Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fireplace: Holiday [Blu-ray]
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on December 8, 2010
This Fireplace video is great. The purpose of a Fireplace video is to replicate an actual fireplace, and this video performs an excellent job of this function. You start the video, and the screen starts with a fire that is in its early stage, but well developed. The fire then progresses over time to a more mature fire that grows somewhat larger, but stays in good proportion to the fireplace. The camera angle is directly in front of the fireplace and never moves, just like a real fireplace. The fireplace fills the entire screen, so there is not any distracting wall color or decor from the video to interfer with your room decor. You have a choice of two sound tracks: the normal popping and crackling sounds of a fireplace, or the popping and crackling WITH generic Christmas music, so the video can be used year round. The video quality is wonderful, just as a Blu-Ray disc should be. This product defintely deserves 5 stars.
0Comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2013
For:
DVD Release Date: October 26, 2010

Towards the end of the loop, I was so pleased with the fireplace video that I smiled and said to myself - "Finally, I have the perfect fireplace video."

But no such luck.

Much to my disappointment - in the lower right hand corner up popped an extremely annoying "fireplaceforyourhome copyright" in bright white font that stayed on screen for quite a while before the loop started over again.

This "fireplaceforyourhome copyright" absolutely wrecked the total viewing experience.

I would have given this fireplace blu-ray 5 stars had it not been for the irritating "fireplaceforyourhome copyright".
1010 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2011
Pros:

Pretty much what I wanted. A fireplace with some music.
You can play with our without the holiday music to enjoy all winter long.
Music selection is pretty awesome.
Pretty relaxing, especially if you're reading.

Cons:

The fire starts out a little small and underwhelming but it within 5 minutes gets better.
Graphics aren't amazing, like it was upscaled or only in 720.
Near the end, the DVD adds a little advertisement for their website for like 5 minutes. Kind of kills the mood a little.

Overall, I like it.
on November 7, 2013
Edit: I had to downgrade my previous review to 3 stars!

This DVD is nice! It plays in a loop, and can be played with or without Christmas music. I like that it crackles! It goes great with the tree and makes our small apartment very festive.

Two things that I don't like about this DVD that keep me from giving it at 5:

1. The top of the flames DO get cut off whether the tv is in normal, full, zoom, cinema, etc. mode. Even when the fire doesn't take up the entire screen (black box around it in normal mode), there are still no flame tops. It doesn't completely ruin the experience, though.

2. This DVD will not play on my HP PC laptop which I frequently connect via HDMI to the television, nor it is recognized in my MacBook. The disc just spins and spins and is not recognized at all as being inserted. This is a bit of a bummer, but, it plays nicely in an old Sony PS2! Go figure... :)

The one thing that I absolutely hate about this DVD:

The ending, before it loops, is terrible. During the last song just as the fire is burning out, in bright white letters at the bottom right hand corner of the screen, pops up "fireplaceforyourhome.com(R)." This really ruins the burning out portion of the fire/the ending of the DVD. It's very tacky! A separate credit screen under the menu would have made more sense...or at least put the blatant advertisement in after the screen blacks out before it loops back to the beginning.
on November 12, 2013
After reading the reviews it sounded perfect - *exactly* what I wanted.

THEN I see that they have their copyright notice across the screen towards the end of the video... 5 minutes out of a 60 minute show... 1/12 of the DVD is a commercial. I do NOT want to advertise for them, or be advertised to, after I already PAID for the disc. The PURPOSE of this disc is to create an illusion of a fireplace, and putting up a copyright notice / web address RUINS that illusion and turns it back into a TV. It is almost insulting that this vendor would do that.

So if you like to watch commercials, go and buy this DVD.
on July 23, 2013
This is the best fireplace DVD I've come across. You can play the fireplace by itself or with the holiday music so it can be used year round. At first I was disappointed to see that the videos last a maximum of 45 minutes. But the video will continue to automatically loop without interruption so I don't have to keep stopping to replay it. The holiday portion would be perfect to play during holiday dinners/parties/decorating/present opening. Music is instrumental and lovely. The camera is focused directly on the fire and does not move the entire time, creating a more realistic feel. I could not be happier with my purchase!
on November 14, 2013
This fills the screen so perfectly. And the Blu-ray HD makes it even more spectacular. you get the choice to just use the crackling or fire and music. The fire burns until all the wood is burned. This is fantastic!
on December 19, 2011
I purchased several Blu-ray dvds and this is one of the best fire videos out there. The music is a holiday theme and enjoyable. I would have given it 5 stars if I didn't think another product was better. The HD Moods: Fire is better... in my opinion. The fire is more appealing and enjoyable. The music on the HD Mood is more of a yoga soothing synthetic type. So, if you are looking for holiday music with your fire, go with the Holiday Edition #4. If you want the best fire, go with the HD Moods.
on November 19, 2010
We bought this DVD and absolutely love it. the clarity and sound are excellent. We even use it in place of our fireplace during parties because its gets so warm with the fir going and lots of people in the room.
on April 16, 2012
This was great! We used it for Christmas, with just the sounds of the natural fire.

CONS:
It's kinda zoomed in too much, you don't see much fireplace
You see the man's hands/arms adjusting the fire & adding new logs

PROS:
It's a long video
The sounds of the crackling fire are very authentic and clear sounding
It's cheap