5.0 out of 5 stars love it
This is a oversized board book for babies and toddlers. IT features photos and words of 100 every day objects. The objects are in sections on each pages. Some of the topics are food, outside, toys and things that go!

Published on November 11, 2005 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but not great for learning words
Published on October 11, 2009 by Ahhling

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, November 11, 2005

The book is full of bold and bright eye catching photos. The book is also made of sturdy cardboard pages making in a great choice for toddlers.

Yes This book can be used with babies and toddlers and will really hold their attention and build their vocabulary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Word book is great, January 20, 2006
Building vocabulary is a first priority for age one-to-two and this book will help. Bright colors, clear photos, easy to read labels (Babies CAN read--see Glenn Doman's work), with concept clusters on each page (things that go, colors, bathtime, bedtime, mealtime, food, myself, hom, outside, clothes, toys, pets, farm animals, wild animals). Slobberproof pages will stand up to almost anything. The size of pages (11x11) will make it easy to stand the book up in crib or on changing table. A great birthday gift for your favorite ONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book - baby loves reading and learning from it, August 31, 2006
i highly recommend this book. my 14-month-old loves this book. baby reaches for it and we read it together nearly every day. doing this is helping baby to learn words like "flower" and "chicken" and "shoes" -- so many useful words. it's also helpful to "cross-reference" a photo in this book with drawing from another book; much easier for us to be clear what an elephant is when we're looking at a photograph, and fun to see that baby recognizes both! the pages are easy to turn, the photos are clear and the categories make sense. we love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but not great for learning words, October 11, 2009
We have found this book useful for our daughter (we got it when she was about 12 mos and she is not 16 mos) in terms of just having something big with clear pictures that she can look at. But I would say for learning words, it is not that great because many of the photos are not clear what they are. They could be multiple things so it's not clear to her what she should be focused on. I don't even try too hard to force her to learn the words through this because some of the photos frankly don't make that great sense vs how this could have been executed. Nice as a picture book but wouldn't say it's a great vocabulary trainer.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT TEACHING TOOL! Far surpasses "My Little Word Book", June 29, 2006
This is a GREAT learning tool for your toddler and is really fun to look at together.

I first came across these books after reading reviews on Amazon. I really wanted to get my son "My Big Word Book" but after reading that it was spiral-bound and that many reviewers had to tape it up several times, I decided against it. I think it is really just a compilation of all of the smaller books anyways.

I went to Wal-Mart and purchased "My Little Word Book", which is a smaller version and is a board book. It features 300 pictures that are labeled. I really like it, but it has many flaws. Those flaws were corrected in this new Bright Baby book.

Just tonight I went to Target to look for some puzzles and ended up in the book section. As with most toddlers, my son was reaching and grabbing for the shelves. He recognized this book because some of the pictures are the same on the front cover as ours we already had. I picked it up and flipped through it and he wouldn't let me put it back!

I'm a little disappointed that this book only has 100 words, but that's probably a good thing. I really think that for a child under two, trying to show them 300 words is impossible with their attention spans. This book covers the basics of what they need to know, and once they learn these words, they will be ready for bigger books.

This book is very colorful and has clear, simple images that are labeled to help build your child's vocabulary. The pictures are really eye-catching and are each on a colored background. The print underneath the pictures is big and bold.

Now that we have this one, I think I'm going to get rid of the other one or just use it for the parts that the Bright Baby book doesn't include. This book is so much better if you're trying to use it for learning. For example, in "My Little Word Book" there is a picture of a baby in a highchair eating from the tray up and it is labeled "highchair". I always wondered why they didn't leave the baby out of it (it could be confusing) and take the full shot of the highchair. Well, in their new series, Bright Baby, and in this particular book, they did! There are many other pictures that were "corrected" in this one.

The bottom line is--this is the best picture book I have seen for learning new words. Clear images and straight to the point. Highly recommend this one!

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected, October 17, 2014
P (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First 100 Words (Board book)
Some of the reviews for this product seem to be discussing an earlier edition.
I saw mentioned that it is 'oversized' and someone mentioned the dimensions as being 11"x11"
In actual fact it's small, like a pocket book (6" x 5" and a bit under an inch thick) - I was surprised by how small.
The images are bold, but the photos are occasionally a bit cheap stock photo style.
The cover has a squashy padding inside (which is the reason for the material warning, since the foam contains a fire retardant)
Overall it's ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, June 6, 2012
This review is from: First 100 Words (Board book)
This book is adorable. It is a small padded board book that is an ideal size for my one yr old. The pictures are bright and vivid. Would definitely buy again as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 16 month old, July 14, 2012
This review is from: First 100 Words (Board book)
The book is a perfect size for small hands and is very durable. My daughter takes this everywhere we go, she loves the vibrant pictures!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Put it Down!, January 30, 2007
My daughter received this as a gift for her first birthday. She is now almost 18 months old. And it is consistently read/looked at every day (no exaggeration). As a matter of fact, early on, we used it to teach her names of various objects and now she gets them right about 95% of the time. She LOVES IT!!! I highly recommend it for all children!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this! Its the perfect book, June 2, 2012
This review is from: First 100 Words (Board book)
I really like this book..very nice, strong material that will last even with baby using it..
like the book, colors and price..

First 100 Words
First 100 Words by Roger Priddy (Board book - May 10, 2011)
$5.99 $3.62
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.