Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: Large Jar|Change

on October 14, 2006
Reading the review above is not exactly going to give an accurate picture of this awesome candle. First, as with most candles, the wick needs to be trimmed to a length somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4 of an inch. I usually keep it trimmed to about 1/4 and have never experienced a smoking problem, nor a high flame problem. Not sure about the wax sloshing issue -- I don't make a habit of picking up lighted candles.

This candle (not this particular scent, however) was a gift from a friend, and is absolutely our new favorite kind of candle. The scents are strong enough to fill up about 1600 sq. feet, but not so strong that it seems overpowering. The wood wick truly does crackle as if you have a small fire going, so it's great for people that live in a part of the country where it just won't get cold enough to have a fire in the fireplace.

I **highly** recommend this candle. I'm giving one to everyone I know for Christmas this year.
33 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2013
Avid buyer of Yankee Candles until my wife and I found this Fireside scented Wood Wick candle. Amazingly wonderful fragrance! The wood wick crackles as it burns and adds to the candles ambiance. We have had no issues with smoke, or any other issues. Highly recommend this product.
on January 11, 2007
This is the coolest candle I've ever seen. It really does smell like a fireplace. After I've used it, left the house and come back, it still has a little smell as though we really do have a fireplace. The wood wick is really cool because it makes the flame wider, and it really does crackle like a fire (but it's not super loud so it won't be annoying). This candle would make a great gift for a guy to!
on August 21, 2014
Bought this as a gift for my wife. Fragrance is nice (wife says it smells "manly") The crackling wick is not as loud as I thought it would be, but then again, there usually are two small children thundering around like a herd of wildebeests during that one scene in The Lion King, so that could be the issue.
on May 19, 2015
This is tough for me to say but I may need to swap out my Yankee Candles for these Woodwick ones. Remember how Yankees used to make your whole house smell good? Well, they have lost some of that effect over the years. Woodwick, however, does throw scent throughout the house! This particular scent is awesome. Hope the company expands its line is scents.
on March 27, 2015
It's an okay ambience candle but there's virtually no smell and no sound and it's burning down quickly. The wick crackles on occasion and when it does, it's charming, but this is simply not the candle I was hoping for. I won't buy it again. Wish I could return because it wasn't cheap. Will give another brand a try next time.
on November 29, 2012
I have a gas fireplace but I'd prefer a wood burner. I missed the smell, and then found this candle. Read the reviews, and assumed this would smell at least something like a fire. It smells more like fancy soap than a fire. Which is fine if you like fancy soap, and who doesn't like fancy soap, but I wanted the smell of burning wood. I almost feel like I received the wrong candle, but sure enough it says Fireside on the front. I'm definitely beside a fire as it burns, because the wood wick burns fast, and indeed pops and crackles, but nothing like a real fire, either. They should rename this the Crackling Fancy Soap Candle.
on September 5, 2007
I think this is my favorite all around scent - - Next to the Cinnamon Chai
I love the woodwick candles! The Cinnamon Chai is a very warm homey scent. Along with the crackle of the wood wick, it is very soothing and enjoyable. It burnt all the way to the sides and didn't smoke. Perfect!
on January 24, 2015
These are kind of expensive, but make a nice gift. Tied a ribbon around this one and gave to an old friend for xmas. He's one of those guys who doesn't like non-practical gifts- would prefer to get socks and pocket knives and paracord and beef jerky. Not silly stuff. You know the type. But the nice look of it and the crackling wood wick made this gift pretty well-received.
on February 21, 2016
The crackle is wonderful and we really enjoy it. It's very hard to smell any wood scent and my husband sneezed a fair amount while it was burning and into the next day. Uncertain if the candle caused that. We will probably try using it once more to find out.