5.0 out of 5 stars Great for learning colors
This is one of the best color books I have seen. Each color gets two to four pages and a variety of real life items are shown for each color. For instance, red has two intro pages with a red fire engine on a mostly red background and then two pages that show a red car, a ladybug, a red t-shirt, red shoes, red strawberries, a red toothbrush and a red flower.
This...
Published on January 2, 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars colorful
The book is very colorful, but I found the colors to be off just a bit, particularly blue...some places it looked more purple than blue.
Published 3 months ago by maestraleonard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for learning colors, January 2, 2003
By A Customer
This book is good at allowing kids to see what the objects have in common which in this case is the color. Too many color books show only one object per color and when my son was younger I always wondered if he thought the word "red" referred to a strawberry or that the word "green" referred to a frog. This book makes it clear because he sees several different items described as green so he knows the word "green" refers to the color and not the object itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, January 23, 2004
Deanna Hockey (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
I cannot say enough about how good this series of books is. We have all the titles that are avaiable in Australia and they are the most well-read books in our Children's library.
They are the perfect-sized books for your little one and a great way to get them interested in learning to love books. The pages are strong and sturdy and will take any amount of page turning your little one can dish out.
The best thing about these books is the wonderful photography of each item - clearly labeled with it's name. As you read this book over and over to your child it won't be long before they are the ones pointing to the picture and telling you what it is.
I've read this series of books (over and over)to my children since they were about 6 months old. The eldest (now 4 and a half) still flicks through the books and has started to point things out and say the words to her little brother.
Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT books!, December 27, 2005
This review is from: My First Colors Board Book (My 1st Board Books) (Board book)
All of the "My First Board Books" are great, but this is our son's favorite. We've been looking at it since he was just a couple months old, and he loves all the bright colorful pictures. Early on he learned he could turn the pages themselves, which thrilled this Mom. Now that he's 1, he loves to sit and turn the pages and he "chatters" at the pictures. It's also great for teething, he can tell you. I'm a little embarrassed to take this book places, because he has really USED it, but it's clearly one of his favorite things to play with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Includes Silver and Gold!, August 14, 2004
This is a great infant/toddler book for learning colors. It has different examples for each color: red, blue, yellow, green, orage, purple, pink, brown, black and white, silver, gold, multi-colored.

4.0 out of 5 stars good buy, October 10, 2007
I like this book. For primary and other main colours it has several objects of the same colour on each page. I think colours like gold and silver, multi-colour and black and white could have been left out. It is hard for a child/ toddler to learn black and white when the examples have both colours in the object and on the same page. I like it because my daughter will be able to learn the basic colours, which is why I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Learning Book, June 19, 2008
My girls love this book, they want to read it over and over again every day, this is their favorite book, they are always fighting over it. They acually learned thier colors from this book, and now know almost all the colors, they run around saying the colors of all the items in the room. Also this book is great for word skills, at first I would ask them where something was, after a while they would point sat an etem and told me everything that was in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Woo hoo!, July 17, 2007
Exciting, amazing, impressive, these are just a few words that describe the works of DK Publishing. This work is on par with the pinnacles of the Romantic era, sure to become a modern classic in scope and style. The characters are likable, but each embodies subtle flaws that make them the subject of realistic empathy.

But seriously, it's got bright colors and it's nice to look at. The color examples are better than a lot of color books.

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS SIZE FOR TRAVEL, October 28, 2008
The colors in this book are vibrant. Our daughter loves to bring this book along. It's the perfect size for little hands. We travel a great deal on airplanes, trains, buses and in the car. So this is a great tag along and fits well in Mama's purse, diaper bag or in our toddlers hands. She loves to turn the pages on this board book and it wipes off easily if anything gets accidently spilled on it!! PERFECT FOR THE AIRPLANE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice picture book for learning colors, July 15, 2014
A nice little book for toddlers to learn their colors with pictures that make sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014
My GRANDBABY LOVES HER BOOK!!

My First Colors Board Book (My 1st Board Books)
My First Colors Board Book (My 1st Board Books) by DK Publishing (Board book - March 15, 2004)
$5.99 $5.39