Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

on December 21, 2013
My 1st Smoothie Recipe Book by Pom Sabra dn the Sabra Sisters
Great cookbook for kids, yes they can help also.
Love the story and how they are now writing down the family recipes and they are healthy because they learned that although they eat healthy and exercise it's not enough.
Love the rhymes as well. Especially love the blueberry smoothies and everything is so easy to make.
Even the vegetable ones have good combinations. Create your own smoothie and you could be featured in next edition of their cookbook.
There are many other books they've written for kids cooking that are highlighted at the end of the book.
Their goal is to get rid of childhood obesity.
on March 27, 2013
So far I have been filling up my kids tummies with these yummy recipes and it doesn't get any better than this. We have a ton of fun and end up laughing a ton in the process and the cleanup is much less messy than I had imagined.

So far we love the pumpkin pie smoothie and some of the berry smoothies inside.

Not only are the recipes wholesome and nutritious but they are safe and "mom approved" which made it that much better.

I now realize how much my kids love to make food! And the best part is they actually enjoy eating something they have created. Thank you for delivering happiness through food with my kids.
on March 26, 2013
I really enjoyed this book and look forward to trying the recipes with my daughter's assistance. This book uses a lot of easy to find, healthy ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, milk and yogurt. I love the clever poems the authors use to introduce each smoothie category and their bonus link to free downloads that include the poems put to songs, health tips and coloring sheets. This book promotes a wonderful message of cooking together as a family to pass on a legacy for future generations. This book is a must read for those who are looking for healthy recipes that involve the whole family, including children.
on March 24, 2013
As someone who enjoys smoothies, I bought this recipe book because I was looking for some new ideas. I found the combinations in this book to be creative and delicious.

I like how the book is geared toward getting children involved in creating smoothies, although it definitely requires some supervision because of the machinery involved. However, there's great potential for children to take these recipes, make them, enjoy them, and then create their own.

Be sure to take advantage of the free bonuses inside (I won't spoil it for you. :)

Enjoy!
on March 27, 2013
What is best about this book is that the recipes are so simple (and yet tasty) that busy moms who are used to reaching for fast drink solutions can actually empower their children to make their own much healthier drinks quickly and easily. Fun to read, easy to implement and healthy too - this is a winner!
on July 1, 2013
I love the variety of the kid-friendly smoothie recipes, my 4 year old loves to pick our recipe to try. Just so you know, kids came up with these recipes, my guy has already started coming up with his own versions just from his experience with these.
on March 27, 2013
I really enjoyed this recipe book. I felt the chapters were well organized and I especially liked the catchy poems which introduced each smoothie category. The authors have a very clear message: to create simple, healthy recipes together, with all members of the family as active participants. The recipes use simple, easy to find ingredients including fruits, vegetables, milk, and yogurt that can be found in your local grocery store or can even be grown in a home garden. The recipes can be made using a simple blender. The authors lost their mother, which prompted their need to create a family legacy of documented recipes in which every member of the family can actively participate in creating. This book was an easy, fun read and included bonus downloads which I can't wait to share with my children. I am sure we will enjoy listening to the poems put to song, and the kids will enjoy the coloring sheets. Of course, I look forward to creating these recipes with my kids.
on December 20, 2013
Very easy and well-organized little book on our iPad....my kids could flip through and pick a smoothie. Nice dedication to their grandmother and inspiration too--this family clearly cooks and spends time together. The smoothies look simply delicious, and while simple there is a real variety here! Thanks for writing the book!
on March 21, 2013
As a nutritionist and a mom, I'm always on the hunt for easy healthy recipes my kids can manage by themselves. Ponn Sabra and The Sabra Sisters offer simple recipes that sound scrumptious, especially the nectarine and tangerine smoothie! I am excited to see the number of smoothies that were made without ice cream, sherbet, yogurt and NO added sugars. Fantastic! I was pleasantly surprised when I came to Chapter 4 since it is full of delicious sounding veggie smoothies.

My First Smoothie Recipe Book feels like you are walking through a farmers market as you sample one smoothie after another. The simple recipes (some only have 3 ingredients!) are perfect for introducing kids to cooking while also making fruits and veggies a tasty part of their diet.

Fruits and veggies should be a part of everyone's day and My First Smoothie Recipe Book makes that possible! I love this book and will be recommending it often!

~Carrie Chacon~
Creator of SNAC
on March 25, 2013
As a parent of a 3 and 5 year old, I found this cookbook to be fun, creative family fun. My children live a very active and healthy lifestyle having a nutritional snack is essential to keep their bodies and minds strong. After reviewing and using this easy to follow cookbook, my five year old wants to invent his own healthy snacks. Thank you for putting together a great family tool.