I bought this kit for my work desk. I'm pretty much the go-to girl for medical needs, and I don't count on the receptionist staff to keep the company's own hard first-aid kit well-stocked. This is kit is inexpensive enough that I don't mind sharing when something is needed.

Published on April 11, 2012 by TurquoiseEyes13579

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Basic Kit for the price.
I got this thing as my kit for 2-3 hiking trips. As my small crew's designated "medic" (basically the guy most comfortable with first aid, and by far the most training), I have been satisfied with this kit. While I've luckily not had to use it often in it's intended role, the few times that I have busted it out it's proved to be ideal.

It's primary focus is...
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars The only soft kit in this price range that has so much, packed so well, April 11, 2012

There are a few things of my own that I added, nothing expensive, but to round out the kit. I share what I added to help anyone out w/ setting up their "ideal" kit, because no matter how good a kit is that you buy, inevitably something is lacking. Everything I added is easily found OTC. I added a packet of Dayquil (for allergies & colds coming on), a small box of anti-diarrheal medicine, 2 Naproxen Sodium pills (pain relief), a digital thermometer, a tube of Orajel (tooth/gum/mouth pain), a packet of Pepto-Bismol chewables (gas, bloating, acid reflux, etc.), a large waterproof adhesive bandage & an Ace wrap.

This is the kit I chose to buy for my grandmother, my aunt & uncle & my best friend, as well- that is how helpful & great I think that the kit is. For very little money spent, I have piece of mind that people I love will also have a lot of important first-aid pieces (which would cost far more if bought separately) readily available to them now. You can't put a price on peace of mind, knowing that what's needed in an emergency (or even just for a minor cut or burn) is readily at hand.

Below is a complete listing of what's in this first-aid kit:

Medicine, Antiseptics
*6 - Ibuprofen tablets
*6 - Extra-strength non-aspirin tablets
*6 - Aspirin tablets
*3 - Insect sting relief pads
*6 - Antibiotic ointment packs
*14 - Alcohol cleansing pads
*15 - Antiseptic cleansing wipes (sting free)
*2 - First aid/burn cream packs
*1 - Burn relief pack

Bandages
*75 - Plastic bandages, 3/4" x 3"
*20 - Fabric bandages, 3/4" x 3"
*30 - Plastic bandages, 1" x 3"
*10 - Fabric bandages, 1" x 3"
*2 - Elbow & knee plastic bandages, 2" x 4"
*50 - Junior plastic bandages, 3/8" x 1 1/2"
*4 - Knuckle fabric bandages
*4 - Fingertip fabric bandages
*1 - Patch bandage, 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"

Dressings
*1 - Instant cold compress
*1 - Emergency blanket, 38" x 60"
*3 - Moleskin squares, 2" x 2" (blister prevention)
*3 - Butterfly wound closures
*2 - Finger splints, 6" x 3/4"
*2 - First aid tape rolls, 1/2" x 5 yd.

Injury Treatment
*1 - Trauma pad, 5" x 9"
*1 - Sterile eye pad
*6 - Gauze dressing pads, 2" x 2"
*4 - Gauze dressing pads, 3" x 3"
*2 - Gauze dressing pads, 4" x 4"
*1 - Conforming gauze roll bandage, 2"

References, Instruments
*1 - American Medical Association First Aid Guide
*1 - Thermometer, one time use
*2 - Latex-free exam quality vinyl gloves
*1 - Scissors
*1 - Tweezers, plastic
*10 - Cotton-tipped applicators, 3"
*1 - Durable clear-pocket softpack.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Basic Kit for the price., October 5, 2012

It's primary focus is on common bandages, but that's the thing you're going to use the most and I appreciate that they didn't skimp out. There's also a number of "one off" items (Cold pack, thermometer, Survival blanket, Trauma pad) that are situational in nature, but still important to have 'just in case...' It is by no means a comprehensive kit for anything outside of basic first aid, but it gives enough capability that it gives me confidence hiking this thing into the woods with two firecraft freaks who tend to find new and interesting ways to cut themselves.

