5.0 out of 5 stars Need extra balls?
I just wanted to post that if you need extra balls all you have to do is call Fisher-Price and give them the Product Number and you can purchase the balls right from them.

And here's all the information:

Fisher-Price - 800-432-5437

Product Number - B6312

They come in sets of 3.
Published on January 9, 2006 by Farah Crown

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay
A littler smaller than I expected. Product says its for up for kids up to 7y/o but it seemed kinda dinky for my nephew who is 7. He has enough fun with it I guess so I guess it wasn't a total loss. But I would get it for a younger kid they would probably enjoy it more and for longer.
Published 15 months ago by Krystle Toyama

5.0 out of 5 stars Need extra balls?, January 9, 2006

And here's all the information:

Fisher-Price - 800-432-5437

Product Number - B6312

They come in sets of 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pitching tool, batting practice toy, August 29, 2005
csm (The great Midwest!) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fisher-Price Triple Hit Baseball (Toy)
If you have a budding baseball player in your house, grab this toy. It is by far one of the best toys we have in this house. Our little one just LOVES playing with this thing - he even changes the batting levels all on his own. It shoots those balls out pretty fast and our four-year-old can whack them almost every time. He doesn't use the T-ball portion very much though - but that's just him. He likes the fast balls that come out for him to hit. He can whack those balls pretty far too - across 1/2 an acre and into the street! I highly recommend this toy - it also helps train your little guy to get used to the automatic pitching machines they use in Little League games now. My only complaint is that I wish we could get more balls. It's tons of exercise for mom and dad to run across the yard and to put them back into the machine. The batteries last a long time too - we use Duracells and haven't replaced them since April (four months).

Wait for a sale before buying this though - they usually go down about $5 around Christmas. GREAT TOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, September 7, 2005
This review is from: Fisher-Price Triple Hit Baseball (Toy)
Best toy ever. Had a problem w/ balls too until I bought some alkaline energizer batteries and pitches much better(further). My 4 year old can really hit the balls so far so i too am going to customer service at fisher prices website for some more balls. Buying this for my nephew. all 8 kids from age 2 up to 13 loved it at the birthday party:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fun For Young Kids, March 14, 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Triple Hit Baseball (Toy)
I bought this as a birthday present for my son who will turn three next month. He loves playing anything with a ball, and especially loved batting with a ball as a 2 year old last summer.

I've only had this for one day and will certainly updated with more use and after I've tested my replacement balls that are on the way. I did put this together last night and gave it a short test run. First impression? Excellent! My concerns have been put to rest so far.

DESCRIPTION:

This is all plastic. The most "chinsy" part is the tee. However, after putting them together, I feel pretty good that although the most flexible part, it should hold up. That extra give may actually be good for it since it will take the most beating. It seems flexible and and yet strong enough to hold up. Haven't tested it greatly yet. The plastic in the pitching machine part and the base seem pretty sturdy.

The bat is rather thick and firm plastic. It should hold up.

The balls are foam and slightly smaller than a real baseball. A real baseball weighs about 6 ounces. These foam balls came in at exactly 1 ounce. Indoors, they travel fine and didn't break my window! Outdoors, well, I haven't tested that yet as we just got 14 inches of snow in the last two weeks. I live in a place that is pretty windy, so we'll see how it holds up. I do not expect these to travel as far as a real baseball and that is perfect for my small yard. But, I feel they could still be hit well into our neighbor(s) yards!

The pitching machine is just that, a cheap, toddler version of the real thing. Inside, there is a spinning wheel that spits out a ball once every 5-6 seconds. When you push the button to activate the pitching machine, it will spit out 4 balls before needing to be pressed again. The tee part holds the balls. I'm guessing it will hold 5, maybe six balls. Once again, you only get 3 with the purchase.

The balls come out with a good spin and you'll notice that when hitting a foul ball. It's nothing too major, but worth noting. The speed is a brisk underhand toss. It isn't super slow. New 2 year olds who don't swing light bats fast will have trouble hitting this. Able 2 year olds and above, should be able to adapt and hit the ball. But, the whole design of this is so kids can "grow" into the standard pitching machine pitch of this device. I'm only trying to give a reference point with the most difficult setting of this device.

I currently have a typical cheap tee I got for my two older girls. What I didn't like about it, the tee broke off from the base after whacking it too many times. It also required putting weight on the base. This Fisher Price Tee is weighty enough that you won't need extra weight. It will tip over if you wack the base, but easy enough to put back up.

