Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 8, 2008
The book provides an excellent introduction to Kwanzaa that parents could use to increase their understanding of the holiday. In addition, the book evokes the theme of community throughout the pages, an enduring aspect of African culture. For example, the extended family becomes involves in celebrating Kwanzaa in the story. Also, as the family celebrates Kwanzaa, candles are lit on the kinara at the bottom right of the book. At the end, the book provides a nice summary of the Dr Maulalna Karenga the founder of the book and provides additional information on the principles and symbols of Kwanzaa.

The Kwanzaa Coloring Book
on July 4, 2013
I purchased this book for my 5 year old granddaughter. Her Kindergarten class discussed Kwanzaa during the month of December.
She shared with me what the class discussed concerning Kwanzaa, and asked me do we celebrate Kwanzaa?. I decided to purchase a book for her to build her library. The book is very helpful in explaining what Kwanzaa is to a young child and also others who would like to learn about Kwanzaa in an abbreviated way. Highly recommend it.
on December 26, 2012
I liked this book to help understand this holiday from a families' perspective. The text and illustrations are great to really connect with how and why Kwanzaa is celebrated.
on September 21, 2013
We are working on teaching my granddaughter about different cultures and traditions. This book was on target, on time, and in super condition.
on April 10, 2014
Kwanzaa Books are hard to come by!!!!!!!!!!!! And this book it has help me with Kwanzaa I love it its apart of my celebration
on February 1, 2013
This was a good book. It was an easy read for my students and helped them understand the holiday. Thanks!
on August 24, 2013
I just want to say I just love this book so much. And I have learned so much fro, it.
on November 15, 2000
It was About Kwanzaa. The Seven candles and the kinara, mishumaa saba, and lots of cool stuff. I celebrate Kwanzaa every year.