4.0 out of 5 stars Are You Totally Deranged?
Starting with the commonplace idea of a jewel robbery gone maniacally wrong, actor John Cleese and director Charles Crichton manage have created a madcap comedy that remains fresh, even after 10 years. George (Tom Georgeson), assisted by his girlfriend Wanda (Jamie Lee Curtis), his best pal Ken (Michael Palin) and Wanda's 'brother' Otto (Kevin Kline) has orchestrated a...
Published on June 10, 2002 by Marc Ruby™

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the film! DVD is atrocious!
NOTE: This review is about the 1998 version of the DVD. Newer releases may be better quality.

--------------

This film is definitely on my top ten list of funniest movies of all time, with "Some Like it Hot," "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation" and the Monty Python masterpieces...

But this DVD is atrocious. The soundtrack is all in the...
Published on February 26, 2002 by Cynthia Raxter

‹ Previous | 114 15 1629 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars good story, April 28, 2013
I like the script and dialogs. I would like to see more movies of similar kind. Good directed and well written

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, April 27, 2013
Cosmo (Houston Area) - See all my reviews
Enjoyed the silly comedy. Great movie to watch and laugh with the silly characters in the movie. Would watch again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., April 25, 2013
Just updating my DVD collection as I love this movie and only had it on VCR tape. My grandson watched in a film class at college.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wanda, April 9, 2013
Love the British wit and John Cleese. Very funny movie. I would highly recommend this movie to all who love comedy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie, April 4, 2013
Brings back the memories. We saw this when it first came out. Jamie Lee Curtis makes this a movie to watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good laugh!, April 2, 2013
Traditional British comedy - great performance by Jamie Lee Curtis & John Cleese.
Shallow, naïve plot, but timing was good and I ended up rolling on the ground laughing out loud.

4.0 out of 5 stars How did I ever miss this one?, March 31, 2013
I must have not been paying attention when Wanda was released, otherwise I would not be seeing it for the first time just now. Imagine The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight meet The Marx Brothers meet The Three Stooges meet Benny Hill. Chuckles throughout with a good dose of belly laughs followed by me exclaiming, "I can't believe they actually did that." A rolicking good time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic slapstick humor, March 29, 2013
It was funny, but not anything special. Basic predictable humor. The acting was OK , but certainly not Oscar worthy!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, March 25, 2013
Look at the cast,how could it be bad?Very funny movie.Have fun with it.Keven ,Jamie and Eric are a hoot.Wanda did a good job too.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite oldies, March 20, 2013
Jamie Lee Curtis looks great and still does today. I especially love the scene where Kevin Cline devours the fish, poor Wanda.

‹ Previous | 114 15 1629 | Next ›

A Fish Called Wanda
A Fish Called Wanda by John Cleese (DVD - 1999)
$14.98 $8.44