, this is die cast of a very high quality. The detailing is also exceptional. One really nice feature is that Fireball Junior separates and re-attaches using a very strong magnet. They refer to this as a toy, but the detailing is good enough to be considered a scale model.

Since the series was in black and white, you have to trust the manufacturers to get the coloring right. I had a plastic toy set when I was a kid (I'm talking early 1960's); a rather large Fireball (18"?) with removable Junior, take-off ramp and buildings. From what I remember, the coloring of this version is right.

For fans of this series, this toy/model would be highly enjoyable.
on November 22, 2011
I have a collection of model spacecraft/aircraft from sci-fi series of the 60's and 70's. Mostly model kits I built back in the day and a few diecasts including Spindrift, Flying Sub, Invaders UFO, etc. But I lacked a Fireball XL5. I was happy to find this excellent replica to add to my fleet. Though classified as a toy, this model has fit and finish to make a fine display piece. Highly recommended.
on March 8, 2007
Great scale model.........Heavy metal and great detail. Strong magnet to hold XL5 junior. Highly recommended to any XL5 fan. Super fast shipping from TOYZZ
on February 15, 2011
When I first saw this die cast Fireball XL5, it brought back memories of watching the show on TV. Even though I didn't remember the stories, I did remember the rocket ship. I also wanted to have one to play with so I could imagine myself flying to the stars. It has taken a long time but I now have it and it is awesome. It arrived well packaged and it's painted well and the markings are very good. It is quite heavy and there is a powerful magnet that allows Fireball Junior to attach itself to the main ship. I have not tested the stand because I keep it in its box (which makes an excellent display case) in my bedroom next to my 1966 Hotwheels Batmobile. Fortunately my wife understands the kid in me. When it arrived I did take it out to examine it for dents, dings and scratches. It was still reasonably priced when I bought it from Amazon; now it has more than doubled what I paid. So if you haven't got one yet, you may want to get one before it gets any higher or it's not available anymore.
on June 13, 2010
I received the Fireball XL5 Ship within a few days after ordering. This is a rare collector item and was actually larger than expected-just under a foot long. The display box is so colorful I don't want to unpack it. The description of this was very accurate without disappointment. Truly worth getting for those XL5 enthusiasts and fans!
on November 4, 2015
The model is great . But I didn't realise on top of the price I paid £30 for the parcel to be delivered whitch really made it expensive .
on June 19, 2008
My son absolutely loves this toy, especially the Junior Fireball, attached to XL5 by a magnet. Looks very durable and very bright colors!