Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SANOXY® Firewire DV Cable Camcorder For Canon Sony Sharp JVC
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

VINE VOICEon February 28, 2008
I was annoyed to find that the equipment that came with my new camcorder did not include a cable to connect the camera to my computer. The USB cable that the manufacturer supplied was useless; I could find no software to recognize the connection. I tried locating this cable at a couple of stores in the area, then ordered this.

Well, it works great! It fits the camera, something that "standard" firewire cables don't do. Adobe Premier recognized the connection as soon as I plugged it in and downloaded video for editing.

Now for the hard part: Reducing 2 hours of HD video to something viewable.
33 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2008
My JVC camcorder would absolutely not "talk" to my computer before acquiring this firewire. The product was unbelievably inexpensive, came quickly, and was exactly and precisely what was needed. What's not to love!
on September 23, 2008
I couldn't of been happier with this cable. The one I received was nicer than the one shown, it was exactly what I needed and at a greatly reduced price. I looked all over town and could find one even went to the JVC online store not there. This is the best can't beat the price. Don't understand why they don't include this cable with the camera but on well. I recommend you don't look further get it now.
on March 4, 2013
This cable does exactly what I need it to do. However, this is old technology. I have an old DV video camera that was bought around 2002. I lost the original cable but still needed the best way to transfer the footage from the miniDV tapes to my MacBook Pro. I looked at the connections in the picture and made sure that both my camera and MacBook Pro had these connections. Most newer computers do not have these connections you may have to find a card or a converter in order to connect your old DV camcorder to your computer.
on May 19, 2010
This cable is well built and works great. Don't listen to the bad reviews that say it doesn't work. For hooking up a 6 pin (computer) to 4 pin (camcorder) IEE1394, it works, period. Shipping was speedy. 5 stars.
on October 20, 2009
What can I say? It's a wire! But it is also a lifesaver for me, now I can transfer my camcorder video's to my desktop and laptop computers. No more little tapes lying around my office, and no knowledge of what's on them! Now I transfer, then make a DVD of my personal camcorder movies and watch them on my flat screen. This DV cable is plug and play and could not be easier to use!
on June 25, 2009
The cable worked as predicted giving fast and clear video transfer from my Sony Camcoder. Even on Vista, it worked to transfer my family treasures to the PC where my DVD Burner completed the upgrade. My 1TB hard drive serves as a backup to the DVDs created. All is good!

It's like I woke up from a video transfer nightmare.

God Bless!
on May 19, 2012
I'm still using a mini dv camera and this is exactly what I needed to capture the video onto my computer for editing and saving. I still can't get over the price since these are not as easy to find as they were a few years ago. good quality and works perfectly.
on March 19, 2011
I purchased this cord with USB adapter to transfer tapes from my video camera to my computer. When I purchased the camera I was specific about the ability to transfer video to my computer; the instructions in the JVC booklet were there in black and white by purchasing this specific cord (The Product).

The Product:

Was exactly the piece specified by JVC;
Was very fairly priced;
Was sent in a timely fashion;
And, the vendor had excellent communication.

The cord worked. My computer could see the equipment, but not identify it. So I contacted JVC to identify any drivers or software to assist in this. The JVC customer "service" person had no idea what to do other than buy the cord that they sold.

Bottom line: I will buy from this vendor again, but JVC dropped off my buy list.
on October 16, 2013
I had a video project but the cable from the camera to my Mac was incompatible. I checked the local Best Buy and Radio Shack and found the prices to be outrageous! I went to amazon and purchased this from a participating vendor for less than $3! Plus it came with free shipping!! The deal of the day! The project is done and I saved $20!