4.0 out of 5 stars Informative and clear
Published on November 14, 2011 by Sophia H.

3.0 out of 5 stars For college class
Boring confusing book. Was very well used when i received it but worked great for class had not highlighting or ink pen marks.
Published 19 months ago by Ashley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative and clear, November 14, 2011
This review is from: A First Look at Communication Theory (Paperback)
Author Em Griffin is able to make an interesting read out of communication theory, which has potential to be dry. Each of the theories covered in this text is interesting and relevant to daily life, well-supported with useful examples and valid data and explained with clarity. Sometimes the examples get too wordy for my taste, but in general the chapters offer solid overviews of theories. I've learned a lot from this text. I'm keeping it for future reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but use afirstlook.com, November 16, 2013
This review is from: A First Look at Communication Theory (Paperback)
Book was good quality, dealer was good quality. received within a few days of ordering. However, go to afirstlook.com and you can get all of the theories that are in the book with better explanation. its the books website and its free.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's extremely well written and clear for a subject that plenty of scholars can make extraordinarily boring and hard to understa, October 18, 2014
This review is from: A First Look at Communication Theory (Paperback)
I needed this book for my introduction to theories of communication class, and honestly it's so well written. In my situation at least, you would not be able to pass the class without the book. Thankfully, this book makes your time seem well spent. It's extremely well written and clear for a subject that plenty of scholars can make extraordinarily boring and hard to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8, 2014
Found everything I needed in the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, May 18, 2014
This review is from: A First Look at Communication Theory (Paperback)
Great book. Easy to understand and helpful. Easy reading and concise. I liked reading this book because it kept my focus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great condition with minimal notations in margins, February 18, 2014
This review is from: A First Look at Communication Theory (Paperback)
The text arrived well before my semester started and was in great condition. This is a very complete text with lots of theories that can be applied to politics, relational issues and organizational flow within businesses. it provides a great general overview into the study of Communication Theory.

3.0 out of 5 stars For college class, May 16, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Ebook rental, August 27, 2013
I decided to try buying my books as Ebooks this semester and it was definitely a good idea. My college gives every full time student a Mac or PC and this year they started adding iPad minis as well. Now I will always have my Ebook with me and I don't have to worry about lugging around 20+ lbs of books. I'm saving about $150 compared to buying used books, $300 if I bought them all new. And even better with this Comm Theory Ebook I was able to rent it for just the semester. It downloaded in just a couple minutes to both devices and I don't have to worry about returning it cause it will return itself. I would definitely suggest trying this to all college students. I'll try to add more at the end of the semester to say how it all worked for me.

A caution of warning, make sure that you only need the book and no other online resources that sometimes come bundled with printed versions of textbooks. I don't think that anything would come bundled with this book but I have seen reviews complaining that the customer also had to buy a separate item for other classes in different subjects.

3.0 out of 5 stars A textbook is a textbook, September 13, 2014
Textbook I bought for class. haven't opened it yet because the class hasn't started.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's wonderful, January 24, 2013
This review is from: A First Look at Communication Theory (Paperback)
It's cheaper than other stores and looks completely new.
I like this book because it printed very well.
Im using it in my COM courses.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

A First Look at Communication Theory
A First Look at Communication Theory by Em Griffin (Paperback - March 7, 2011)
$146.06