Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Firebox 5" Folding Campfire Stove + Grill Plate
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 13, 2013
Power out? Doesn't matter. This little stove
Will burn charcoal, wood nubbins, etc. I take downed limbs from the oak and hickory that
Regularly drop limbs. I'll take a 3.5 inch diameter
Limb and cut it up into 4,5 inch long pieces
With my electric jaw saw using solar generated
Electricity and cut 20-30 hardwood chunks. Put
Charcoal about 3-4 inches deep, use a fire starter under the stove. Get the fire going and add a chunk of hardwood for smoke flavor and
Cook the best honey glazed chicken breast and
Strips and pork chops on this's little stove and
In 20 minutes I have a wonderful tasting meal.
It can handle a medium size pot or pan. Cooks
Great and burns fuel safely. Is usually approved
For every campground. Even those that say no
Ground fires. Bought another for my daughter
Who camps. Will not leave mine behind. Lots of people stop by my campsite due to the smell and sight of this little stove. Great survival stove
To own and use. Won't wear out. Very heavy
Duty. I love it. Get one, you'll see what I mean.
Got it on Amazon. Quick shipping.
Steve walker
Terry,ms
on June 2, 2012
I can't believe I'm the first one writing a review on this product. This firebox stove is simply awesome! I got it for an early father's day present and just couldn't resist opening it early. I took it up to the mountains at about 9000 feet and cooked a 1 1/2 inch thick steak during high winds. Wow, the results were fantastic. All I used for fuel was small dead tree branches and twigs, kept feeding it into the box and got tons of heat. I even had to be careful not to burn my steak. I love the thought and ingenuity that is put into this contraption! It is compact, although not light weight at 2.2 lbs because it's made out of 18 gauge stainless steel. It will definitely last for a very long time. It's extremely durable and versitile. For fuel you can burn combustible things like sticks and twigs, pine cones, cole, brickets, wood chips, wood pellets, etc., with ease. You can also use camping fuels like Camp Heat or sterno as well as fuel tablets. I've only had it for a week and already I've cooked two steaks, roasted marshmellows, and boiled water with it. It cleans up well too - just a little dish soap and a scrub pad.

I like how you can also cook with any size container/pan or pot due to the use of the fire sticks. When using something like camp heat or sterno you can make an additional set of sticks to support the fuel on the bottom out of clothes hanger wires while using the fire sticks on the top to support the pot. They are also small enough to fit into the grooves on the outside along side the fire sticks when packed up.

My only wish is I could buy add-on items like a durable carrying bag (rather than the flimsy clothe bag it comes with), fire sticks, boiler plate, grill plate, etc., to be sold separately. Also, if the firebox were made of titanium for backpacking - that would be fantastic. Otherwise, this product rocks as it is and I definitely recommend it.
on September 17, 2012
I purchased this stove and finally took it camping. I will never ever have to worry about fuel for a camp stove again! This thing boils water faster than my gas stove in my kitchen and looks like it will last a lifetime as its a heavy gauge stainless steel. I tried it with both wood and charcoal and it was great using either one. This might be a little heavey for an ultralight backpacker but if you want a stove that will last and works great this is it. Dont hesitate and Im glad to support an American Product.
on June 24, 2012
Field tested on a rainy cold day in the Cascade foothills of WA. I love this little fire box. Fuel is everywhere. Cooked hot dogs, boiled water, with minimum amount of fuel, all in the pouring down rain. A little on the heavy side if you are going ultra-lite, but you won't waste space in your' pack with fuel. Also, this little box folds down so compact that it doesn't take up space in your pack. Very solid construction. Stainless steel. Stable, even with a large pot of water. This fire box goes everywhere I go. Simply love it.
on August 14, 2013
I've been doing 2 to 3 week canoe trips in Northern Ontario (Canada) for the past decade and the best we could come up with in the way of cooking strategies was a fairly flimsy folding BBQ Grill (we want to cook with wood, not gas). Problem was that it was a bit time consuming to gather enough wood, get the fire set up under the grill and then the actual cooking took a while as well. The Firebox changed everything. Now, we come up on a campsite, pull out the Firebox, throw in some twigs and get a hotter, more concentrated fire in seconds. Cooking done, we use the fire-sticks that come with it to pick it up and dump it in the fire-pit for a proper campfire. We also would typically skip hot shore lunches for granola bars as nobody wanted to go to the trouble of gathering wood, making a fire, making sure it was out, etc. With the Firebox we're stopping for hot lunches, cooking fish, and even stopping for hot coffee mid-morning as well. It's so quick and easy. Great product. Weight is not too bad, and it packs down to nothing.

