5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!
I'm very pleased with this Firefield spotting scope. I used it for the first time today at the shooting range. Temperature was in the low 20s, and I was out there for approximately 1 hour... no problems whatsoever from this scope.

Published 20 months ago by JK

3.0 out of 5 stars Firefield 20-60 Spotting Scope
I have mixed feelings regarding the functionality of this scope. I'm reasonably certain that at this price, you should not expect perfection; however, one can always be hopeful.
Published 18 months ago by G. Roger Hicks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!, February 4, 2013
This review is from: Firefield 20-60 x 60 SE Spotting Scope Kit (Sports)

The optics are very good, with no shadows around the perimeter. It focuses well at all magnifications. My smallbore holes were easy to see at 100yds.

The scope came with a locking hard case, a soft case, and a tripod.

My only complaint is the super saver free shipping, which happens to be the slow-boat, and poor tracking capability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great optics for the price point. Clearly see .22 cal @ 200yds, November 16, 2013
This review is from: Firefield 20-60 x 60 SE Spotting Scope Kit (Sports)
I decided to purchase this based on other reviews and was not dissapointed. I was trying to decide between this one and a $300 Redfield 12-60x80. I compared this Firefield to a $100 Barska 12-60x78 i've had for 7 years and WOW... Not even close. The Firefield has it beat in overall clarity (especially edge to edge), field of view, and sharpness. The magnification was similar as expected, but the Firefield is simply much more enjoyable to look through. It's nice enough that I don't know if I'll bother purchasing the Redfield but will give an update if that happens. This firefield is GOOD ENOUGH TO SEE .22 CAL HOLES @ 200YRDS on plain green target paper, so I'm happy.
The overall build, focus and magnification knob are solid and feel reliable. The aluminum tripod is adequate, about chest high, so works best sitting or on a table. But for the price, much better than i expected. The case it comes in, well it's nice, but mostly just for storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good spotting scope, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Firefield 20-60 x 60 SE Spotting Scope Kit (Sports)
This is the best sub $100 spotting scope around, The metal box, tripod, and scope are all quality parts. The tripod is a little short for on the ground use, but works great on the bench. Spotting a splat on a 6" target at 300 yards isn't a problem anymore. I would recommend this, highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can see clearly now, March 16, 2013
This review is from: Firefield 20-60 x 60 SE Spotting Scope Kit (Sports)
I received my scope a day ahead of schedule. I opened the box and found it was in a neat colorful box of it's own. Inside I found the hard case with the scope, full lite weight tripod, hard case straps, instuctions, keys, soft case with straps and a len's cloth. I mounted the scope on my professional wooden tripod and let the fun begin. This scope is really a necessity for a shooter that needs to see his/her targets from afar. I can see clearly now my targets down range without having to bring the target back up to look at. The body of the scope has a soft velvet feel, while the optics are crystal clear. The 20-60 magnification is perfect. Nice bright readable numbers. 20x, 40x and 60x markings. The focus knob is smooth and fast. I would highly recommend this scope to any shooter who needs a great scope to see their shots and targets. Amazon has done it again for this customer. Great job Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars super clear, September 17, 2012
This review is from: Firefield 20-60 x 60 SE Spotting Scope Kit (Sports)
This is by far the best spotting scope for the low cost! super clear optics with no real distortion or dark shading! I am so glad i found this scope and deff recommend it for any type of viewing pleasure. The case and packaging are great. The only drawback is the tripod, it's a little small and wiggles in the wind. But for the price who cares! The scope alone is worth every hard earned penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars For the range, March 13, 2013
This review is from: Firefield 20-60 x 60 SE Spotting Scope Kit (Sports)
Scope comes in clear about 300 yds across my complex here at home. I can see the individual leaves on the trees at that distance. The 100 yd range should not be a problem. The tripod is excellent, and will even double as a stand for my video recorder. The hard case is excellent.

Eye relief could be a little better, but for the price I should not complain.

3.0 out of 5 stars Firefield 20-60 Spotting Scope, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Firefield 20-60 x 60 SE Spotting Scope Kit (Sports)
My scope arrived contained in a hansom, padded, but flawed metal case, complete with separate draw-string cloth bag for the scope, and a zippered shoulder bag in which to hall the scope and tripod around.