This uses 4 D batteries. You will need a Phillips to get to the battery bay. From the battery bay, on the bottom of the gray base, there is a wire that plugs into the pitching machine part (blue part.) Then you'll need to screw a cover that protects this connection area and covers it from dirt and hopefully water. It is a bit tricky, but it was easy enough to figure out and requiring a little muscle. The next part that requires assembly is the two screws that go into the very top part of the tee. Simple. Done.

Straight up, this is a typical tee. Also in the straight up position, is the standard pitching machine configuration. It tosses the ball about 10 feet as it says. There is a middle position that pitches the ball higher, more like slow pitch softball, but pitching distance is less. The third position, farthest the tee goes down, pitches the ball straight up in the air, about 4-5 feet straight up.

On the gray base, is what looks like a cup holder. This holds the yellow bat, fat end in. It makes storage nice and simple. The three included balls fit nicely into the tee, which doubles as the storage area. It is a bit tricky to get the ball out of there. Either dump the balls out by grabbing the whole thing and tipping it over, or best to use two hands and work up the ball to get it out of storage. You can do it single handed, but not as easy. The two halves of the black tee portion have opening in the sides. Only one has the round hole the balls go in, and where you can take them out of storage. For storage purposes, you could store a couple more balls in the "J" portion on bottom of the blue pitching machine part. Do know that if you don't remove the balls out of this area when in use, the device is not powerful enough to eject new balls out of the machine. It won't even allow the spinning wheel to get enough speed to spit balls out. I first put the balls in here after assembly and thought the device was broken. Once I cleared out the front J part and loaded the balls properly from the tee portion, the wheel was able to spin up. You will definitely hear it spin up and that is how you know it works.

There is a straight "gate" piece release that holds the balls in the storage area, preventing the balls from reaching the spinning wheel. Every 5-6 seconds after you push the button, this "gate" releases one ball into the spinner that spits out the ball. After the 4th ball, the wheel automatically stops. You have to manually push the button each iteration.

FUN FACTOR:
Oh, yeah, this is fun, even for a grown up like me! I'm going to have a blast playing with my kids with this. I got it for my son, but my 7 year old daughter helped me test it out, and she loves it and wanted her own!

SAFETY:
I used my digital food scale to weigh the foam balls. They were exactly 1 ounce. The foam is firm, but relatively squishy. The lightweight, firm, and yet soft foam balls may sting a little if hitting bare skin, but it will not cause any damage, unless maybe a direct hit to an exposed eye. These balls are quite safe for little kids and for most things inside a house, including walls and windows. However, I wouldn't leave glass cups or vases or any other fragile items that it could hit and tip over. Lamp shades might get shocked and knocked over!

The plastic bat doesn't have a lot of mass to it, so it shouldn't hospitalize anyone. However, it is hard and will hurt a good deal if it hits someone in full swing. If this is a concern, you can easily get a foam bat and still enjoy this set.

REPLACEMENT BALLS:
Ah, the sticking point. I did as another poster mentioned and went to the Fisher Price website and tried ordering the cheaper, yet same replacement balls. The website wouldn't let me order, said it was too busy. Huh? I did not call the number. I looked around and found a different foam ball, yellow ones. A poster there said these were too light and smaller than a typical baseball. Perfect! I pulled out the included foam balls and compared with a baseball. The Fisher Price white foam balls are indeed smaller than the real thing and weighed 1 ounce as mentioned before. Based on this, I ordered the dozen yellow foam ball set (I DID NOT get the Juggs foam balls.) I'll update my post when I get these and can verify that they work with the Fisher Price set. Here's to hoping! With shipping, these were about the same as buying a dozen straight from Fisher Price.

UPDATE 18 MAR 2013:
I received the Diamond Foam Baseballs (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009W8I30/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) today and gave them a test run. In one of the reviews on that product page, a reviewer though the yellow foam balls were a little smaller than regular baseballs. I hoped that meant these might be the same size as the Triple Play balls.

The Diamond Foam Baseballs may be a smidgen smaller than a real baseball, but I think that is only because there are no real seams on the foam balls. The Diamond balls are visibly a tad bigger than the Triple Play white foam balls.