Critical Analysis:

-It does provide far more bandages than you could reasonably expect to expend compared to antiseptic wipes and antibiotic ointments. I added in a tube of Neo.
-The tweezers are laughable (cheep cheep cheep plastic) and I threw them away in favor of cheep metal ones from a drug store.
-The scissors cut, but it's worth seeing if they cut well enough for you, or replacing them with something more to your taste.
-The soft case is cheep, but it works and organizes the pack well. I tend to drop the whole kit into a gallon freezer style ziplock bag for some added water resistance.
-Kit includes Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, but no antihistamine.
-Two mini rolls of 'medical' tape are not very wide at all, good for bandage tie down, but bad for any kind of 'ace' bandage like wrapping. I threw in a small roll of athletic tape to augment it.

Conclusion:
If you get this kit, expect to change out a few things, add a few things, and tailor it to what you're doing. It will give you a solid foundation to build on, and for 90% of what you need, it's got you covered fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Basic First Aid Kit to Have for Unexpected Emergencies!, September 17, 2009
David Baltazar (SAN JOSE, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First Aid Only All-purpose First Aid Kit, Soft Case, 299-Piece Kit (Health and Beauty)
This review is for; First Aid Only All-purpose First Aid Kit, Soft Case, 299-Piece Kit

I bought this first aid kit to keep in my vehicle in case of unexpected emergencies. It comes in a soft, double-zippered case that is waterproof. There are actually 298 pieces stored in the soft case which makes the complete kit 299 pieces if you count the bag as well. It contains pretty much all the basic things you might need for a basic emergency. I like the fact that it has fabric bandages in addition to plastic bandages. Be advised of the aspirin, non-aspirin tablets & Ibuprofen tablets that are included as they have a limited expiration date (the set that I have expire in less than two years). Modestly, the first aid kit also comes with a 37-page booklet on over 20 basic, first aid procedures such as CPR, treating burns, cuts, poisonous animal or insect bites and other various, medical treatments. The booklet has outlined steps for what to do for each treatment and some black & white photos.

The only things I don't like about this kit are the plastic tweezers & the one-time use thermometer which you can easily replace with better ones. I also don't like the fact that a simple bottle of eye-wash (or Visene) wasn't included, but a sterile eye pad was included. Although there is a very generous amount of items included it seems very compressed in the modest-sized bag with some clear pocket dividers making you wonder if you can spill all the items on the ground in the heated rush of a hasty, medical emergency as you dig through the kit to quickly find what you need.

Overall, I do like the soft, double-zippered case the kit comes in as I prefer the soft case compared to the larger, plastic-snap cases that I assume may break at the hinges after repeated openings & closings. The case that I have is bright orange with silver reflective strips which is an alternate color to the blue case pictured. I posted pictures above of my orange case which I think is cooler looking than the blue case. Not sure if you have a choice of color if you buy this online as I bought my kit from a local store. Despite the minor negatives I still found this first aid kit to be an excellent value for the price. Hopefully I will never have to use it, but I have a better piece of mind that I have it in case that I do.

Here's a list of the 299 pieces;

6 Ibuprofen tablets, 6 extra-strength non-aspirin tablets, 6 aspirin tablets, 3 insect sting relief pads, 6 anti-biotic ointment pads, 14 alcohol cleansing pads, 15 antiseptic cleansing wipes, 2 first aid/burn cream packs, 1 burn relief pack, 75 plastic bandages ¾" X 3", 20 fabric bandages ¾" X 3", 30 plastic bandages 1" X 3", 10 fabric bandages 1" X 3", 2 elbow & knee plastic bandages 2" X 4", 50 junior plastic bandages 3/8" X 1-1/2", 4 knuckle fabric bandages, 4 fingertip fabric bandages, 1 patch bandage 1-1/2" X 1-1/2", 1 instant cold compress, 1 emergency blanket 38" X 60", 3 moleskin squares 2" X 2" (blister prevention), 3 butterfly wound closures, 2 finger splints 6" X ¾", 2 first aid tape rolls ½" x 5 yd., 1 trauma pad, 1 sterile eye pad, 6 gauze dressing pads 2" X 2", 4 gauze dressing pads 3" X 3", 2 gauze dressing pads 4" X 4", 1 conforming gauze roll bandage 2", 1 first aid guide, 1 thermometer (one time use), 2 latex-free exam quality vinyl gloves, 1 metal scissors, 1 plastic tweezers, 10 cotton-tipped applicators and one soft-pack case with clear internal pockets.

