The ultimate external hard drive backed by the ultimate safety net
ioSafe Solo + Data Recovery Service (DRS)
Like an aircraft black box for your data, the ioSafe Solo and Data Recovery Service together offer you an unparalleled level of data protection. Combining advanced technology and elegant design, the rugged ioSafe Solo delivers an unmatched level of fire and water protection for your digital life at a price everyone can afford. And if the unfortunate happens, the ioSafe Data Recovery Service is there to help restore your disaster exposed data and hardware – no matter the circumstance.
Families, businesses, and enterprises alike turn to the ioSafe Solo and Data Recovery Service for the added peace of mind of knowing their digital lives – their memories, media, portfolios, data, and records – are are protected by the by the ultimate external hard drive and ultimate safety net. The ioSafe Solo protects the memories, media and data you can’t afford to lose, at a price you can afford to pay. How valuable is your digital life?
ioSafe Data Recovery Service (DRS)
Every ioSafe hard drive comes with a three-year limited warranty and one-year of complimentary one time use data and hardware recovery support.
Extend your coverage to three or five years from your hardware product’s original purchase date with the ioSafe Data Recovery Service. You get direct, single point of contact access to ioSafe’s telephone and email recovery support for questions about ioSafe hardware and data recovery. And you get global repair coverage for your ioSafe through convenient service options.
Extend your coverage to three years of service and expert data and hardware recovery support
Or, extend your coverage to five years of service and expert data and hardware recovery support
One point of contact service and support
Because efficiency of communication is vital during a crisis, the ioSafe Data Recovery Service gives you one-stop service and support and a personally assigned Recovery Team Leader who will guide you through the entire recovery process.
- Direct access to ioSafe’s experts – one point of contact
- Global, mail-in repair coverage with free shipping
- One time use, no questions asked, data recovery service
- Free replacement of hardware pre-loaded with recovered data
- Up to $1000 for forensic data recovery
Forensic Data Recovery - Two is better than one
ioSafe’s Recovery experts are able to fully recover the vast majority of disaster exposed drives, but if ioSafe is not able to recover your data in-house, ioSafe will team up with the experts at DriveSavers to help recover your data. The ioSafe Data Recovery Service provides up to $1000 towards extreme recovery efforts.
Any Loss. Any Reason. No Questions Asked.
The ioSafe Data Recovery Service provides a one time use, no questions asked data and hardware recovery service. For any loss, no matter the reason. Whether you’re a victim of a natural disaster or your child throws your drive in the family swimming pool - we’ve got you covered.
Need a few examples? We’ve got that covered too
- Fire damage
- Flood damage
- Accidental damage
- Human error
- Disk failure
- External enclosure failure
- Accidental deletion
- Power failures
- Soda / Juice / Mayple Syrup accident
- Anything you can think of...
The ioSafe Data Recovery Service can be purchased or extended only when your ioSafe hardware is still covered under the original data and hardware recovery support plan. See ioSafe Data Recovery Service Terms and Conditions for complete product details.
Like other ioSafe products, the Solo uses ioSafe patented technology including:
DataCast™ endothermic fire insulation technology protects your data from extreme heat. The DataCast formulation forms a chemical bond with water molecules that, at temperatures above 160°F, releases water vapor to limit the internal temperature of the unit during a fire.
HydroSafe™ water barrier technology is designed to protect data loss from fresh or salt water damage, including full immersion. While keeping your data dry, the HydroSafe technology still allows the needed heat dissipation required by all computer hardware during normal operation.
FloSafe™ active airflow cooling technology provides cooling airflow through the enclosure and across the disk drives during normal operating conditions. If destructive heat levels are sensed, such as in a fire, the FloSafe vents limit and protect your data from the extreme heat.
- World's most affordable high capacity fireproof and waterproof hard drive
- Fireproof: 1550 F, 1/2 hr per ASTM E119
- Waterproof: Full immersion, 10 ft. 3 days, fresh or salt water
- 2 TB storage capacity
- USB 2.0 interface
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Single disk, 2 TB storage capacity
- Quiet forced air cooling
- Multi-platform compatibility: Windows and Mac
- Up to 2 TB storage capacity available
- USB 2.0, up to 480Mb/s, 7200 RPM
Disaster & Security Specifications
- Fire protection: 1550F, 30 minutes per ASTM E119
- Flood / submersion protection: to 10 feet water depth, 3 days.
- Tested per UL, FCC and CE Standards
- Proven data protection and recovery. Tested to ASTM E119 standards for fire exposure.
- Physical theft protection: Cable lock or floor Mount capable
- 1 Year Data Recovery Service (1, 3, and 5 year plans available)
- 3 Year standard manufacturer's warranty for defects
Inside The Box
- ioSafe Solo USB External Hard Drive
- USB 2.0 Cable
- Power Supply
- Owners Manual and Warranty
- Electrical - AC input
- Voltage: 80 ~ 264 VAC at 50/60 HZ
- Typical Power Consumption: < 25W
- Intel Pentium II 350 MHz-compatible or Mac G3 processor & greater
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 or Mac OS 8.6 & greater
- USB 2.0 equipped system
- For USB 2.0 speeds, the system must support USB 2.0 specifications
- Operating: 0-35° C (95°F)
- Non-operating: 0-1550°F, 1/2 hr per ASTM E119
- Operating Humidity: 20% - 80% (non-condensing)
- Non-operating Humidity: 100%, Full water immersion, 10 feet, 3 days.
- Size: 5.0"W x 7.1"H x 11.0"L
- Weight: 15 lbs
What’s in the Box
ioSafe Solo USB External Hard Drive, USB 2.0 cable, Power Supply, Owners Manual and Warranty