The case has two lockable clasps; one at each of the two front corners. One of the clasps would not lock due to a misalignment of the case's corner components, resulting in the lid being warped at one end.

The tripod also had an issue, in that one of the small, fragile plastic levers required to lock the tripod's extended legs was broken, basically rendering the tripod useless.

The scope appears solidly built and comes with excellent lens covers for both ends. Optics appear clear and distortion free. Using the low-end (20x) of the magnification range, the scope is not disappointing in the least, gathering good light, and is easy to focus; however, at the 60X setting, light gathering drops off significantly. I expected this to be the case with an inexpensive scope. Overall, the scope does meet my expectations, but clearly does not perform at the level of scopes costing twice the money. I have yet to use it for the purpose for which I purchased it; that is, as a spotting scope at the shooting range. I am confident it will do fine in allowing me to see the bullet holes in my target at 100 yards.

I contacted the company using the "contact us" option at the company's web sight. I was pleasantly surprised at the quick turnaround that my inquiry received. I received a new, properly working hard-case with in a week, including a new tripod. Fortunately, or unfortunately, the tripod was not the same as the one originally shipped with the scope. The replacement tripod is intended to be used on a table top, while the original tripod is adjustable for either table-top use to standing. Personally, the table top model is more suited to my needs, so I did not pursue the matter with the company further.

But for the inconvenience associated with the malfunctioning case, and the broken tripod, I would have scored the product as a 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, April 27, 2013
Amazon Customer (Hopewell Junction, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Firefield 20-60 x 60 SE Spotting Scope Kit (Sports)
My expectation was that the product would be mediocre at best, but I was very pleasantly surprised - first, by the case it comes in (metal with foam padding). It's fairly sturdy, the scope is well protected, and it looks nice.

The clarity, quality and brilliance of the images through the scope exceeded my expectations. The controls are firm, but not stiff - just enough so you can easily make focus or zoom adjustments without "overshooting" your intended setting. Even at the full 60x zoom, the image in the FOV is clear, sharp and bright.

The scope is lightweight, and the sunshield at the front works well and does its job. If I have any complaint about the scope itself, it's with the cover for the eyepiece; it's a screw-on cover, which works well but is a little annoying to put on and take off. It would have been better as a clip cover, but honestly? I'm being really nit-picky about this, given the overall quality of the scope.

The tripod that comes with the scope is servicable, but very lightweight and frankly, cheap. For ground-standing I suggest you invest in a better quality tripod; for table-standing, you'll absolutely need a table tripod, this one is simply too tall (even when collapsed) for a tabletop. However, the tripod sent with the scope fits into the case along with the scope, which is a plus if you don't want to carry a tripod around along with the case, too.

I looked at a lot of reviews and a lot of scopes before buying this one to use as a spotter scope. I absolutely made a great choice, and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, within expectations, March 7, 2014
This review is from: Firefield 20-60 x 60 SE Spotting Scope Kit (Sports)
I got exactly what I was expecting with this spotting scope. It is not the clearest in terms of optical quality, but it works quite well nonetheless.

Some limitations to keep in mind though:
-very limited eye relief. I can't wear my glasses when on higher magnifications. This is only a slight annoyance, as it can focus well enough to my eyes without glasses on.
-tripod is not that stable, but for the price, I am not really complaining, and I am just careful with it on my table top.
-field of view narrows at lower magnifications. I can actually watch the field of view change in size as I adjust the magnification. Once I get to 40x, it stays the same relative size up to 60x, but once I start going to lower than 40x, the field of view narrows.
-eyepiece cover threads are very fine, and crossthread easily, but they are plastic, and I don't mind that much

Even with those limitations, I am still quite pleased with this spotting scope and the wildlife that it allows me to see now. I mostly use this for watching birds at the feeder, and just having fun at 60x to see how far I can view details.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough eye relief, April 27, 2014
This review is from: Firefield 20-60 x 60 SE Spotting Scope Kit (Sports)
The scope is hard to use for someone who wears glasses. Most people use shooting glasses when using the spotting scope. The manufacturer ought to be aware of this and adjust accordingly.

Firefield 20-60 x 60 SE Spotting Scope Kit