Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on June 13, 2012
Bought the scope as a "cheap" scope for a project I have been kicking around, bought a 91/30 put the monte carlo stock on it, bedded it(glass and pillar) shaved the barrel, put a nice trigger on it(timney) nice bipod, I have a Leupold mark 4 for my other rifle, this was just for kicks.

Man was I impressed, I didn't expect good clarity, let alone to hold a zero after 10 rounds with a 54r kick(like30-06) this puppy held its zero, and performed extremely well at 250 yards.
I would recommend this product to my buddies who shoot almost as religiously as I do. One thing I was not happy with is the parallax seemed to get fuzzy after 10 or so rounds but could have been the sunshade. GREAT SCOPE!

Thanks,
Tmac
ILSL
on May 18, 2012
Well I know the "budget line scope" quite well and for the guy that wrote the bad review saying he or she maxed out their adjustments, check your mounting procedure mate! You all know that the rings are pretty much junk so put them aside for your kids 177 air rifle and buy a set of millet or leupold rings. The older bolt actions are gonna have the weaver grooves machined into the receiver so it aint rocket science, but newer rifles need to have the rings alligned with the bore first; ie, bolt on weaver rails. On a 700 Remington short action top loader it's best to use the 2 piece but if you use a full rail and good rings you'll be in good shape, it'll just be harder for your big hands to load the magazine. I hate W.....s that can't shoot and use their platform as the excuse! Looks just fine to me for a $100 scope!
on May 31, 2012
Held off reviewing this until I got back from a prairie dag trip to N. Mexico. A 40x scope for $100 had me skeptical, but I ended up being very impressed. It was just fine at the range. I had it sighted in after about 10 rounds (love not having to use some sort of tool to adjust sights).

As others have reviewed elsewhere, after about 30x magnification, it gets a little blurry. Not too bad though. On the trip I could still see a prairie dog at 600 yards.

I would recommend this scope to anyone except those who require exceptional clarity from their optics. Also, scope caps are cheap & flimsy, but work fine until better ones can be had.
on November 9, 2012
Ordered this scope for a physics experiment. I am a optics and laser expert, and I design rifle scopes and lenses. First I will say that this scope is quite clear and has good quality; no color issues. The focus adjustment on the front is smooth, and the turrets are user friendly and have quite a bit of adjustment range.

But the bad part is that this scope is not a 10x to 40x. I measured this in the lab, and I calculated it to be a 8-30x, or maybe a 7.5-28x. But it is NOT a 10-40x. I measured it by using a collimated HeNe laser and stopped the entrance aperture down to 40mm using an iris diaphragm. I then measured the exit pupil diameter vs. magnification. At 40x it should produce a 1mm diameter exit pupil, but I measure more like 1.3-1.4mm (28.5x to 30.7x). Just more proof that you can't trust the manufacturer to tell you the truth on magnification.

Other than the magnification not being a true 10-40x it's a good scope.
on March 23, 2013
The scope is good, the eye relief could be a little bit better but it's still way better then other cheap scopes. The high 40x zoom is a bit blurry or hazy but i mean that's really not an issue due to the price. a friend of mine has an expensive 30x power and at 500 meters this maxed out gives you about the same zoom as a 30x expensive scope with a bit more blurness, so the true specs of this scope are more like a 31x powered scope and at 27x it's clear or on the knobs at 34x it's still clean which truly gives you about a 27x zoom still great for the price.
on April 10, 2012
I received the scope on time and was very happy with the quality. The scope has very clear optics and is well constructed. The price was unbeatable, less than half what i had seen it for other places.
on July 5, 2012
This is a solid scope. Nice solid turrets, set zero and lock them down. Above 30 power it gets real fuzzy. Plenty of light for dusk shooting, holds zero on a .308 well. I would suggest the 8-32x50 over this becouse you can't see anything clearly over 30 power.
on February 5, 2012
Excellent scope and the best for the price. I got many other hight magnifications scope. Clear at all magnifications. Able to see the target at 300+yards like the target is at 30 feet.
on October 21, 2012
This is a MEGA Monster scope! Fits well on my brother's new Ruger American .308 Rifle. He should be able to pick a fly off a fence post at 600yds with this set up. Nice. Highly recommended. Clear and close at 40x. I like it!
on April 25, 2012
I am amazed at the quality and features of this scope. The rings are iffy, and I replaced them with burris, but all in all a great scope even with a 308w round. I was shooting 1/4 inch groups at 100 yards all day long.