5.0 out of 5 stars Taught my son to roll over!
We started using this for tummy time at about 3 months, and our little guy has been enthralled with it ever since. He would reach over and try to touch it and this really helped him learn to turn over. Now at 4.5 months he just can't get enough of it and plays with it daily. It was a gift and we NEVER thought we'd get so much use out of it. HIGHLY recommend!!!
Published on September 11, 2010 by dizbug

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but need some modification in design
This is a good toy for kids, but the only concern i am having is its design. The two big straight ears of this snail can cause potential injury to the eyes of baby.
Published 21 months ago by krishh

5.0 out of 5 stars Taught my son to roll over!, September 11, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toy for tummy time!, July 16, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! 1-2-3 Crawl Along Snail (Toy)
This toy is delightful and my 5 month old baby adores it. She laughs and becomes excited whenever I put the toy next to her. It also prevents her from throwing a fit during tummy time. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped My Baby With Tummy Time and Crawling, August 17, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! 1-2-3 Crawl Along Snail (Toy)
I bought this for my daughter when she was 2 1/2 months old, she played with it until she was about 9 1/2 months old. She really loved this toy and it really helped her learn to crawl. I purchased this from Target for $14.99 and in my mind it was worth every penny.

This is a video of her playing with it. [...]

When I first purchased this toy my daughter was not liking tummy time very much at all. She HATED to be on her stomach and would get so mad and cry. We tried everything to help her enjoy tummy time but nothing worked. Finally I tried this, even though it was beyond her age level, thinking that if nothing else she could look at herself in the mirror and at the flashing lights. It worked! Instead of spending only a minute or so on her belly she was spending a full 10 minutes at a time, then 30, then soon after that we couldn't get her to lay on her back! She was crawling all over the house!

She didn't really 'chase' the snail like it says they can do very often. Sometimes I would roll it and she would go after it though. She would just lay on her belly and laugh at the mirror. When she was sitting up on her own she would lay the snail on its back and spin it around the mirror. Or push it back and forth. Or teeth on the antennae. Or just hit it like a drum. She didn't really play with the ladybug either. But she loved the music and the talking and the lights. For a baby toy she played with it for a really long time considering some of her other ones have only held her interest for 2 weeks.

It is very durable, the mirror never scratched and she used to hit it with a wooden spoon. It was easy to clean with an antibacterial wipe, and we never had to buy batteries for it. The batteries that came in it from the store are the same ones in there today. Right now I have it packed up in a box to give to a friend of mine since my daughter has outgrown it. Fisher-Price has been around for ages so its a brand I trust. My daughter has a lot of other Fisher-Price toys that we have been happy with.

I can understand why some reviewers have said this toy is not so safe. It is heavy, which is probably my only con. You definitely should not leave a small baby alone with it if you think they might try to pick it up and might drop it on their feet or knock it over on themselves. (My daughter went through a phase when she had first learned to stand where she would pick up the snail while standing and drop it just to hear it thunk on the floor. It barely missed her toes a few times so I took it away from her until she got over it) I don't think its heavy enough to cause real damage, just maybe a little boo boo, but still. At the same time, when babies are in the age range for this toy, they should never be left alone with anything ever, especially if they are playing in the floor. The best thing to do is play with your baby while they are playing with this toy (or any other toy), and that way they can't get hurt. If you are looking for a toy that you can leave your baby with so you can go wash dishes or talk on the phone or check your email or whatever, then this is definitely the wrong one. Go get an Exersaucer or a nanny. If you are willing to sit and play with your baby while they learn and explore, then this is probably a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby loves this! He thinks it is alive., October 11, 2010
KatyM (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! 1-2-3 Crawl Along Snail (Toy)
"Whee!! Hahaha!!!" to quote this happy snail. My five month old loves this toy. It never fails to bring a smile to his face. It rocks, giggles, sings, reflects, and lights up. He likes to gnaw on the little antennas (everything goes in his mouth) and to hit the bright red ladybug. Personally, I like to see it slide across the floor... My brain might be turning into mush, but it's fun with this snail! One thing: It's on the large side, which actually makes it easy for baby to manipulate.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good toy, April 28, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! 1-2-3 Crawl Along Snail (Toy)
This was excellent when my daughter hated tummy time - we could put her on the floor where she could see the mirror and she'd happily stare at herself and bat at the toy for a good 15 - 20 minutes (forever in baby time). Right now she's 5 months and it's still a good distraction, but she's more interested in the tags on everything. I think it will become useful again in a month or two when she can sit up and rock it and then further down the road when we can unlock it and she can crawl after it. I don't know that it's all that educational, though. And, as in all battery operated toys, the songs will drive you batty. I liked it so much, though, that I bought one for my cousin and her new baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it!, September 20, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! 1-2-3 Crawl Along Snail (Toy)
I bought this for my daughter when she was 4 & 1/2 months old. She laughed when she heard the music & saw herself in the mirror the first few times I pulled it out. Then she ignored it until she was 6 months old. I just assumed I had wasted money on another toy. Well, she loves it now. My daughter is 9 months old ..and still plays with it daily. The snail is one of her favorite toys

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT GIFT FOR A BABY, March 25, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! 1-2-3 Crawl Along Snail (Toy)
I purchased this gift for my granddaughter primarily because I have found the Fisher Price toys to be perfect for infants, toddlers and children. My daughter has told me my granddaughter has learned to push this toy and this toy keeps her occupied.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but need some modification in design, March 31, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great snail, August 31, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! 1-2-3 Crawl Along Snail (Toy)
My 1-year-old daughter enjoys this snail quite a bit. She enjoys batting it and hearing the music (I think she's enjoying learning about cause-and-effect and also being able to make something happen by herself--music and lights). From the description, I wasn't sure how the snail rolled--I thought maybe you could set it to roll by itself. It turns out you have to push it, and on carpeting it doesn't go very far. But overall it's one of her favorite toys, even though it doesn't do much!

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Snail, March 27, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! 1-2-3 Crawl Along Snail (Toy)
Great toy. Works on carpet and moves on touch. Music is fun and toy is entertaining. Not sure about the mirror and why it is there but love the toy and so does my granddaughter.

Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! 1-2-3 Crawl Along Snail