5.0 out of 5 stars great
Published on October 24, 2012 by tasha

1.0 out of 5 stars Get something better. You get what you pay for.
Published 17 months ago by Hollie-Ann

1.0 out of 5 stars Get something better. You get what you pay for., August 30, 2013
This review is from: First Signal One-step Pregnancy Test (Health and Beauty)
I have taken pregnancy tests before, and as a few have stated here, about "knowing how to take tests, that they know how to read them, others don't, that's why they're getting false positives or nothing at all" (and being rude about it, on top of it) - you don't have to be a pro to take tests, just read the directions. Pregnancy tests are not that complicated. (if you're new to this, do it in the morning or after waiting to use the restroom for at least 5 hours)

As for this test, I used 4 different tests -2 from one store, 2 from another- and all at different times. Every one of them negative. (t line strong, c line empty) I went to the doctor; told them that I probably won't show up yet, but they ran the urine anyway. Came back positive, a strong positive - but yet, I used a First Signal test just that morning. so... it's either- my body really wanted me to spend that extra $150 to see the doctor, or First Signal is really nothing more but a waste of emotions, stress and time. ... I could see 1 test being a 'dud' but all 4 - no.

p.s. I'm almost a month late for my period, and still, this test did not detect anything, but the doctor did, first time.

You get what you pay for - which is .88 wasted ˘ (cents) at Wal-mart.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money., September 9, 2013
This review is from: First Signal One-step Pregnancy Test (Health and Beauty)
I have bought close to 20 of these test maybe more, they are just so cheap at certain places so I see them and think why not, but I promise it is the last one. I used them religiously for a week and a half since my missed period but to no avail, all negative so I go to the store and bought package of first response. Took the test in the afternoon positive. So the next morning I took another first signal still negative. So I buy another first response and immediately positive. I went to the doctor the next week he says I'm a little over 4 weeks. The next day I take another first signal still said negative. Is it worth the money? NO.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible False Positives/Evaps!, December 3, 2012
H. Carr (Boonville, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First Signal One-step Pregnancy Test (Health and Beauty)
If I could give these zero stars I would! These are the worst tests I have ever taken! I have had SO many PINK evap lines on them. This past cycle I had two of them bring up a nice pink evap line at the end of the testing period (enough to where it could be thought of as a positive) two days before my period was due. I tested with a First Response Early Result test 4 hours later and it was stark white negative. My period came two days later on schedule. If I hadn't checked with the First Response I would have assumed I was pregnant! This happened to me a few months back as well. Every evap I've had on these have been pink and looked legit. Do NOT BUY THESE, that is, unless you are OK with the heartbreak month after month. It isn't worth it! These things are only good for burning.

1.0 out of 5 stars False Positives, September 26, 2013
This review is from: First Signal One-step Pregnancy Test (Health and Beauty)
My husband and I had been trying to conceive for about a year or so when a friend of mine told me about these tests. So I went to Walmart and bought 10 of them since they were so cheap. When I took the first test it came out positive, clear as day. To be sure I took another and the same thing. I was so happy I cried! After that every morning for 8 days I took a test to see if the line would start to fade or stay the same. I've lost a lot of pregnancies so I knew if I was going to miscarry the line would fade. Well every test came out the same. I made a doctors appointment only to be told I wasn't pregnant! This broke my heart. This brand should definitely be taken off the market. I will never buy this brand again and would NEVER recommend it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Evap line is surprisingly confusing, October 28, 2013
This review is from: First Signal One-step Pregnancy Test (Health and Beauty)
I didn't think I would be confused by the Evap line (the white little line where the t is) but I totally was. I think it takes really high HCG for it to register. I kept getting a negative until I bought a more expensive test (Clear Blue) and sure enough I am pregnant. Big Fat Positive. I mean, I guess try them. They're only .88, but don't trust it too much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning! It will give you falst positive, February 3, 2013
This review is from: First Signal One-step Pregnancy Test (Health and Beauty)
I normally do not leave negative reviews. I have to really dislike something to say something bad. Well this is the time. This gives FALSE POSITIVE results, over and over and its not true. This created a real problem for our family. When you take three test and they all say positive you normally will believe it and we did. I had her go get another brand of test and it was Negative. So I started doing some research online and it seems that False Positive is very common with this brand. Not just a once in awhile thing but 70 percent of the time it will come back with a False Positive. It needs to be taken off the market!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an OK tester, October 15, 2012
This review is from: First Signal One-step Pregnancy Test (Health and Beauty)
Great because it's cheap. Still not sure how much I trust the readout. It says that you should only use on 1st day of missed period, so that in itself explains why so cheap. Others that are more expensive can be used 4 or 5 days before period start day. So if you want to find out early, this test is not for you. If you don't mind waiting for a missed period start day then I would guess this test is good for you. My guess is this particular test needs a higher HCG content, but I could not find any information in the packaging stating at what level it detects HCG.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many evap. lines and too expensive!, May 6, 2013
This review is from: First Signal One-step Pregnancy Test (Health and Beauty)
Besides the many evap. lines I've gotten on them.....you can get this same exact test at any Dollar General Store for only $1.00, or at Walmart for just 88 cents! Someone is making money on these big time.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, October 24, 2012
This review is from: First Signal One-step Pregnancy Test (Health and Beauty)
It says in the instructions to wait til you miss a period. I got a good positive two days after my period and that was only 3 hrs after first morning urine. I took a test today two days after I tested and the test line is darker than the control line, plus that's two hours after i peed and it's 9 oclock at night. It's great for moms who are worried and like to pee on a stick for reassurance like me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous Evaps/Indents and False Positives, January 28, 2013
This review is from: First Signal One-step Pregnancy Test (Health and Beauty)
I used these this cycle beginning at 10DPO and have had a terrible experience with them so far. While the test is still wet it will often display a pink test line. When it is completely dried that test line disappears into a light pink evap/indent. Needless to say I am not pregnant this cycle but these tests have kept me very confused. Additionally, these tests do not seem to have any uniformity when it comes to where the HCG antibody strip is placed. I've found them to the far left and to the far right depending on the test I was using. Wouldn't recommend.

Here's a pic of a test I used 16DPO.
[...]