Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 25, 2014
Best invention ever! Our 8 week old would not sleep unless she was in my arms the whole time. She hated her bassinet with a passion. The first night we put her in this she slept 7 ours straight. My husband and I highly recommend a rock n play to all new parents.
on December 31, 2012
I gave this 4 stars because I was kind of expecting a miracle like the reviews stated, but unless my baby is already asleep, she's not just going to rock herself (or be rocked) to sleep in this. My mom loves it, however, according to her, it is the perfect little sleeping companion for a baby. I have used this for my baby for about three weeks and she is now 8 weeks. She sleeps in this rocker for about 2-4 hours a day on average. She doesn't use it all the time, so I have not noticed any changes in head shape as other reviews have mentioned, but she has moved her head freely from side to side, so I imagine even after using this for a couple more months, that her head won't be affected. She is still too young to care about the little bunny that comes with it, though. Assembly wasn't too bad. My little 12 year old cousin set it up for me :)
on August 28, 2012
I purchased this item when my daughter was 5 weeks old. The first night she slept in it she slept for 5 hours straight. The next two nights, same thing. Then she increased it to six hours, then seven, etc. We were amazed and so grateful! I bought the Boppy Noggin Nest and slid it between the fabric and the plastic, and that completely eliminated the risk of the flat spot. I laid a blanket across the bottom seat, then put her on top of the blanket, and pulled the blanket over her and tucked it in snugly on the side. She slept so great in this thing! Best money we ever spent.

However, this product is almost TOO good. It worked so well, that I was reluctant to ever move her into the crib. Why mess with a good thing, right? I finally had to force myself to transition her at 9.5 months old, when she hit 21 pounds and had started becoming a little more mobile. I was scared she would tip it over trying to sit up. She ended up making the transition better than I expected, but we did spend a couple of weeks dealing with sleep deprivation. In hind sight, I should have made the transition at 4 months, when it may have gone a little smoother.

So be warned! It's a fantastic product and I can't recommend it highly enough. But be prepared to find it difficult to give up!
on December 6, 2012
I have nothing but great things to say about this!

I put this in our bedroom instead of a flat cosleeper and my daughter loved sleeping in it.

We got almost 5 months use out of it before she got too big for it.

It folds really easily so it's easy to move around if you need to.

Be careful if you have toddlers though. Our son wanted to climb into it and did so a couple times, then the novelty wore off.
on March 22, 2011
Lots to like about this cradle:

- It's light and easy to move from room to room. We had a large mechanical swing, but it was too bulky to easily move around. This is much more convenient and we take it all over the house. Even though it's light to carry, it still feels safe because it has a wide base. We have two large dogs and aren't worried at all that they'll knock it over.

- The height is right! As mentioned above, we have two large dogs. With other contraptions we've used (bouncers, swings, etc) the dogs are able to get way too close to the baby's face. The height and shape of this cradle helps protect our newborn from nosy dogs, which is a nice bonus! It's also an ideal height for co-sleeping or for watching the baby while we're on the couch.

- My son sleeps beautifully in it. He naps in it off and on during the day, but I also wear him a lot in our Ergo or have him sit in his bouncer. At night he sleeps in the Rock 'n Play for about six hours straight, wakes up once to nurse, and then sleeps for another five hours. My children are generally long sleepers, but with both of my sons I made sure to have an inclined sleeper that moved with the baby's movement; our last one was the Arm's Reach Cocoon, which also worked supremely well, but it was too bulky. I like this better than the Arm's Reach Cocoon because I can move it around and because there's no fabric obstructing the top/front of it like on the Cocoon. Aside from that, it has the same baby-generated rocking and incline (and costs a lot less).

- It rocks with either the baby's movement or as fast as we want to rock it. We can rock it ourselves at a speed customized to our particular child. During the day he rocks himself when he's hanging out in it, but when we're putting him to bed at night we can rock him quickly and he drifts off FAST. It's also quiet, unlike many mechanical swings or vibrating bouncers.

- The cover comes off easily and is a breeze to clean. I toss it in a cold wash, air dry it (it dries quickly) and it takes only a few easy seconds to put back on the cradle. This is a really, really nice feature. I would recommend using a receiving blanket under your baby, though, if he or she is prone to diaper blowouts... less cleaning of the cover that way.

A little to dislike about the cradle:

- The padding under the head/butt area is pretty thin. Fortunately, the cradle is designed so that it's simple to slip some padding in between the cover and the body of the cradle. This also appears to be quite safe. I have a thick organic cotton baby blanket folded and slipped into the pocket under the cover, which adds the proper amount of padding without unsafely affecting the incline of our baby's head.

