5.0 out of 5 stars First Word Search: Fun First Words
Thids item was received as described and in a timely manner. My grandson has enjoyed many hours of fun. I would recommend this book for any child between 5 - 7.
Published on April 9, 2009 by Dawn M. Lee

2.0 out of 5 stars Cover is misleading
Published on June 21, 2011 by Holly Snyder

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Cover is misleading, June 21, 2011
This review is from: First Word Search: Fun First Words (Paperback)
I was very disappointed when I opened this book. The cover shows three and four letter words, all read left to right or up to down. I thought it would be a great book for my four year old who is learning to spell. However the book is quite a bit more complicated. The very first page has words like Alaska and Alphabet, and the words can appear up, down, forward, backward or diagonal. I think it is a very good book, just not a first word search book as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Word Search: Fun First Words, April 9, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars My five year old daugther enjoys it very much, October 30, 2007
The book is relatively easy, for a first-timer, and fun. My daughter is always eager to get back to her word search 'homework'. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this~, December 11, 2008
I got this book for my 6 year old and he loves it! He is very much into word puzzles and these are great beginning words for just that! I highly recommend this one for young children starting to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK GREAT PRICE AT AMAZON, January 18, 2012
This review is from: First Word Search: Fun First Words (Paperback)
My seven year old granddaughter just loves this book. She always tried to do the regular puzzles that we see

around, but they proved difficult and she soon lost interest. These are perfect for her. She understands the

words and learns to spell them while searching for them. If your child shows an interest in this type of puzzle

he/she will love this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for a Kindergartener, February 25, 2006
My son loved this book. He is addicted to doing word searches so he really enjoyed this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Title not accurate, May 17, 2014
This review is from: First Word Search: Fun First Words (Paperback)
Nice book but the title is not accurate. My son is 4 and he is beginning his "first" word searches. We do word searches with words like bat, ball, run, fun and the words are either horizontal or parallel. The words in this book are long and go diagonal, backwards and every directions. For that reason I would not call it a beginner. More like first or second grade. Otherwise its a fun book for the right age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for kindergarten, February 15, 2011
I teacher kindergarten and bought this because my students enjoyed completing word searches. It has the right amount of words for a K or 1st grade child. The puzzles are themed.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good challenge, May 18, 2014
Kate (Istanbul, Turkey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First Word Search: Fun First Words (Paperback)
My almost 6-year-old twins have gotten curious about word searches since they see me do them every day so I decided to get them these beginner books. They are still learning to read, so some of the words are just letters to them unless they take the time to sound it out. The puzzles are a bit challenging for them and I think some of the words are a bit long for a beginner book (some 6 and 7-letter words). Also the words in the word lists are printed in small letters but the letters in the puzzles are capital letters. I think that makes it a bit more difficult for children who haven't gotten the capital/small letters down yet. My daughter asks me for help on every word and I have to keep reminding them that the words can directionally go up or down and straight or diagonal like Connect 4 (which they love to play). I think they'll eventually get the hang of it and stop asking me for help so much, but whether they'll enjoy the puzzles as much as I do remains to be seen :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for 5 year old, January 9, 2014
John Fisher (Boise, ID United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First Word Search: Fun First Words (Paperback)
Our 5 year old Grandson loves word searches and so we were hoping this would be great for him. We couldn't be happier with this book. We will buy more from this author. Our grandson does one a night before bed. They are easy enough he can do them on his own most of the time but still sometimes asks for help. We like as well how the words are in lowercase but in the word search they are in uppercase letters. This makes it more of a challenge for him. Our 5 year old grandson can't read yet but he can find the words by looking at the letters in the words. I think these will be great for at least another year. We would recommend these for all younger kids who love a challenge with word searches. I don't think it is for kids younger than 5 though. There are some big words that maybe too hard for younger kids.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

First Word Search: Fun First Words
First Word Search: Fun First Words by Steve Harpster (Paperback - January 4, 2011)
$4.95