‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have learning, November 25, 1999
This review is from: My First Learning Library (Box Set) (Board book)
I got these for my son for his first birthday and now that we have another child, I have bought her another set of her own. They were my son's favorite books. They are the right size for him to hold by himself and he can sit for a hour just looking at the pictures and trying to remember what they are. I recommend these books for every child. They are great to look through with your child or for your child to read alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Learning Books, November 23, 1999
This review is from: My First Learning Library (Box Set) (Board book)
We bought these for our 3 year old daughter and they are the best learning "tools". She can easily identify the letters and pictures and has so much fun learning. I recommend these to anyone with young children who are learning to read and count.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any child, December 13, 1999
This review is from: My First Learning Library (Box Set) (Board book)
My 21 month old son loves the book's clear pictures and uncluttered nature. The format is great for learning the names of objects, colors, numbers, etc. We now play "where is the ...". The past six months have made these board books so well worn I will have to buy new ones for my younger son.

5.0 out of 5 stars A slow start, but a BIG Finish, May 22, 2001
Melissa Sisco (Lancaster, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First Learning Library (Box Set) (Board book)
I guess I've been pushing books on my kids since they could barely hold their heads up. I bought this set for my toddler when he was an infant because they were board books and he really did (and does) love books. At first, I thought it was just another set of books because he had some others that seemed to be his favorite. Well, now that he's 2, he seems to go back to this set again and again, especially the "first words" book at this point. He takes it in the car and it entertains him for some time because I hear him going through it and saying all the different pictures which is many. It covers everything from body parts, to clothing, to animals, to colors, to shapes. It was my fault thinking when he was younger that he'd like these, but now he just loves these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Fabulous, January 28, 2002
This review is from: My First Learning Library (Box Set) (Board book)
We bought this board book set for our 2 year old son. These books are fabulous. I see myself buying them for someone having a baby in the future. The books themselves are heavy duty and hold up to the frequent banging around of our toddler. The pictures are clear, bright, easily recognizable, vivid, and realistic. The selections used for each page are terrific. My son has loved the animal pages since day one. I have no question in my mind that these books have increased his vocabulary as well as his ability to recognize and verbally identify everyday objects. At one point we were going to buy flashcards with the letters of the alphabet and pictures for each letter, but they couldn't beat what's in these books. We also have a 10-month old that is also starting to enjoy these books. This was definitely a worthwhile purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, November 17, 2002
This review is from: My First Learning Library (Box Set) (Board book)
We bought these books for my daughter when she was only a few months old. Every day I would open the books for her and show her the different pictures, telling her what everything was. My daughter will be two in Dec and she now sits for long periods of time reading these books by herself. She can identify nearly every object either by pointing at it when I ask her where it is or saying the word. This is a wonderful set of books that I highly reccommend to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good quality; pages are laminated in plastic, December 7, 2002
This review is from: My First Learning Library (Box Set) (Board book)
I recently bought this set and "Baby's First Library: The Runaway Bunny, Big Red Barn, Goodnight Moon" for a 10 month old. Both sets are wonderful. However, quality wise this set is better: in this latest edition, each page is laminated with a thin layer of plastic. The "Goodnight Moon" set has only cover pages laminated; the inside pages are just paper. With a small child who occasionally cuts his teeth on a book, it is easy to clean up food stains on a laminated page. I don't know whether the earlier editions are the same; my set is printed and bound in China.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, November 17, 2001
Frank Marton (Budapest, Hungary) - See all my reviews
Wow,
I'm a positive thinker so I got this set for our daughter when she was still 8 months old. Now at 18 months, they're so used we've had to duct-tape the bindings. OK all you parents, throw out the videos and gadgets and RUN straight out and buy these books. The color, the layout and the quality are all terrific. OK, I'll admit that our girl seems to love books best of all, but these are by far her favorites. She really started taking them seriously as soon as she touched them. The pictures and they way they are categorized make for fun learning and they worked so well, we had to buy the bath time versions just to get her to put them down in the bath.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books for any kid!, April 25, 2003
This review is from: My First Learning Library (Box Set) (Board book)
My son is 18 months, and these have been his favorite books for a long time. Compact, a good size for him, and good for travelling. The photos seem to appeal more to my son than the cartoon graphics in many childrens book.
They are so popular with my son, that they have been used so much that they will need replacing before too long. Not that this any problem with the books themselves, just heavy use!
You cannot go wrong with this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome books!, March 25, 2003
TexasMom (Austin, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First Learning Library (Box Set) (Board book)
These books are so great!! My twin girls got them when they turned one, and they have learned so many words from them! They can name so many different things! The animal book is also really great! The only complaint I have is that some of the pictures are so generic that it is really hard to even tell what it is, but that is really hard to do in a book. That is when you go and get the real thing and show it to your toddler and name it for them!! They do put some less common things in them as well, though, to really challenge them and expand their vocabulary. There are a few animals in the Animal Book that I hadn't even heard of!! These are great for the car because they will keep your toddler occupied for a while. They will flip through the book naming everything!! I was amazed at how fast my girls learned so many words. They are 22 months, and they know all their letters, all their colors, all their shapes, most every animal and its sound, and I think these books have helped them learn a lot of those things! I don't even know how many words they know, but they pretty much know everything in all three books! These are their favorite books and have been for months and months. They will not get tired of them quickly because there are soooo many pictures! This also makes a great gift for a first birthday!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

My First Learning Library (Box Set)
My First Learning Library (Box Set) by DK Publishing (Board book - Nov. 2001)
Used & New from: $46.63