4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Game
Published 23 months ago by Whedon

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad
this game is pretty fun, the price is right for what you get. I do have a few problems with it though. Every time I go to the map editor to make my own siege the game crashes and the level difficulty jumps way too high all of a sudden on one of the siege levels. other than these issues it's a pretty good deal for $6 or $7
Published 15 months ago by James Prescott

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Game, March 28, 2013
This review is from: Stronghold HD [Download] (Software Download)
Having never played the original pre-HD version, I have nothing to offer regarding how it translates to HD. I was surprised, honestly, by how much I'm enjoying this satisfying RTS. Most RTS's don't stack up to my personal favorite, Age of Mythology, and while this also falls short of that (really, everything does), it has kept me playing and engaged for many hours so far. The game tutorial was more than adequate to teach me the ropes. The campaigns can be challenging and I've had to attempt some of the military campaigns 3 or 4 times to learn from and correct my mistakes in order to advance to the next scenario. There seems to be plenty of content for the price, as I have yet to even begin the economic campaign. (I have not tried this on Windows 8 but runs well on Windows 7).

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolute Classic, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Stronghold HD [Download] (Software Download)
Wow, this game is just an absolute masterpiece. Its gameplay is seemingly simple, yet truly is dynamic and will keep you interested for ages. This can be picked up by anyone and within 30 minutes they'll understand everything about the game.

I find Stronghold to be one of the most relaxing games out there to play. Building your castle, improving your economy, and making an army are all essential to success, yet nothing seems too pressing as seen with other games. I've never thought much of a soundtrack in any video game, but this is an exception. The medieval soundtrack really helps to make it a truly tranquil experience, and puts you right back in the middle ages.

Although not on par to today's standards in regard to graphics, I still feel that there is an element of beauty to the scenery. Green grass, waterfalls, wildlife, and of course a magnificent castle are all something to marvel at. It's just really fun, and great if you have some time to kick back. Only caveat I can think to say is to make sure to be aware of the time. There's been a few instances where I thought I'd just get a quick session in, but when I exit the game I'm shocked to learn that hours have flown by.

With a price of $6, you can't go wrong. Stronghold has a lot to offer, and should keep you entertained for hours on end.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this game!, June 1, 2013
This review is from: Stronghold HD [Download] (Software Download)
I have played this game for a week now and have to give it 5 stars. This is a game that
you can completely get lost in. For $5.99 this was a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the original, and this made it even better!, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Stronghold HD [Download] (Software Download)
Stronghold was the game that introduced me to RTS. It opened Warcraft 1, 2, and 3 to my eyes, plus things like Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, the Civilization games and many more.

I owe my RTS love to this game. Now in HD, it's even better. I lost my original game and downloaded this expecting greatness. I got something even better in return. If you like RTS that isn't just about battle, this game is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Game. Right price, September 15, 2013
This review is from: Stronghold HD [Download] (Software Download)
It was just as I remembered it being when I was 10. Great purchase for the price. I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Stronghold HD [Download] (Software Download)
Classic game for all ages, Jd improves graphics and clarity. Game plan is same as the original game realased in 2001 great rts that emprove motor skills

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, November 13, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, April 27, 2013
This review is from: Stronghold HD [Download] (Software Download)
great price for an older game still tons of fun to play and i love the free play it is a great waste of time

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite games!, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Stronghold HD [Download] (Software Download)
I played this game as a young girl and I missed playing it. I was happy I was able to easily find it. It's just as awesome as I remember it to be!

5.0 out of 5 stars Old school RTS at it's best, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Stronghold HD [Download] (Software Download)
HD graphics for a really fun game. It's just the classic Stronghold but prettier.
A lot of bang for your buck! Recommended.

Stronghold HD [Download]