4.0 out of 5 stars The fish cook's bible
This hefty book has all you need to know to cook fish and shellfish. The recipes are clear and descriptive. I like that the authors help you "see" with their words, as in this advice from Oyster Stew: "Cook just until the edges of the oysters curl; they'll look like ruffled petticoats."

As a relatively inexperienced fish cook, I appreciated the section up front...
Published on June 17, 2008 by Julie Neal

3.0 out of 5 stars Better be a stay at home mom
I love to cook fish and consider Rick Moonen the authority. Unfortunately, I don't see myself getting a lot of use out of this cookbook due to the time for preparation as well as the nutrition factor of most of these recipes. I will probably use this book a few times a year when preparing something decadent and impressive for company, but I was hoping to use it as a...
Published on February 17, 2013 by Nicole Reitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CookBook for FISH-, October 25, 2013
This review is from: Fish Without a Doubt: The Cook's Essential Companion (Hardcover)
FISH, in my opinion, is the BEST cookbook. If you want a wonderful selection of recipes- you'll find some favorites and many new recipes you'll definitely want to try. Lots of Gorgeous photos. AND if you are like me, & want to actually learn as much as you can about the foods you are cooking,.... well you have found the perfect cookbook all about FISH.
I am a pretty experienced cook AND an avid cookbook collector. You will want this book in your collection too!

5.0 out of 5 stars it will teach you how to cook fish, June 13, 2013
So many people have said to me "I hate fish" and I believe that you hate fish because they cooked it wrong. Most people overcook their fish and then it's a dry piece of cardboard hardly edible. This book explicitly describes how to cook fish, how to work with it, gives sustainable alternatives, fish tips and options of fish for each recipe. The bonus part is that the recipes are really good! Perfect for those people who would like to give a chance to fish ans seafood but have been to afraid to try it because they think it's too difficult to work with fish.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a MUST HAVE for fish lovers!, March 9, 2014
I have always struggled to cook fish correctly- any kind of fish. Moonan's book not only is an easy-to-read- and-follow cook book, it turns you into a Top Chef, able to make exotic and scrumptious sauces and sides as well. My success record with these recipes is so good that I try new recipes when I have dinner parties!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book...without a doubt...., December 14, 2012
We eat a lot of fish and needed some new ideas on how to fix it. This book is filled with a variety of ways to do things, written so the average person can master them.

I especially like where it indicates other fish that might work as well as the listed one.

Really, really pleased with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful fish cookbook, May 16, 2013
This book does all I have been looking for in a cookbook on fish. Recipes range from simple to more involved. Good sections on buying seafood and possible substitutions. It is fun to read.

I would highly recommend this book to anybody wanting to expand their expertise dealing with seafood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fish, December 6, 2008
Dr Adam Weiss (Buffalo Grove,IL.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Moonen and Finamore shows the reader how to create fish dishes for anyone willing to try in a step by step method you will learn to buy, prepare and cook fish with easy. I thought the chapters on sauces, vinaigrettes and spice mixes the most useful and fun to try.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect if you like to cook fish, January 20, 2009
Jaycee Vee "JC" (Carlisle, Ma. United States) - See all my reviews
This is a really good cook book for fish dishes. The recipes are elegant and delicious. They are clearly explained. And the book also gives you useful information about the fish: taste, texture, what goes with it, how easy it is to find. The photos are great!

3.0 out of 5 stars Was hoping for spectacular like when I go and buy amazing seabass but was ..., January 26, 2015
Made 2 recipies thus far. Was hoping for spectacular like when I go and buy amazing seabass but was sad that it was a bit bland- it was more the recipie then the books fault.... I still need to try some others. Overall a thorough book with lots of info in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now, then get a copy to loan to your friend, January 3, 2013
Every recipe in this book so far has been nothing short of stellar, and it shows you how to prepare and select fish, so even a novice can have a place to begin - Arctic Char is your friend and so am I for telling you to get this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this cookbook!, September 28, 2013
If you want seafood cooked in different ways with diverse ingredients to make your taste buds dance, then this cookbook is for you. Very easy recipes to follow, so making seafood is a snap.

Fish Without a Doubt: The Cook's Essential Companion
Fish Without a Doubt: The Cook's Essential Companion by Rick Moonen (Hardcover - April 29, 2008)
$35.00 $22.79