Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Firefight at Overwatch Command (WARS: The Battle of Phobos - Mavericks, Part 1 of 3)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on December 29, 2011
Firefight at the Overwatch Command is hilarious, fast paced, and witty, with plenty of action. Jim Perry has written the closest thing we're ever going to get to a real "Firefly" novel, with his Hero Jack Wilgress channeling quite a bit of Malcolm Reynolds, but ending up quite a different person. That's the thing; Perry's characters may initially seem to fall into stereotypes from genres, be it space-westerns, capers, or military-scifi, but they surprise you constantly by proving to be more than that.

A real joy.
on May 27, 2011
I've been a big fan of Jim Perry's podcasts and audio dramas for a while now and this is his first published novella that I've read. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and have read it a number of times. Jack Wilgress, the main character, is a mix of Han Solo, Wyatt Earp and Jack Sparrow. This book fleshes out the character from the WARS TCG and creates an interesting and colourful backstory for the hero. I'm really looking forward to parts 2 and 3 and finding out more about Wilgress and how he becomes the cyborg that we see in the TCG.

I highly recommend this novella to fans of WARS and sci fi / fantasy adventure.
on December 6, 2011
I must say, I do not read Sci-Fi books....But I'm glad I did, and look forward to the next book.
on May 26, 2011
I started the book I could not put it down an am eagerly awaiting the second part of the story
on March 26, 2014
this was a fantastic read leaving me with wanting more. cant wait to see what happens next in jacks life.