5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle version of this book works great
I bought the kindle version because it's $10 cheaper, and it works better than I expected. For every question there is a link that brings you directly to its answer, and for every answer there's the link to bring you back to the question. That's easier than flipping the paper books. Not to mention that the questions themselves are excellent companions to the FA book.
Published 18 months ago by J. Liu

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly USMLE like
But still good source for questions to review for my exams first and second year. Use USMLE world for board style questions and step 1 prep.
Published 17 months ago by Ted

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle version of this book works great, January 3, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight Forward Review., July 17, 2012
NKM (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1, Third Edition (First Aid USMLE) (Paperback)
This is an excellent review source of the USMLE Step 1. The book is well organized, concise, and to the point. There are no gimmicks with this book. Its questions, organized by subject, with detailed answer keys.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly USMLE like, January 22, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Cut to the chase, October 30, 2012
Very helpful questions and explanation (on the answers.)The questions that are in the book are helpful in my review and I am wholly satisfied with the First Aid Qbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent material and test questions with each possibility reasoning., December 20, 2012
I was reccommended by many USMLE forum members.Every body in my medical school talks about it.
Many who have passed have reccommended this book.also reccommended by faculty lecturers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Content, May 26, 2013
I purchased the Kindle edition because it was cheaper and I could begin using it immediately. As a first year medical student I have been using these questions to help prepare me for exams and they provide great explanations and information about each question. I can't review on how well it would prepare me for the USMLE because I am not studying for that at this point, though the questions seem to be board-style to me. The kindle edition is great for quizzing because it is easy to get from question to answer with just a single click. My only problem with this book, and it may just be the electronic edition, is that the images are in black and white (the only reason I gave it a 4). There are some histology images that should have been in color and they have hindered my ability to answer the questions. Other than that I think this was worth the purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Outdated. More frustrating than helpful., June 5, 2013
I think this edition is outdated. Because the USMLE/COMLEX have gotten so much more clinical, First Aid has changed around their 2013 First Aid for the USMLE. And this Q & A study tool doesn't seem as though it matches well - the questions aren't what I expect them to be, don't match up with question bank questions well and quiz on very fine detail not presented in First Aid text. While I meet average scores on question banks, I seem to get the majority of these questions wrong and it is very defeating in studying for my COMLEX exam.

4.0 out of 5 stars good review, May 11, 2014
This is essentially a trimmed down analog version of UsmleRx's Qbank. I really liked it before I got the Qbank.

5.0 out of 5 stars high value book for studying for usmle step 1, April 26, 2014
Erica Ford (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a must have book for studying for the USMLE step 1.

But one thing I wish I had done is gotten the Kindle version of this book.
There are lots of words the authors used where I knew what the word meant, but wasn't sure.

Edocrine
tachycardia
Phencyclidine
Amphetamines
Agranulocytosis
Anorgasmia (not to be confused with orgasm)
Polyuria
perinatal
papilla
Cataplexy

5.0 out of 5 stars I got more than expected from this book ., April 19, 2014
I like this book. It is deep brainstorm.The A&Q is helping to develop medical analytic ability.It improves the understanding of the key aspects.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1, Third Edition (First Aid USMLE)
First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1, Third Edition (First Aid USMLE) by James A. Feinstein (Paperback - January 24, 2012)
$46.00 $39.80