5.0 out of 5 stars "Community"
Published on December 8, 2008 by Steven C. Thedford

3.0 out of 5 stars good book
This was a good book. It was an easy read for my students and helped them understand the holiday. Thanks!
Published 24 months ago by barbi

5.0 out of 5 stars "Community", December 8, 2008
This review is from: My First Kwanzaa Book (Paperback)
The book provides an excellent introduction to Kwanzaa that parents could use to increase their understanding of the holiday. In addition, the book evokes the theme of community throughout the pages, an enduring aspect of African culture. For example, the extended family becomes involves in celebrating Kwanzaa in the story. Also, as the family celebrates Kwanzaa, candles are lit on the kinara at the bottom right of the book. At the end, the book provides a nice summary of the Dr Maulalna Karenga the founder of the book and provides additional information on the principles and symbols of Kwanzaa.

The Kwanzaa Coloring Book

4.0 out of 5 stars Kwanzaa Books are hard to come by it has help me with Kwanzaa greatly, April 10, 2014
This review is from: My First Kwanzaa Book (Hardcover)
Kwanzaa Books are hard to come by!!!!!!!!!!!! And this book it has help me with Kwanzaa I love it its apart of my celebration

5.0 out of 5 stars Grammy's Gift for a little girl., September 21, 2013
This review is from: My First Kwanzaa Book (Paperback)
We are working on teaching my granddaughter about different cultures and traditions. This book was on target, on time, and in super condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, August 24, 2013
This review is from: My First Kwanzaa Book (Paperback)
I just want to say I just love this book so much. And I have learned so much fro, it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book for young children, July 4, 2013
This review is from: My First Kwanzaa Book (Paperback)
I purchased this book for my 5 year old granddaughter. Her Kindergarten class discussed Kwanzaa during the month of December.
She shared with me what the class discussed concerning Kwanzaa, and asked me do we celebrate Kwanzaa?. I decided to purchase a book for her to build her library. The book is very helpful in explaining what Kwanzaa is to a young child and also others who would like to learn about Kwanzaa in an abbreviated way. Highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars good book, February 1, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Kwanzaa Keeper, December 26, 2012
This review is from: My First Kwanzaa Book (Paperback)
I liked this book to help understand this holiday from a families' perspective. The text and illustrations are great to really connect with how and why Kwanzaa is celebrated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well, November 15, 2000
"iodacsc" (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First Kwanzaa Book (Paperback)
It was About Kwanzaa. The Seven candles and the kinara, mishumaa saba, and lots of cool stuff. I celebrate Kwanzaa every year.

My First Kwanzaa Book
My First Kwanzaa Book by Deborah M. Newton Chocolate (Paperback - October 1, 1999)
Used & New from: $0.01