From the Back Cover
The apostle Paul's first letter to the Corinthians is one of the amazing jewels of the New Testament. Paul wrote to real believers who were struggling to live their Christian lives during degenerate times in a world that is very similar to ours. We can learn valuable lessons from God's instructions to the Corinthians.
Bible study is such an important activity because the obedient Christian life depends on an accurate understanding of the written Word of God. Scripture was not written in a secret code, but it does require patient effort and study to dig out its treasures. This Bible Study Companion provides guidance for understanding the biblical languages as well as the background history, culture, geography, and meaning of this important book.
The study of First Corinthians Verse-by-Verse provides answers to questions like these:
- How can Christians live godly lives in an ungodly world?
- What is the best way for believers to win their battle against the flesh?
- How can the church keep worldliness from damaging or destroying its influence?
- Why is doctrine important to the Christian life, and what are the consequences of believing something that is not true?
- How are believers supposed to act in the meetings of the local church?
- How can Christians at different levels of maturity live in harmony and maintain the unity of the faith?
About the Author
developed the Bible Study Companion Series to help Christians enrich their personal study of God's Word and teach the Scriptures in their families and churches. He holds degrees from Tyndale Seminary (M.Min) and Louisiana Baptist Seminary (M.Div).