5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Southern Rock - awesome album guys!, May 2, 2011
This review is from: Firewater (MP3 Music)
I stumbled across this on Amazon's Top 13 of new releases (Country) and listened to a few of the samples.

If you ever got into any southern rock, I would highly recommend this album. You will not be disappointed!

Some of my favorite tracks are: "Guitar Picker", "Bar, Guitar And A Honky Tonk Crowd", "How Far", "Calm Before The Storm", and "Different Mold"; IMO, there's not a bad track on the album. The production and arrangment is great.

Each time I listen to it, it just keep getting better.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!, June 28, 2012
This review is from: Firewater (Audio CD)
I had never heard of this band. I found this through Amazon's "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" link and I am so glad I did! I love almost every song on the album. I would love to see these guys live!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album!, August 30, 2011
This review is from: Firewater (MP3 Music)
"Firewater" has FIVE fantastically good songs. That doesn't happen much. Thank you, Pandora, for introducing me to Whiskey Myers.
They're true Southern rockers and they can blow the roof off. Yet my favorite song on the album is a model of delicacy and careful timing: the incredibly sad "Broken Window Serenade."

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad there still is music this good., January 4, 2013
This review is from: Firewater (Audio CD)
It's unreal how great this album is! The songs are written very,very good. The guitar will blow you away. You will be sad the songs are done. You don't want the song to end. In a world of so much crappy music, this album is simply awesome. I seen these guys 12/29/12 in La Grange, Tx at a small venue. These guys brought the place down.i If you get a chance to see in person you will not be disappointed at all. Run, drive, buy online, whatever it takes get this album! The song Different Mold is so awesome. It has to be one of the best tracks ever laid down! You cannot turn this song loud enough. You will blow your speakers trying too. This song is 5:21 of pure mind blowing awesomeness. All the reviews don't do justice of how great this album is. It's pure genius! Again do not hesitate one second, get this album! OK UPDATE. I have had this album for over a year now. It is just as good now as then. it stays in my cd player. You will not stop listening to it. Just that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Country it a'int!, June 12, 2012
This review is from: Firewater (Audio CD)
I listen to all types of music ,I mean all types. I'm an old rocker thats enjoys good country as well ,and that is where I first heard Whiskey Myers, on a local country station. These guys are "Rockers" a liitle Allman Bros. with some Skynard and themselves ,nice rythums ,smoking guitar work, one of the best albums I have purchased in years. Very satisfied!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Surprise, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Firewater (Audio CD)
With homage to that great southern rock band from Florida named Lynyrd Skynyrd, Whiskey Myers taps into that fine line between country and rock where Southern Rock lives. This was a surprisingly excellent find for me. Instead of shredding a guitar to sound bad, they make every note mean something. As a guitarist who can appreciate a meaningful lick, that means something. The lyrics on top are well thought out with well laid down. If you are a fan of the "Freebird" band, you can hear the influence but they keep it new and fresh. I was impressed. They remind me of the Drive-by Truckers without the overload on depression and darkness. An excellent surprise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Firewater (Audio CD)
I saw these guys open for Eric Church at Joe's Bar in Chicago several years ago. There first CD was awesome and this one is even better. I hope they stay together and keep jamming, they are a great find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Southern Rock Out, October 14, 2011
This review is from: Firewater (MP3 Music)
There is no better or fresher southern rock band on the scene. They followed up their last effort with another classic. Keep up the good work representing east Texas fellas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love this!!!!!, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Firewater (Audio CD)
If you can wear a cd out, then this will be the one. I can't get enough of this group.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good "under the radar" band, June 24, 2013
This review is from: Firewater (MP3 Music)
Downloaded this on a whim, had no idea who they were or what to expect but after a few listens I was a fan. I enjoy finding bands off the beaten path without the mainstream fan base....Whiskey Myers meets that criteria for me.

Firewater
Firewater by Whiskey Myers (Audio CD - 2011)
Rate and Discover Movies