4.0 out of 5 stars No problem with blue dye.
Published on January 12, 2011 by MelMacy

1.0 out of 5 stars RECALL THIS PRODUCT!! beware blue paint
Published on May 13, 2010 by Jamie B. Segel

1.0 out of 5 stars RECALL THIS PRODUCT!! beware blue paint, May 13, 2010
We received this as a gift. When I gave it to my 8 month old son, blue dye was all over his mouth and hands. I called Fisher Price to complain and they stated that they have not recalled the product since the dye was non toxic. They then refused to tell me what was in the blue paint. I did a search online and this problem has been ongoing since April 2009. WHY WAS THIS NOT RECALLED???

1.0 out of 5 stars Blue dye rubs off, April 6, 2009
I purchased the Rock-a-Stack for my 6 month old son on Friday April 3,2009. I came home to wash the product and soon realized the water I was washing it in was blue. Then my hands and arms were stain blue. I was very grateful that I washed this product before giving it to my son. Who knows what type of paint Fisher-Price uses and even if they say it is non-toxic as parents I am sure we don't want our children getting the paint in their mouth. I scrubbed the blue ring for a couple of minutes and there is still dye coming off of the ring. I can't imagine if I gave this to my son, his clothes, skin, blankets, and our carpet would have been stained blue.

I called the 800 number for Fisher-Price and they did not seem the lease bit concerned. I have written more about our experience at : rock-a-stackbluering.blogspot.com

I DO NOT recommend this product and I hope this is taken off the shelves at stores ASAP!

If you have had a similar experience please post on our blog so we can make this know Nationwide and get this defective Fisher-Price product off the selves!

1.0 out of 5 stars toxic plastic?, May 6, 2008
I called the fisher-price customer service line to ask if this product contained bisphenol-a (deemed toxic recently by Canada) and they refused to answer stating the content was a trade secret and spouting off a rehearsed line stating that the FDA had not found reason for concern about this type of plastic (in the two major studies conducted by them that were, surprise, funded by the plastics industry). I thanked them and bought something else, the Melissa and Doug stacker made of wood and lead-free paint. Fisher-price, shame on you for not being upfront about this. Get used to the question because American consumers are getting educated about this possible very dangerous plastic in our children's toys, baby bottles, Nalgene bottles and lining 95% of the canned food and soda we drink. If you aren't already aware of this danger, educate yourself and find out why Europe and Canada are removing it from food products and children's products.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blue dye everywhere, April 13, 2009
I bought this toy for my son. Literally,the second I took it out of the wrapping, blue dye was getting everywhere. All over me and my 6 month old baby. I called the 1800 number and am getting it replaced. However, I think that Fisher Price needs to recall this product as there is obviously a problem with it. I am not the only one to have the issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blue dye everywhere!!, March 8, 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
We love this toy and have been in search for one that the blue ring does not rub off it's color-- After 3 tries I finally went with a different brand. The blue ring on the fisher price set would come off on everything (hands, mouth, clothes) even after multiple washings-- Too scary since it kept happening with every new model I purchased. Finally bought a lead free wood type and they are not rubbing off color

1.0 out of 5 stars Contains BPA, November 3, 2011
I purchased this toy for my baby's Christmas yesterday. Concerned about toxic plastics, I called Fisher-Price and asked them if this product contains Bisphenol A (BPA). The polite customer service operator confirmed that this product is made of polycarbonate plastic which contains BPA in low levels. This scares me because I know my son will put the rings in his mouth.

I really wanted to give this cute toy to my son because I had one as a child, but I just don't dare to. I am returning this product today due to safety concerns.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blue Dye Everywhere!, February 10, 2010
Don't waste your money on this one. The first time my daughter played with it the dye from the blue ring ended up on the base, the rings, her face, hands & clothes in a matter of minutes. No matter how much you wash the blue ring it still bleeds, luckily the dye on the skin cleans up easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars No problem with blue dye., January 12, 2011
MelMacy (Hawthorne, NJ) - See all my reviews
I bought this toy after a lot of deliberation. I was concerned after reading the reviews that name problems with the blue ring, and the blue dye getting into their children's mouths. However, the alternative products also had less than positive reviews, and the price was good, so I decided to take my chances. I am relieved to report that I bought this toy in January 2011 and, we have not had any problems with the blue ring. Perhaps there had been a bad batch, or Fisher Price has now corrected the problem. I think my son is too young to completely take advantage of this toy at 6 months, but we are looking forward to good times ahead!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic!, May 20, 2000
By A Customer
First of all, you can't go wrong with the price-period. It's a great toy and I find my son constantly making this toy a favorite choice. He loves the rings and the primary colors seem to provide good visual stimulation. Because of the stacking order the child learns logic as well as develops their memory skills. The toy is durable, easy to clean and is good for teething. However, I would suggest to anyone that if they find that their child has enough teeth to break through the plastic and find that their child continually chews through the product that they discontinue use. No toy should be teethed on to the point of damage as small bits could break off and pose a choking hazard. So far this toy seems far from a problem such as the one described above and I would highly recommend it. The rings and base are light in weight and won't cause injury if dropped on a little toe. Again, for the price you absolutely can not go wrong with this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars A old favorite never gets stale!, April 2, 2005
frisky2000 (Forever Summer) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Simple yet fun, this brightly colored plastic ring toy is the perfect first baby toy for any child. Teaches colors, coordination, and balance. I have had ours since our first daughter's birth more than two years ago and it still holds her attention as she learns new motor skills at each stage of development.

In the beginning it's just fun for a baby to look at, touching it to cause the base to rock back and forth without toppling over. Then as baby learns to remove the "Lifesaver Styled" rings, they become familiar with how they each fit on the rack.

Color recognition comes later, and of course we always had fun playing peek-a-boo with our eyes hidden inside each hole! As our kids became more imaginative, they pretended the rings were donuts and served them up on their tea set.

The toy is durable, quick to clean, easy to store or take along on trips. This Fisher Price old time favorite is a must-have goodie for your baby's toy box.

Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Rock-a-Stack