Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS Truck Month

on March 28, 2013
Having never played the original pre-HD version, I have nothing to offer regarding how it translates to HD. I was surprised, honestly, by how much I'm enjoying this satisfying RTS. Most RTS's don't stack up to my personal favorite, Age of Mythology, and while this also falls short of that (really, everything does), it has kept me playing and engaged for many hours so far. The game tutorial was more than adequate to teach me the ropes. The campaigns can be challenging and I've had to attempt some of the military campaigns 3 or 4 times to learn from and correct my mistakes in order to advance to the next scenario. There seems to be plenty of content for the price, as I have yet to even begin the economic campaign. (I have not tried this on Windows 8 but runs well on Windows 7).
on February 19, 2014
Wow, this game is just an absolute masterpiece. Its gameplay is seemingly simple, yet truly is dynamic and will keep you interested for ages. This can be picked up by anyone and within 30 minutes they'll understand everything about the game.

I find Stronghold to be one of the most relaxing games out there to play. Building your castle, improving your economy, and making an army are all essential to success, yet nothing seems too pressing as seen with other games. I've never thought much of a soundtrack in any video game, but this is an exception. The medieval soundtrack really helps to make it a truly tranquil experience, and puts you right back in the middle ages.

Although not on par to today's standards in regard to graphics, I still feel that there is an element of beauty to the scenery. Green grass, waterfalls, wildlife, and of course a magnificent castle are all something to marvel at. It's just really fun, and great if you have some time to kick back. Only caveat I can think to say is to make sure to be aware of the time. There's been a few instances where I thought I'd just get a quick session in, but when I exit the game I'm shocked to learn that hours have flown by.

With a price of $6, you can't go wrong. Stronghold has a lot to offer, and should keep you entertained for hours on end.
on September 27, 2015
I LOVE this game! I don't usually like to play these kinds of games (my go-to game is The Sims 3), but I tried it many years ago and loved it. I finally bought it again and am playing it whenever I can! My husband and kids love this one too. You can play in combat mode where you invade other kingdoms, or you can play economic mode where you build up your kingdom and keep your people happy (be careful - if your a bad King, your subjects will leave you). You can also create your own landscape however you want and then play with it in either of those modes. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone!
on January 26, 2014
This is a classic strategy game, with elements of an RTS and a city simulator all in one. The music is engrossing, the graphics stand the test of time (especially in this HD edition), and the scenarios are difficult but not impossible. The economic campaign is particularly engrossing, and few of the military maps are "zerg" style rushes. The AI can occasionally get confused, and you can use this to your advantage, but there is enough right with this to earn it 5 stars and some high replay value.
on June 1, 2013
I have played this game for a week now and have to give it 5 stars. This is a game that
you can completely get lost in. For $5.99 this was a bargain.
on February 8, 2014
Stronghold was the game that introduced me to RTS. It opened Warcraft 1, 2, and 3 to my eyes, plus things like Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, the Civilization games and many more.

I owe my RTS love to this game. Now in HD, it's even better. I lost my original game and downloaded this expecting greatness. I got something even better in return. If you like RTS that isn't just about battle, this game is for you.
on February 4, 2014
Over all it's a pretty good RTS game. I got it because it was fairly inexpensive and I was about to do some traveling. The game itself is good. There are some interesting unit types. It builds up as you go and eventually becomes fairly challenging. One thing I did hate though was some of the character voices. The Pig especially was hard to listen to. The story was ok, but that's rarely a concern of mine. Overall, pretty good, especially for the price.
on April 23, 2013
For some reason this game didn't catch my attention as much as Stronghold Crusader did. Maybe my standards for graphics are subconsciously higher now, but I seem to remember Stronghold Crusader being much more fun.
on December 7, 2014
My childhood game... I kept trying to remember what it was called until I finally stumbled across it. I have spent countless hours as a kid playing this and it is exactly as how I remember!!! Thank you for letting me re-live my childhood.
on November 13, 2013
this game is pretty fun, the price is right for what you get. I do have a few problems with it though. Every time I go to the map editor to make my own siege the game crashes and the level difficulty jumps way too high all of a sudden on one of the siege levels. other than these issues it's a pretty good deal for $6 or $7