5.0 out of 5 stars GET IT: MONEY WELL SPENT & AN EXCELLENT BOOK
Published on March 28, 2008 by K. Ham

2.0 out of 5 stars too overwhelming for infants and toddlers
i was looking for a book with big pictures on each page. in this book each page is very busy with way too many pictures for each alphabet. too overwhelming for little kids. not really my kind of book
Published on August 31, 2007 by Sapana Dixit

5.0 out of 5 stars GET IT: MONEY WELL SPENT & AN EXCELLENT BOOK, March 28, 2008
K. Ham (Northwest Arkansas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First ABC Board Book (My 1st Board Books) (Board book)
BUY IT. Trust me. I have a library of over 200 children's books for my son, age 2. I was stunned at what an excellent item this is when we received it! He is only two but he knows his letters, so I thought the ABC board book would be a good fit for him. I had no idea! It was neat that he'd learned his letters already, but now I can ask him, "James, what letter does "airplane" start with?" and get the right answer. He knows DOZENS of these, thanks to this book!
We love a great read and that is how we enjoy one another's company much of the day. This isn't a "Mommy, read it!" book. It's an "I'll let you sit on my lap and I'll hold the book so you can build your brain while I rest book." I love a book that I DON'T have to read just as much as one I do have to read. :) My son sits calmly on my lap, picking through the pages and pointing to realistic pictures of items, while telling me what each one is called. It's excellent for vocabulary building. It helps him build confidence in his ability to "read." And it has shown him that letters(shown on the pages for the words shown that begin with them,) MEAN something.
This is one of those books that I think everyone should have. It will be part of my future baby gifts from here on out. (I like to give books because no one else does and they are the single best building block to education that I can provide to the child, as someone outside the home. Plus, they last forever compared to baby clothes!)
I really encourage you to add this item to your home library. Your child will benefit from it immensely and you will both enjoy "reading" it. ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favorite book, December 17, 2010
This review is from: My First ABC Board Book (My 1st Board Books) (Board book)
I love this book because it made learning the alphabet very fun for my daughter, for whom this book was an obsession for several months. If she saw it, she would stop whatever she was doing to look at it. By 13 months, she could tell me the names of all of the letters. The size is perfect - large enough for a baby to easily manipulate but small enough to fit in a baby's lap. The pages are very sturdy, and have held up very well. The pictures are very bright and colorful, making it very interesting for little ones.

I don't give the book 5 stars because I feel that some improvements could be made. First of all, some of the photos are a little grainy. Also, in many instances pictures of toys are used instead of the real thing - for instance, the photo of an ambulance is a toy, and for that matter, it's an old-fashioned ambulance, the likes of which I have never seen in real life. Other pictures are ambiguous - like the "ink" that is in a jar. For a small child who does not understand the concept of ink, if I show her that photo of the jar of ink, she might think that I was referring to the container. Perhaps they could replace the ink with an igloo. Igloo seems a little more straight-forward. Also, the angle from which the plate is photographed...every time my daughter sees it she says, "O". It just looks like two concentric blue circles on the page.

Overall, however, it's a very beautiful book, and despite some minor flaws, it has seen more action than any toy in our toy box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute book but almost too many pictures!, February 10, 2014
This review is from: My First ABC Board Book (My 1st Board Books) (Board book)
My toddler (23 months) currently loves books with lots of photos of objects and animals for him to learn the words for, so I thought he'd love this book since it has more than one picture for each letter of the alphabet. However, this book almost has too many pictures and is overwhelming for some kids -- the letter B has 14 pictures on a two-page spread! My son usually just looks at the first few pages, points out the objects he recognizes and says the word, then loses interest long before we reach the end. I think this book would be better if there were only 2-3 pictures per letter. (Some less common letters, like Q and Z, do only have 2-3 pictures.)

2.0 out of 5 stars too overwhelming for infants and toddlers, August 31, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars GET THIS BOOK!!, July 4, 2012
This review is from: My First ABC Board Book (My 1st Board Books) (Board book)
This book is a great teaching tool- every morning after breakfast I sit with my almost 2 year old twins and I use this book to help them learn the alphabet. I say "this is the letter A, it stands for apple, airplane," etc etc (and I point to each picture as I read it), "who can say A?" Much to my surprise, they stay engaged until the end! It's amazing. At first, I was worried it was going to be overwhelming because there are quite a few pictures on each page, but I have not found this to be a problem whatsoever. In fact, when I am done reading it, they fight over the book because they both want to flip through it themselves. I just bought another one, and I also bought the my first numbers and my first colors ones as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, May 17, 2011
Desi Dude (Bloomington, IL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First ABC Board Book (My 1st Board Books) (Board book)
My 2 year old daughter loves this. The book is of good quality. The illustrations are big and nice with good mix of colors used. Definitely this board book and the rest of them in the set are good learning tools for little ones. And they are pretty resistent to the handling of my little one, who is not terribly rough on books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014
This review is from: My First ABC Board Book (My 1st Board Books) (Board book)
My GRANDBABY LOVES HER BOOK!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Book Introducing the ABCs, June 22, 2014
Ashley (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First ABC Board Book (My 1st Board Books) (Board book)
This book is currently our hands-down favorite for playing the "Show Me..." game. My daughter loves looking at all the pictures of things that start with a certain letter and pointing to them when I ask "Show me the apple...." "Show me the helicopter...." etc. It's a fun read with your baby that teaches the ABCs and letter recognition. Good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, June 12, 2014
This review is from: My First ABC Board Book (My 1st Board Books) (Board book)
Great book. Each letter has a page or two with several illustrations of items that start with the letter. My 2 year old can look at this book for several minutes which is pretty good!

3.0 out of 5 stars good book, June 11, 2014
Good book for my baby. The picture illustrations are very helpful to him. Some of the letter do not have sufficient picture illustrations

My First ABC Board Book (My 1st Board Books)
My First ABC Board Book (My 1st Board Books) by DK Publishing (Board book - March 15, 2004)
$5.99 $5.39