Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on January 13, 2011
This is honestly the best refrigerator I've ever owned. The counter-depth cabinet integrates well into the kitchen, the surfaces are easy to keep clean, and the functionality is terrific. The shallow but wide refrigerator compartment puts everything right in view at eye level and the bottom freezer bin allows frozen stuff to be stacked up without the risk of it falling out on your foot. You have the convenience of chilled water through the door without the mechanical challenges of an ice dispenser.

I do have some minor quibbles. The door shelves and bins are almost - but not quite - big enough for a gallon of milk or an 18-pack of eggs. An extra quarter inch or so there would be welcome.

And then there's the icemaker. It doesn't make a ton of ice (a dozen small cubes every 3 hours or so), but it's plenty for my family, so I'm not taking points off there. The problem is that the feed tube tends to freeze up. It's an easy fix - there's a small heater that eliminates the problem - and it's covered under warranty. But still. The tech says the manufacturer leaves the heater off in order to get an Energy Star rating; sounds to me like removing a spark plug to increase gas mileage.

These quibbles would ordinarily make me give the fridge 3.5 - 4 stars, but the other reviews are so unfair that I figured a bump is in order. Seriously, somebody's slamming this fridge because his dryer didn't work? And another review complains about the unit because the repair guy didn't have parts in his truck? Seriously, those are problems with the dryer and the repair guy; there's nothing wrong with the fridge. According to the guy who came out to fix my icemaker, this is a well-made and reliable refrigerator. I recommend it.
on September 17, 2010
This is the second revision to my earlier comment. My Fisher & Paykel RF201ADUX was working for 16 days and then died. I talked with the retailer, who immediately contacted a service company who decided to order parts. Which to Canada takes at least a week and a half from California since they get stuck at the US/Canada border.

After talking with F&P in New Zealand I realize they have a staff well trained in deflecting responsibility. This proved to be completely useless to us. It was everyone else's issue (the retailer should replace fridge, the Repair company should have their own parts supply in Canada). It was everyone else's issue, and F&P NZ would not do anything nor would they step up to take responsibility. They were quite content to leave us fridge-less, possibly for weeks, waiting for parts. Since this was a new purchase, and the fridge was working for 16days, I felt this was unacceptable.

In the end, it was my retailer, who called the Canada F&P rep. Once they ascertained that my brand new fridge should be replace did we get a new fridge.

F&P in New Zealand should have made that call to the local rep - not my retailer. F&P NZ were quite content to let my family and I suffer without a fridge after having dropped $3300 on it.

Thanks to the local F&P report for stepping up. Shame on F&P NZ.
on January 10, 2012
So, we bought this refrigerator originally in 2008. After one year, the thing started flashing an F20 error and beeping continuously. Turns out, an F20 malfunction is cost-prohibitive to fix. So since we were under warranty, we got a new one.

Problem fixed, right? Well just the other day we got a new error, the F24. Repair crew had to order the part (took a few weeks), they install it and guess what... It still isn't fixed. Got to order the same part again. Another two weeks.

In summary, I don't think these products are well made. And for the money you pay for it, it should be.
on May 27, 2009
This fridge has a TERRIBLE icemaker. It makes six of the puniest ice cubes every so often. Each morning I will have maybe 10-15 cubes the size of an iPod Nano. If you have a family and you want enough ice for more than two cold drinks per day - forget this machine. FP even admits that this model does make alot of ice. Truth is it barely makes any ice. Not well designed for the American market place, where we like our ice!