3.0 out of 5 stars First Aid, November 30, 2007
I am satisfied with the product, but the product delivered was not the one pictured on the web-site. The one I received was in a blue case and the outer wrappings or box was crushed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite complete. A bargan at the price, April 18, 2012
After a great deal of Internet shopping, I discovered this kit must be sold under several different names and at several different price points. This was one of the least expensive.
I bought two of these to keep in the family vehicles. The soft side bag makes it very easy to cram into a small out-of-the-way spot in the passenger compartment of a car and truck. That makes it very easy to find it on the rare occasions it's needed.
It's quite complete with a nice assortment of bandage materials.
The little first aid booklet is extremely basic and may only be of use to someone without any common sense.
The emphasis is on bandages so there is a distinct lack of medications but everyone has their particular favorites and you will probably want to add some of your own anyway. I use small vinyl zip lock bags normally sold at a pharmacy and used to store a patients daily medication dosage.
Likewise, I added some scissors and forceps I bought at a swap meet. I don't expect to do brain surgery but it all fits in this lovely little kit and it will be with me all the time as I drive.

I sincerely hope you never need to use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Starter Kit - Just Add To It, May 23, 2011
I really like this kit even with its limitations. It is true that the bag is really thin but it seems to be holding up well. I like that it has a lot of items but many are just duplicates like most first aid kits. The other thing is that there are so many items and it is simply 2 sided with a few open pockets so items seem to almost spill out if your not careful. I separated the items with small zip lock bags now they all have a place and seem to stay there.

I've taken some of the duplicates out and added some needed missing items. I won't go over what is in the kit as that has already been done but will tell you what I added - better gloves, a digital thermometer, 2 heat pads, motion sickness pills, Benedyrl, salt tablets, 3 light weight face masks, metal tweezers, sun screen, bug off, after bite stick, anti-diarreal tablets, tums, burn jell and conforming gauze.

Needless to say, my pack is very full but I did take out some duplicates and can use those as a replenishing supply. We go out camping a lot so I had the extra items handy and just added them to the kit. I haven't found a kit for under $100 that would have all of these items including what I added.

So, this is a good kit to start with esp. at this price and you can add what other items you need just like any good kit. I recommend it but admit it has limitations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great value. Don't know if I would purchase again, June 2, 2012
This kit does seem to offer a lot of items for a reasonable price. That said I was disappointed in the quality especially of the case, scissors, and tweezers. These are the items I would have liked to keep while upgrading or replacing the expendable supplies. As it is I will use this for now while looking for a higher quality one to replace it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, great price, December 23, 2012
K. Donovan (Olympia, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This kit is the most well stocked first aid kit I've ever purchased. When they say all purpose they mean it, there are a number of specialty items included which were welcome inclusions. A chemical ice pack, mole skin, disposable thermometer, trauma pad and emergency blanket fleshed out a massive assortment of bandages, gauze and disinfectants. Also included were an adequate supply of pain medication though I would suggest including a few others for more specific pains the ones they provided are strong and safe and multi-purpose. The soft case has plenty of extra room for additions. For under $20 at the time I I purchased it I believe this kit covers more bases than other kits I've bought for twice the price. Other reviews more carefully outline what's in the kit but the bottom line is penny for penny you're getting a better stock kit here than any other I've seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 19, 2012
Alright, so I was a bit skeptical about this due to the price, but for $20 bucks (or so) this can't be beat! 299 items is a lot. I like the bag that this came in as it sticks out rather well. My only con for this is the organization or lack thereof that this comes in. When I got it I spent fifteen minutes organizing it and then added some extra gloves, more ibprofin, and a knife.

Five stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars 299 Piece Kit - Nice, November 8, 2012
this is nice to have for a camping trip or even a BOB. but u may want to add a few things to upgrade to a next level bag. triple antibiotic cream, pack of antibiotic "general". trauma Israeli battle dressing, Braunamid Synthetic Suture / Needle Combinations - 40 cm - 3/0 Fine, Surgical Disposable Sterile Skin Stapler w/Enhanced Control, 35 Preloaded Staples. Saline 0.9% 250 ml, Sodium Chloride, IV. don't forget the IV supplies for connecting the bag and IV start 18gage needle... if you go with the Sodium Chloride bag better "500 ml". saline Nose/eye flush. higher pain meds for traumas. some curlex rolls and Aquaphor for burns, but it dose come with a burn cream. A few Mainstay Emergency Food Rations 2400 Calorie Bars. the bag will fit more, I have it packed and it still can fit more. shipped fast like this little kit great for camping.

Rate and Discover Movies