Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 2, 2003
This is one of the best color books I have seen. Each color gets two to four pages and a variety of real life items are shown for each color. For instance, red has two intro pages with a red fire engine on a mostly red background and then two pages that show a red car, a ladybug, a red t-shirt, red shoes, red strawberries, a red toothbrush and a red flower.
This book is good at allowing kids to see what the objects have in common which in this case is the color. Too many color books show only one object per color and when my son was younger I always wondered if he thought the word "red" referred to a strawberry or that the word "green" referred to a frog. This book makes it clear because he sees several different items described as green so he knows the word "green" refers to the color and not the object itself.
on January 23, 2004
I cannot say enough about how good this series of books is. We have all the titles that are avaiable in Australia and they are the most well-read books in our Children's library.
They are the perfect-sized books for your little one and a great way to get them interested in learning to love books. The pages are strong and sturdy and will take any amount of page turning your little one can dish out.
The best thing about these books is the wonderful photography of each item - clearly labeled with it's name. As you read this book over and over to your child it won't be long before they are the ones pointing to the picture and telling you what it is.
I've read this series of books (over and over)to my children since they were about 6 months old. The eldest (now 4 and a half) still flicks through the books and has started to point things out and say the words to her little brother.
Highly recommended!
on May 19, 2015
I absolutely love this book! There are so many colors and objects, it keeps my toddler engaged. The book is just so beautiful, because it is so colorful!

I love that there are a ton of pages as well! Some colors have multiple pages, which is really nice. This book is definitely worth it! You won't regret buying it!
on December 27, 2005
All of the "My First Board Books" are great, but this is our son's favorite. We've been looking at it since he was just a couple months old, and he loves all the bright colorful pictures. Early on he learned he could turn the pages themselves, which thrilled this Mom. Now that he's 1, he loves to sit and turn the pages and he "chatters" at the pictures. It's also great for teething, he can tell you. I'm a little embarrassed to take this book places, because he has really USED it, but it's clearly one of his favorite things to play with.
VINE VOICEon June 7, 2015
My daughter and all my grandchildren have learned their colors by having a My First Colors book read to them from the time of their birth. Every one of them could recognize and say their colors as soon as they could talk -- at 17 months, my oldest granddaughter pointed at the blue jello served to her in a restaurant and said, "boo." And now he she is expecting a daughter who will learn colors the same way. This book is a great, timeless teaching tool that provides an easy bonding time for the child and the person who reads to her. There are a number of pictures depicting each color - we simply ad the name of the color before each picture: red cherries, red car, red flower, etc. So much better than having just one picture of each color! You cannot go wrong with this book.
on January 7, 2016
Great book! It has helped me a lot with teaching my 18-month-old about colors.
Almost every color is featured on 2 double page spreads (some on just 2), with a variety of objects in that color. It helps the child understand that what they have in common is the color, which works a lot better than books that try to cram several colors in one page.
Highly recommended.
on March 22, 2015
My toddler enjoys this book, and I think it's visually appealing with a beautiful layout. A couple of edits I would suggest for next edition, though, such as making the coins silver (not gold), getting rid of the orange ice pop (replacing it with a healthy food) and changing the red poppy into a more ordinary flower (like a rose). But overall, great and relevant introduction to color categories.
on August 14, 2004
This is a great infant/toddler book for learning colors. It has different examples for each color: red, blue, yellow, green, orage, purple, pink, brown, black and white, silver, gold, multi-colored.
on May 18, 2014
This book is a great way to introduce or reinforce your child's learning of colors. The variety of pictures and objects keeps his/her attention while you read through and talk about colors. Love it!
on October 10, 2007
I like this book. For primary and other main colours it has several objects of the same colour on each page. I think colours like gold and silver, multi-colour and black and white could have been left out. It is hard for a child/ toddler to learn black and white when the examples have both colours in the object and on the same page. I like it because my daughter will be able to learn the basic colours, which is why I bought it.