The Diamond balls weighed in almost 1.5 ounces, so they are a little heavier than the Triple Play balls. The foam is also a little more firm on the yellow Diamond balls than the white Triple Play balls.

The good news is that the yellow Diamond Foam balls do work just fine with the Triple Play system! However there are some points to note. First, because the Diamond balls are a tad bigger, they actually get tossed out faster, higher, and farther. You will not want to randomly mix the Diamond balls with the Triple Play balls. However, since the Diamond balls came in a box of 12, just stick with these and you'll be fine. It may be too fast for your younger two year old, so that is where the Triple Play balls have the advantage. On the flip side, having the Diamond balls will add a little more challenge for the advanced toddlers.

Some more notes - between the foam balls and the harder foam of the pitching wheel, this is what allows the forgiving nature. Because it seems to work a little harder with the Diamond balls, it may have an impact on the battery life. I won't know the battery life situation until after my son's birthday, which is a little over a month away.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for teaching baseball, August 14, 2006
This review is from: Fisher-Price Triple Hit Baseball (Toy)
My son who is 5 is interested in learning baseball so we decided to try this for the pitching aspect. He had a tee-ball set but needed to move up to the next level. This is exactly what we needed. Instead of pitching the ball to him, which I'm not too good at, I now can help him with his form and the machine does all the pitching perfectly. It also has been a help with his catching. He stands in front of the machine with his glove and catches the balls as they pop out. I recommend this as an introduction to anyone interested in baseball.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for girls too!, July 23, 2004
This review is from: Fisher-Price Triple Hit Baseball (Toy)
My little girl got a big kick out of this toy but I think my husband was more excited about it. It teaches great hand and eye coordination and comes with three balls and a bat. It takes batteries and to my surpirse the batteries lasted a long time. It was only $20 which is awesome and has three levels to bat. We started out on the first level where you just rest the ball on the top. We then went to the pitching level which is difficult for our almost 3 year old but perfect for my husband. Him and his friends sit out back and play with it and its really been fun for us all. Cant beat the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any child interested in baseball!!!, November 18, 2004
Mel (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Triple Hit Baseball (Toy)
We bought this for our son for his third birthday and he loves it! I must admit that my husband and I also have enjoyed playing with it. I think it's great for any age because it can function for T-ball or pitch automatically to them when they become more advanced. Everything is very well made! I do wish I could buy extra balls for it, though. The three that come with it are quickly pitched and then you have to start all over again with loading the machine. I highly recommend this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't be beat for the price, but not a perfect toy., April 21, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Triple Hit Baseball (Toy)
Okay, I'm a huge fan of this because it has a tee and adjustable position launcher, and it's cheap. However, it isn't perfect.

1) It uses batteries, and that's fine. However, it will only spin up the motor for about four pitches before it spins down. This preserves battery life (you need time to collect balls, reload) but doesn't work if you have a bucket of plastic balls. You need to keep pressing the start button. I'll be converting this to AC power at some point and overriding the timeout.

2) It ships with really nice soft balls, which are useless in reality because you will lose them. Better to go to a local store and buy an eight-pack of cheap plastic practice balls. I can get them for two bucks and buy a few packs, load up the machine, and go. If they get lost, so what? I have twenty-four of them.

3) The tee breaks away, which is probably good for now but eventually will no longer stay attached. The tip should flex more so it won't break away. Duct tape can help me here.

4) It lacks a guide to force it along a path, so lighter balls can sometimes fly out high. It was probably designed for the pillow-balls that shipped, but a guide would keep the path predictable.

Ultimately, how did my boy like it? My son loves it. I've been pitching to him for a year or so now, and now his mom can finally get the pitches right where they need to be without figuring out his strike zone. The neighborhood kids all give it a thumbs-up, too, so that's ten "yes" votes right there.

-C

5.0 out of 5 stars Mom doesn't have to pitch anymore!, September 12, 2005
This review is from: Fisher-Price Triple Hit Baseball (Toy)
My 4 year old son loves this toy. He uses it in all three positions. All the kids in the neighborhood join in on the fun. Even my teenage nephews have fun with it!

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it!, November 1, 2005
This review is from: Fisher-Price Triple Hit Baseball (Toy)
We got this toy for my son's 3rd birthday and he loves it. It works great and seems functional, not a piece of junk! I only wish they gave you more than 3 balls so I don't have to chase them!

Fisher-Price Triple Hit Baseball