- Floor scratching could be a minor issue. We have hardwood floors and sometimes when I drag the cradle around I can hear some scratching. So I'd recommend lifting the cradle instead of pulling it around and make sure to clean debris off the bottom from time to time.

- The cradle rocks best on hardwood floors or thin carpeting. I'd still strongly recommend it for people with thicker carpets, though, because the overall design is fantastic.

For those concerned about flat head, this cradle should be perfectly fine as long as you feel comfortable slipping a folded blanket into the pocket for extra padding. Make sure to also change the angle of your baby's head every time you put him or her into the cradle, so your baby isn't laying the same exact way every time (which is something that applies to any type of baby seat!).

We love it. I'd give it 5 stars if the padding were thicker, but even as is it's a 4.5 star product. We have every type of baby swing/seat/bouncer and our top two are the Fisher-Price Rock 'n Play and our BabyBjorn Bouncer.
review image review image review image
on April 19, 2011
I purchased two of these (one in pink and one in yellow) for our twin daughters, which we're expecting in the next several weeks. This product came highly recommended by several of my mommy friends. The products arrived perfectly, and are so adorable. My husband doesn't really like the star-bunny-rattle-thingy (he thinks it's creepy looking), but I think it's cute. I really like that this sleeper rocks based on the baby's movements, rather than having a motor or anything noisy. When my 8 year old was a baby, we had a bouncer (one of those vibrating chair things), which she liked a lot, but I thought was sort of annoying. Many of my mommy friends have said that their little one's don't even want to go in the bouncers, and that they prefer these, and that for those who are problem sleepers it worked like a charm to get them asleep and help them stay asleep. So, we're hoping that it works wonders for our girls as well. Because our daughter's aren't born yet, we haven't tried it out personally, but I'll be sure update my review later on with info on how it works in practice.
on June 20, 2011
I bought this sleeper so I would have a "bed" for my 7 week old granddaughter when she visited. The first night she used it, she did really well and slept all night. The second night, I had her without her parents around and she did beautifully in it again. I put her nearly on her side up against one side of the sleeper, and she slept there from 9:30PM to almost 7:00AM!! I had to rock her for about 30 minutes before she was sound asleep, but that wasn't a problem. Her mommy likes it so much, she asked me to get her one too!! Excellent price and does exactly what it was meant to do! Cute too!
on December 23, 2010
The quality and function of this product are great. I was excited to get it for our newborn baby girl. When the product arrived it was easy to assemble and looked exactly like the product was described. I used the rocker for about three weeks. I even went as far as to also purchase the noggin Nest (boppoy pillow) per another review to avoid the flat head syndrome as described by others. After I while I noticed my baby's head was squished down on her shoulders crunching up her neck. I tried to reposition the pillow or move her in the rocker but the weight of her body in an inclined position would only go right back to crunching down on her shoulders. I have decided to return this product as I am concerned about the long term affects this can have on her muscles and posture. I would caution other parents not to be swayed by the many positive review and the pay attention the the negative results others have had when making your decision to purchase this product. I am still giving it three stars as it is as described and was easy to assemble.
on July 9, 2012
Believe the hype. This thing is magic. Baby sits up at an angle and when he squirms the rock-n-play automatically rocks and soothes him. We threw out our bassinet after a few nights with this product. Truly a great purchase.
on July 5, 2011
I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered this bassinet. The reviews were back and forth- and some even a little scary saying that it led to issues with their babies. However once I received it, it was pretty simple to see it was going to be a great product. It was SUPER easy to assemble- I did it 9 months pregnant ( so that says something... actually the day I put this together, that night my water broke!). I was really nervous about how my daughter was going to react to the bassinet. She did NOT like being in the one at the hospital, and just wanted to be held. So needless to say, I was nervous how she would take to this rocker. She honestly LOVES it. I think it is because it is at a slight incline, and kind of holds her snuggled in there- like the womb was. I will say that I also got the Summer Infant head/ Body support thing, and put it in the bassinet. It makes the back softer- and it also gives support, so her head doesn't flop to one side. I think that the body support is meant for car-seats, but it works even better for this. Plus, this bassinet is smaller, it rocks, which makes it easy to soothe her and best of all it is PORTABLE, So I can easily take it to grandparents house, etc. I would say this has been the most useful baby item we bought thus far. I would definitely recommend!
review image