Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

VINE VOICEon September 20, 2012
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We LOVE this Fisher-Price Disney Baby Amazing Animals Sing-Along Choo-Choo!
The one year old "King of the Jungle" here is CRAZY about it!!!
It became a fast favorite with all three kids (ranging in age from one, to five, to seven)!
What one cannot do with it, the other can, and if that one is otherwise occupied, the third one gets to be the ringleader! Indeed it is a wild party at our house!
Parents: love this toy, as it is as durable and safe as can be. The tunes are super-cheerful. The colors are delightful. It's easy to clean.
This choo-choo features Dumbo in a circus car, Simba in a jungle style car, and Lucky the Dalmation (who rattles) in the caboose.
I believe this is a toy which encourages a love of music. Additionally it helps children identify animals, and they love the interaction between the train cars and the appropriate "passengers". Depending upon the age of your child, the animal riders are fairly easy to manipuate and they have movable yet sturdy parts. The Disney movies used are Dumbo, The Lion King, and 101 Dalmations. These are three classics. I hope that your child or children will grow up to love them as much as we all did!
There are around 15 cheery songs. Each toy animal makes noises and is vibrant with color, as I said, previously. Each has textured feet which appeals to me in particular because as a parent who has had disabled children I find the thoughtfulness of adding this component an excellent learning feature. Many children need different kinds of stimulation to eventually tolerate certain kinds of sensory issues which may come their way.
Go for this one. It's a winner.
on October 28, 2014
I'm still waiting to be wowed by this thing. I loved the idea of a "choo choo that sings, but I have only been able to get one song out of it. It's pretty bulky and the only song we've heard is "can't wait to be king". There is just one button on the top of the train, and the sounds are also activated by the wheels, but after trying to play with it for hours we've only heard the same handful of phrases.

On the plus side, the characters are super cute. They make clicking sounds when you move the legs and/or head, and Simba hanging from the train is pretty cute. I am not overly impressed by this toy but it's not terrible.
VINE VOICEon August 28, 2012
I really wanted to give this a higher rating but in all fairness I really couldn't. There really is no educational value with this toy. Yes my 7 month old was interested for all of the 5 minutes it took for her to take all the characters out of the train.

It shows a picture on the box of a baby pushing the train along but when she tried to do that the train comes apart so you have to fit it back together. So she's ignores the main part with Dumbo and plays with the attachment and the toys.

According to the box it comes with 15 sing along songs, tunes & phrases but we've so far only heard about 1. The Lion King song "Just can't wait to be King", seems like it has to be constantly pushed or you won't get to hear them all. So the song becomes repetitive and boring which makes her forget about the toy altogether. There is an off/on switch with volume control (just 2 settings) so you can turn it off and have silent play when that does happen.

The toys Dumbo the Elephant and Simba the Lion legs are movable and click when moved. Lucky the Dalmatian Puppy rattles when shaken. It got 3 stars because my baby does enjoy the color and playing with the toys but I couldn't go any higher than 3.

For the price of this toy I expected a little bit more. Something a bit more educational and a little bit more user friendly especially since it's geared towards babies aged 6-36 months. At 6 months most babies are crawling so a slight touch making the train move on its own will have helped encourage baby to crawl towards it.

FisherPrice has the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn ABC Train that's half the price of this and way more educational. Save your money and get that instead.
on December 25, 2014
Just a note to all those who are only getting one song. The toy gets stuck in Demo mode. There is a small slit which has two little metal prongs. The metal needs to be touching to take it out of demo. We unscrewed the base and used pointy nose pliers to fix the issue as we didn't want to wait to return it but otherwise an exchange would be necessary to correct. We love the toy but it is a pity the demo mode isn't of a better design.
on February 13, 2013
Ok, so I wanted to love this toy specifically because of Simba. (I love the Lion King!) I purchased this for my daughter when she was around 7 months old and she didn't have that much interest in it. She is now 8.5 months old and plays with the animals more, however she is not pushing the train along. She mainly just chews on the toys and hits the big button on top of the train, which plays the sounds. Here is where my complaint comes in. One can easily grow tired of the same songs it plays. The box mentioned tons of songs and sounds, yet " I Just Can't Wait to be King" plays almost constantly, like it is the only song. I wish the variety was greater or that is "shuffled" the songs better. Other than that, it's still a nice toy. I am using it to teach her colors and animal names and she is pointing out which one the lion is...and which animal is blue, etc. A bit overpriced, but aren't all toys :-)
on February 5, 2013
We bought this for our 7 month old son. he immediately liked it the minute we took it out the box. The colors and attractive and over all design is baby proof. it runs fine and engine can come off from the whole train, in case baby decides that train is going with him when crawling. No hooks or anything to connect engine with the rest of the train. Both Simba and Dumbo have flexible legs and head. that makes is wonderful for the baby to play.

One reason it did not get 5 stars is because lack of good music. The train keep on playing same (train noise) over and over again. It has only one tune from Lion King (I just can't wait to be the king). For a train from Disney/Fisherprise with two Lion King characters, i thought it will have more Lion King tunes.

Overall very good product.
on April 24, 2015
Bought this for my 9 month old daughter for Christmas and it was her favorite present! So cute and comes with 3 favorite Disney characters! Love the sounds and songs it makes. She plays with this all the time!
on September 14, 2013
Bought this for my daughter's 2nd birthday. She loves to steal her brother's toys & play with them. i found this and thought it was a good in between for girls... not too boyish and not too girly. It's a very good gift for a little gift. The sounds & music on this are amazing... and the animals & train are just adorable as they look. Highly recommend this as a birthday gift! my daughter is in love with this!
on October 17, 2013
This product looks good and is nice, but the song situation needs work. The information is misleading. The only Disney song that plays is the one from the Lion King. Over..and over...and over..In between that all you get is brief little musical tunes and the lady tells you that Dumbo is an Elephant, Lucky is a dog, etc...Overall we are disappointed with this train.
on February 7, 2013
I love this train and so do my nieces!! Fisher-Price & Disney make a DYNAMO team pairing up on a lot of products as of late. There is absolutely nothing that compares. It is always a delight to see how the kids light up when they see their favorite on-screen characters in toy form. The best feature is that it plays music from The Lion King, and tells the names of the characters and what animal they are. Nothing like sneaking in a little learning when they least expect it! :)