5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING! Every MS1 &2 should own!
Published on January 19, 2012 by ChemMom

3.0 out of 5 stars Good companion for First Aid
Published on February 13, 2012 by Abi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING! Every MS1 &2 should own!, January 19, 2012
Being an MS2 trying to effectively study for the boards, you'll find sometimes it takes many books to explain what you are not understanding UNTIL now! I literally only need this book for anatomy,embryology,physiology,pathology and pharmacology (relevant biochem,micro etc are found where needed). The book is written wonderfully, with a conversationalist flow. If you are like me and have trouble just reading lists/bullets of information you HAVE to know, it has been easier to read full chapters of this book compared to all the lists found in First Aid then go quickly review first aid. BUT thank goodness it flows WITH first aid as well. I love the nice side notes which feature key facts or "tie ins"to other chapters or clinical correlations. It help keeps the information feeling less overwhelming while making sure you get the big picture. In fact, there is plenty extra that you can easily annotate into first aid yet not rewrite a book or make you wonder if you are filling first aid with "lower yield facts".As far as organization, I find it much clearer than first aid but it tries to mimic first aid as much as possible.I love how every major pathology has an intro, presentation,diagnosis, treatment and prognosis subheading. I have found myself looking at cases and remembering the presentation or the drug just from reading it displayed that way (vs first aid that separates anatomy,physiology,path and pharm for the same syndrome). It made my qbank review be more efficient. In fact,I really wish I had bought this book earlier and studied it as an adjunct to all my classes (once you get to organ systems)so I would recommend this for first years as well. I think the earlier the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Designed by God?, October 17, 2013
This book is enough to qwell the doubters of Intelligent Design! First and second year med students have to get this book and for those who require a quick portable library ... Get This Book ... Now!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK, February 2, 2014
This book is a MUST BUY when studying for my Step 1! I do not think that I would have been able to score a 230+ without this book. It's basically First Aid Step 1 but with paragraphs, more vibrant pictures, and tables. If you are having a hard time with First Aid Step 1 then this is the book for you.

Honestly, I could only go through First Aid Step 1 (2013) if I read it along with watching the Doctors In Training (DIT) videos. This book enabled me to cover the material without the videos.

5.0 out of 5 stars First aid organ system, November 2, 2011
This book is great .It is easy to read and it has all critical facts.I have tried different books but this is ausome for USMLE step 1.I think it is a must have .Althugh it has minimal errors but it can be corrected because it seems that it is not too many of them.Strongly recommend it to every medical student.Thanks to first aid series for another great book .

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST FOR USMLE STEP 1 STUDY!!!!, June 3, 2012
Currently studying for boards and this is a must for preparation.
I would use it conjunction with First Aid though as it is "dense" (compared to First Aid). I only wish I would have known about this during first or through 2nd year. I would highly suggest annotating this during your coursework.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good companion for First Aid, February 13, 2012
This book offers detailed explanations that the regular First Aid Step 1 book does not include. Thus, it offers more explanations/figures and is therefore helpful. I am giving this three stars instead of five since most medical school notes and texts already have these details and more. So I found this book more of a companion to the regular First Aid rather than an independent text.

5.0 out of 5 stars Organ Systems, June 26, 2012
Joey (Miami, Florida) - See all my reviews
Bought this textbook for my girlfriends brother in med school and he says it has helped him a lot in understanding the trickier concepts in class. Overall he says its a VERY well presented textbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, November 4, 2011
I just received my copy of this book last week and let me tell you this is a must have book. i love it. For all of those other Caribbean Medical School students like me who doesn't have enough time in the day to cover all the major high yield topics that's needed or isn't presented in a way where everything is bought in together.Then this book is FOR YOU AND A MUST HAVE. it makes learning all the materiel that's given to us a bit easier to learn where everything is one place you have the Pharm,Path,Physio, Anatomy, and Histo for all the major organs and it has a whole section on JUST BLOOD which is great and it has other great stuff to it also. I have been looking for a book like this for some time now!!!!!!! all Medical students should get this, it is a life saver. oh and i also got the "First Aid for the Basic Sciences, General Principles, Second Edition" together i have whole entire 2 years of medical school in my hands.... I happy the First Aid team came up with this...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, August 22, 2012
My school teaches by systems and this book is great! Plus if you combine it with the First Aid, you are good to go. I have to say that his book may not have all the little details that a main textbook may have, but it gives you the information that you need to know. Plus, it has mnemonics on the side, just as the FIrst Aid, has illustrations and pictures of the diseases. I love this book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it !, January 28, 2015
An extraordinary book that is much better than the basic first aid because it gives context to the information.
Pictures are great and the explanations are fantastic! I am studying for Step 1 right now and this book along with First Aid- General Principles is indispensable. Highly recommend it, wish I would have gotten this at the beginning of second year.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›