Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 2, 2005
I purchased this Lil' Quad for my nephew for his first birthday. It took him a couple weeks to figure it out, but now we can't keep him off of it. He's 1 1/2 now and has absolutely NO problem making it go. He doesn't quite understand how to steer, but we're always with him when he rides so we help -- it's never been a problem. The battery holds up very well and is SUPER easy to charge. The power cord and battery pack all fit in the seat so nothing gets lost and the seat "locks" so little hands can't get it BUT can "unlock" quickly and easy with the twist of the lock button.

My niece will be 1 this weekend and is getting her own for her birthday. She has been riding my nephews for about two months now. They are usually really good at sharing, but this is one toy we needed to have two of. (Yes, I got her this one...bought some "girly" stickers to pretty it up because I didn't want to pay the extra $20+ for the Barbie quad.)

I recommend getting a helmet for wearing...it sets good habits of helmet wearing AND when going uphill or when learning kids balance isn't that great...there is nothing on the toy that will keep them on.

Also, this is definitely for a young child. My 2 year old niece tried it when we first got it and was too big. If your child is older I'd recommend looking into something bigger as you won't get a lot of use out of this one. Also, when it says it goes two miles an hour, it really does go that slow; an older child would probably not enjoy that speed very much.

Be sure to check Walmart...when I was looking for this I ran into Walmart just to check and found it for $58.88...just bought the second one there six months later for the same price.

This was THE BEST first birthday present I've ever bought. Only problem is now I don't know how I'll top it for the 2nd and future birthdays.
11 comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2004
We bought this for our son and he is only 2 yrs old and he is too big for it. He loves the toy but he wont be able to use it more than 6 months at the most. He is 31 lbs and around 32 inches tall. Also the steering wheel is too hard for them to turn. It was very easy to put together.
44 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2010
We bought this for our 20 month old son for Christmas. We've only had it for a few days. It's taken him awhile to get comfortable with it, but the more he plays with it the more he likes it.

I think it's going to be awhile until he figures out it's turning ability. I think he will easily be able to ride it for another year or two, if it lasts that long.

I would definitely recommend this product. It was around $80 on Amazon. I have seen a bunch of sites that show you how to upgrade the battery to 12v which makes it more powerful. I obviously wont be adding the 12v until he learns how to turn.

I just looked at the current price for this on Amazon and it's [...]. The Batman version is [...]. If Amazon raises the price again ($79.99) I would recommend trying to find it somewhere else, as long a shipping and tax's aren't more then it would be through Amazon.
33 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2012
This FP Lil Quad is still on my car port in great working condition, even though it was purchased about 8-9 years ago. I guess that speaks for the durability. At the time of purchase I had 2 little grandsons (3 months apart in age) that were just about 18 months old. Well, this thing got hour after hour of use and taking turns. I kept both boys for their moms to work, and the only time this thing stopped was to be charged. They rode it for a couple of years until the 6v 2.5 mph began to bore them, and we purchased the John Deere ride-on so they both could ride at the same time and go faster (5 mph). Well, they loved that thing, as well, but it is now on the carport not running any more, but the Lil Quad still runs. Since that time, we have added another little grandson, who is now 4, and he has spent plenty of time on it, as well. Even though he is now bored with the 6v 2 mph power, he still climbs on every once in awhile for a short (slow) trip on the driveway. Looks like I will be in the market for another ride on for for now 9 year old big boys, as well as the soon to be 5. These FP Power Wheel toys are really great and provide hours of fun and entertainment for our little guys. Looks like we may be looking for another 12 volt ride on, as many of them indicate a weight limit of 130 lbs., and that means the older boys can still ride, and the younger one can certainly manage the 5 mph faster speed and even ride with one of the bigger boys. Grandpas and dads put these things together relatively easily, but I think I could have done it also without too much difficulty. If a charger or battery goes bad, it is always easy to change that out, and the boys are ready to ride again. Have owned many FP toys through the years, and these ride-ons have always been wonderful, all the way back to the "Big Wheel" that my kids used to ride when they were little. A Fisher Price toy can always be purchased with confidence and their Power Wheels ride-ons are no exception to that.
on December 28, 2005
I purchased this as a gift for my 1 1/2 year old grandson. He absolutely loves it. He maneuvers it around like a Pro. It is Safe, Durable, Easy to Use, and Perfect for his Age and Size. There is a Problem however, his 2 1/2 year old sister loves it too! Now they are fighting over it, and I have to purchase another one to keep the peace!
on December 4, 2015
This was my son's "big Santa" gift last year. It's great. It was priced right, reviewed well, and the toy itself is well-made. It's still on its first battery charge, believe it or not. My kid just didn't ride it. I don't know why. It's rather loud, so I suppose that may have freaked him out. I have spent the last year trying to coerce him into 4-wheeling through the house, but he won't have it.
Maybe my kid is just strange. Or maybe this toy just doesn't have the bells and whistles required to catch my son's attention. Regardless, it sits, unridden, by my front door. I'll no doubt donate it soon to a charity. Maybe some other kid will be delighted by it.
on October 8, 2014
My wife told me not to get my son a gift since she bought him several. Well that didn't happen. Ha! I gave him this for his first birthday and he loves it. He can't steer just yet, but he can press the throttle and he rides on his own. The first charge has lasted quite a while, much longer than expected.
VINE VOICEon October 28, 2014
Many years ago we got our daughter a full power model when she was about 3. It actually had room for her brother, too. Being grandparents we knew one day our grandson would get one. We thought a one year old was too soon until we found this.

He already knows how to get on the ride. He also knows that he needs to push the button by his thumb to make it go. So is he still too young? Not at all. He's finding his way around and as fast as we've seen him accomplish other tasks it won't be long before he's buzzing about the house on this thing. Fortunately it's not that fast so it is a great starter.

It would be nice if it had reverse but he should be supervised anyway and I think it will be a while before he picks up that concept of what different buttons do even though he is getting there with some of the other toys he has this thing moves so not necessarily safe to give him too many options.

But overall for the price this is an excellent and fun toy for starting out.
on October 22, 2015
I read lots of reviews on different power wheels to get my son for his 1st birthday before deciding on this one. I wasn't completely satisfied with the reviews because I wanted something affordable, small enough for a 1 year old, large enough that he could use it for at least a year or 2, something that goes in reverse, and something that works on multiple surfaces. Unfortunately, that doesn't exist from the research I've done, but this is what I thought would be the best I could do. My son loves it, it fits him well and it's low enough that he can get on and off without any problems. He doesn't understand the button to make it go yet but I'm sure he will with time. It's also big enough for my 3 year old daughter, but she's only 30 lbs. It will probably work for bigger kids too but I don't have any bigger kids to try it on. We tried it on the wood floors and it didn't get a lot of traction, duct tape on the bottom fixed that problem. It worked well on the grass and sidewalk. The reverse option was not a problem because the bike is so light and easy to pick up and turn, even with him on it. I wish it had a charging indicator to know when the battery was charged, but other than that, I think I made a good choice with this one.
on December 28, 2005
We bought the Lil Quad for our second to youngest child who's almost 2. He's kind of short, so I am sure he'll get tons of use out of it. We bought two larger quads for his older brothers and the smaller one for him. He loves going out with the 'big boys'. The button power on the steering wheel works out great for little hands. He hasn't quit got steering down yet, but it won't be long before he figures it out. It was very easy to put together and a snap to charge. Its small enough for him (and our 3 year old) to use in the house. The biggest problem I am having is keeping him from pushing it. For what we paid for it, its a great buy and great introduction to battery ride-ons.