David W.
Ottawa, Canada
on July 12, 2012
It is really an awesome product.

The chimney effect is really good, the bottom plate designed to catch the ash is a few mm above ground so it won't get dangerously hot below. The grill plate is well designed. Note: use the sticks supplied or a fork to spread the side plates to fit the grill plate into its notches, it won't just glide in. This is not a bug, it's a feature! This way it won't come off unless you want it to.
Due to the small volume it won't burn too long on a load of firewood. Take dry fir cones or similar for best duration and effect. This way one load will last long enough to grill two subsequent loads of meat. Keep tinder and more cones ready.

there is just one little design issue: under the grill plate there is only a small opening to the front for refilling. I modified it by cutting that part a bit wider. When you use it with a pot on top it's not an issue.
on August 7, 2013
Thought I'd "gamble" on a product I thought might suit my purposes for hiking,hunting,and boating. Well, we went boating (crabbing and prawning) and I got a chance to use it a lot. While camping over night on an island, I used it for everything from boiling water to frying up sausages. Later a larger pot was put on for 3 crab to be cooked. I am a new believer!!! Easy to get going and it takes such a small amount of wood to keep a healthy roaring fire going with tremendous BTU output. (in the future I am going to bring old construction lumber, cut and split into small pieces to avoid removing wood from the beach areas.) It was very sturdy with the pot on it. ( I did a push-up on the pot while it rested on the unlit firebox to demonstrate its stability to my nephew) BTU output is easily adjusted with different types/quality/and thickness of wood. If you backpack it is a touch heavy(2-3 lbs) but worth it as firewood is everywhere. So, without a stove and fuel this weight is offset easily. I absolutely loved it and it was easy to get the hang of set-up,lighting,and adjusting fuel requirements for various cooking duties. The people at Firebox were top-notch with their customer service too. Give 'em a call, and you'll agree. I look forward to many years of good times with this well made/designed product.
on October 26, 2013
I got to admit, this is the greatest breakdown stove I've ever seen. The whole thing is made from stamped stainless steel and assembled in a way it will open almost automatically to a real handy stove that will use just about any fuel. Pellets, charcoal, sterno, alcohol, and natural wood kindling. A small Propane one burner backpack stove will fit inside to make a the Propane burner windproof. Just cram anything that will burn into it and you will have great heat. Boil a cup of water or a large sauce pan. You just can'b beat this little stove. Folds flat for easy storage.
on March 2, 2016
Whoa, how did I forget to review this amazing marvel of outdoor ingenuity? I have a BioLite Camp Stove as well, and while the Firebox won't charge my phone, it does a much better job of being a camp stove than the BioLite. First, it's lightweight and space-saving. You really can't set it up wrong even though it looks a little daunting at first. If you know how to start a fire, it is very simple to start one in the Firebox. The design is absolutely amazing. You can cook so many ways with this thing that it blows my mind. The fire sticks make it easy to use and adjust without getting burned. I do recommend some silicone fingertip pot holders just to make it even easier to adjust if a fire is going. The best part of the Firebox is that when you are done cooking, you don't have to wait for it to cool down. You can just take the fire sticks or silicone pot holders and carefully dunk the Firebox into your nearby water source. The only con I have found with it is that it's very easy to knock over with your boot if you aren't paying attention, and knocking over a campfire is never a good thing. I prep everything I'm cooking with it before I get the fire going to avoid this. Not a defect with the product by any means. Happy Camping.
on January 4, 2014
after all the hype I was somewhat skeptical however i am impressed. the product was well packaged the instructions were easy to read.it takes some tinkering to get used to the different settings. I am impressed with the versatility of the product. any stove can boil water but the cooking grille is a sweet addition that really makes the purchase worthwhile. if you were sitting on the fence about getting this product then spend the extra bucks. It will be well worth your while. the product is well made and with the proper care should last for many many seasons. It ranks high on the fun factor scale