Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 2-Pack|Change

on September 17, 2009
These things literally stopped a condo complex from burning down. Got up this morning at 5 a.m. and saw the front of a condo entryway across the parking lot engulfed in flames. My brother went outside, set off his car alarm, and started yelling to wake people up. I called 911. By the time I got outside, most of the neighbors were up... and just standing there staring. No one was doing a damn thing. So I ran back in and grabbed my 2 First Alert AF400 Tundra Fire Extinguisher Aerosol Spray, and handed one to my brother and said "Let's try to contain it!". He scoffed that "These are just little cans!", so I told him it was better than just watching. To be honest, I thought we were going to look like kids with toys trying to put out a well-established house fire with these, but whatever, right?

To my complete and utter amazement (I had bought these in case one of my sons started a small fire in the house cooking, or whatever), not only did these small extinguishers partially contain the fire, they completely extinguished it. Giving me time to run into the guy's house, shut off his circuit breakers, and get out his garden hose, turn it on, and completely extinguish the fire before the fire department showed up *15-20 minutes* after I called.

I've attached pictures of the fire's damage to the product. It could have been a lot worse.

I would recommend these in a HEARTBEAT. They performed beyond what I thought they would OR could. If you're on the fence thinking you need a "real" fire extinguisher, I can assure you - these are as real as any fire extinguisher ever, and a heck of a lot easier to use.
review image review image
1111 comments|247 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2009
I would have rated this item NO stars but that option wasn't available. I purchased three of the First Alert Tundra fire suppressants; one for each car and one for the kitchen because they were small and simple to operate. Last night our fireplace pellet stove malfunctioned and spewed smoke and fire. I grabbed the First Alert Tundra and followed the simple directions carefully. It worked for about 3 seconds and then spit and stopped. Fortunately fire fighters from our fire department arrived and were able to contain the fire with only smoke damage. Today I tried the extinquisher outside and it just went "pfft". Nothing. Obviously I'll remove the extinquishers from our cars as they only provide a false sense of security. Don't waste precious time trying to get your Tundra to work. Call 911 instead and purchase a better fire extinquisher. It could be a matter of life or death. BTW the expiration date on the extinquishers is 04/24/10
1111 comments|211 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2010
Consumer Reports May 2010 assessment: We tested two aerosol fire sprays, the First Alert Tundra and the Shield Fire Protection Kitchen Guard, and have judged each as Don't Buy: Performance Problem. Unlike the extinguishers we tested, neither has a pressure indicator that shows whether the unit is ready for use. And the sprays are not intended to replace a standard extinguisher (NFPA 10 compliant) where required, as the makers say on the labels. The sprays sometimes made the grease fire in our tests flare up before they put it out. That could cause the fire to spread or prompt the user to stop the spray. We found that two of the 10 Tundra samples didn't properly discharge.
88 comments|180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2011
I am posting this because of the idiot reviewer who gave this product a single star based on a Consumer Reports article.

I have used the Tundra. Once. I bought it two years ago for my kitchen. Never used it until a few months ago. I had stored some bakeware in the oven since I hardly do any baking. I had a relative stay over for the weekend. She decided to surprise me with a baked dish. She set the oven to preheat and was in the bathroom when she smelled smoke. She ran out and hollered for me. We opened the oven and the plastic lid on a corning baking dish was on fire, along with other stuff like spatulas.The flames were atleast 2feet tall, the whole inside of the oven was on fire. I grabbed the Tundra, read the instructions (since I never bothered to read em) and sprayed on the fire. It was completely extinguished leaving charred plastic and noxious smoke. The Tundra saved my oven and possibly my home. My only regret is my relative waited 5 minutes for me to put out the fire while the Tundra was sitting right there. Oh well.
review image review image review image
22 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2011
You buy these types of products in the hopes that you never have to use it. This morning, my kitchen was in flames and I was so grateful that I did buy it. Until I tried to use it, and it doesn't work. Luckily, 2 boxes of Arm & Hammer baking soda DID work to put out the fire. I can't begin to explain the range of emotions and panic that overcome you in a fire when your prevention materials don't work.
on July 11, 2009
Fortunately I did not have the problem one of the other posters had with this product. I purchased this product for my wife since local newspaper reviews gave it high marks and it looked easy to use.

I actually had to use it the other day because we had a grease fire and it worked like a charm. The Tundra put the fire out after a few seconds and was very easy to use, especially in a tense situation. Also felt like there was still quite a bit left in the can. The clean up was easy as well.
on May 17, 2016
I bought this to keep under our kitchen sink to replace our old pull tab fire extinguishers. A month after I bought it we had a small fire start in our oven. I noticed it right away, grabbed this can, and without any problems sprayed and put out the fire. There was no question on how to use it. I am SO glad we have this in our house!
on October 17, 2009
I purchased these at a box store. Next to them were the "old style" extinguishers. I liked the size, and the price was $15 cheaper than the old-school. However after getting them home and looking closer I found an expiration date 2 years in the future meaning that I'll have to re-purchase them again in 2 years (assuming I don't use them). I find that frustrating because the "old school" extinguishers right next to them had a big sign "good for 10 years". Suddenly saving $15 feels like spending $$ every two years.

I bought these to get a discount on my home insurance, and of course for home safety. But it won't be very safe if I (probably) forget about them for 5 years until there is a fire and find them under the kitchen sink expired. I think I will bring them back and exchange for the old style extinguisher.
on December 13, 2014
I bought this originally for a friend who wasn't so good in the Kitchen. After a few kitchen incidents I got this after worrying that they may burn there house down. I was at their house the one time when they had used the oven for storage space and then later turned on the oven and set a whole bunch of plastic, cardboard and paper on fire. I quickly grabbed this First Alert AF400 Tundra Fire Extinguisher Aerosol Spray, and easily put out the fire! I was so impressed how great it worked and cleaned up so well!

I soon thereafter got one for my Mom and my house and recently My wife used it on a small stove fire and I definitely recommend for anyone who has a kitchen!
on January 30, 2015
I bought this product when my kids got old enough to cook. I thought it would easier for them to use than a standard fire extinguisher. Before I put them in my home, I bought several cans and let my kids practice putting out fires in my barbeque pit. Every one of them worked fine, and my kids found them easy to use.

I hate to see stories about the cans malfunctioning, but there is something that everyone needs to keep in mind. Any fire extinguisher can malfunction.

I work in a chemical plant and we have hundreds of fire extinguishers. They have to be inspected every month because they often bleed down on their own.

Standard fire extinguishers have a gauge so that you can verify if they are full, Tundra aerosol cans don’t. So if you decide to buy a fire extinguisher instead of an aerosol can, that’s fine. Just remember you’ll need to inspect it about once a month, or you may find that it is empty when you need it.