Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Product Packaging: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change
Price:$5.00+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on May 13, 2010
We received this as a gift. When I gave it to my 8 month old son, blue dye was all over his mouth and hands. I called Fisher Price to complain and they stated that they have not recalled the product since the dye was non toxic. They then refused to tell me what was in the blue paint. I did a search online and this problem has been ongoing since April 2009. WHY WAS THIS NOT RECALLED???
66 comments|289 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2009
I purchased the Rock-a-Stack for my 6 month old son on Friday April 3,2009. I came home to wash the product and soon realized the water I was washing it in was blue. Then my hands and arms were stain blue. I was very grateful that I washed this product before giving it to my son. Who knows what type of paint Fisher-Price uses and even if they say it is non-toxic as parents I am sure we don't want our children getting the paint in their mouth. I scrubbed the blue ring for a couple of minutes and there is still dye coming off of the ring. I can't imagine if I gave this to my son, his clothes, skin, blankets, and our carpet would have been stained blue.

I called the 800 number for Fisher-Price and they did not seem the lease bit concerned. I have written more about our experience at : rock-a-stackbluering.blogspot.com

I DO NOT recommend this product and I hope this is taken off the shelves at stores ASAP!

If you have had a similar experience please post on our blog so we can make this know Nationwide and get this defective Fisher-Price product off the selves!
11 comment|256 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2008
I called the fisher-price customer service line to ask if this product contained bisphenol-a (deemed toxic recently by Canada) and they refused to answer stating the content was a trade secret and spouting off a rehearsed line stating that the FDA had not found reason for concern about this type of plastic (in the two major studies conducted by them that were, surprise, funded by the plastics industry). I thanked them and bought something else, the Melissa and Doug stacker made of wood and lead-free paint. Fisher-price, shame on you for not being upfront about this. Get used to the question because American consumers are getting educated about this possible very dangerous plastic in our children's toys, baby bottles, Nalgene bottles and lining 95% of the canned food and soda we drink. If you aren't already aware of this danger, educate yourself and find out why Europe and Canada are removing it from food products and children's products.
1919 comments|399 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2009
I bought this toy for my son. Literally,the second I took it out of the wrapping, blue dye was getting everywhere. All over me and my 6 month old baby. I called the 1800 number and am getting it replaced. However, I think that Fisher Price needs to recall this product as there is obviously a problem with it. I am not the only one to have the issue.
on November 3, 2011
I purchased this toy for my baby's Christmas yesterday. Concerned about toxic plastics, I called Fisher-Price and asked them if this product contains Bisphenol A (BPA). The polite customer service operator confirmed that this product is made of polycarbonate plastic which contains BPA in low levels. This scares me because I know my son will put the rings in his mouth.

I really wanted to give this cute toy to my son because I had one as a child, but I just don't dare to. I am returning this product today due to safety concerns.
on March 8, 2009
We love this toy and have been in search for one that the blue ring does not rub off it's color-- After 3 tries I finally went with a different brand. The blue ring on the fisher price set would come off on everything (hands, mouth, clothes) even after multiple washings-- Too scary since it kept happening with every new model I purchased. Finally bought a lead free wood type and they are not rubbing off color
on January 12, 2011
I bought this toy after a lot of deliberation. I was concerned after reading the reviews that name problems with the blue ring, and the blue dye getting into their children's mouths. However, the alternative products also had less than positive reviews, and the price was good, so I decided to take my chances. I am relieved to report that I bought this toy in January 2011 and, we have not had any problems with the blue ring. Perhaps there had been a bad batch, or Fisher Price has now corrected the problem. I think my son is too young to completely take advantage of this toy at 6 months, but we are looking forward to good times ahead!
on February 10, 2010
Don't waste your money on this one. The first time my daughter played with it the dye from the blue ring ended up on the base, the rings, her face, hands & clothes in a matter of minutes. No matter how much you wash the blue ring it still bleeds, luckily the dye on the skin cleans up easily.
on April 26, 2016
This is an oldie but a goodie, and this toy has been very entertaining for our baby. I was a little hesitant to purchase this after reading several reviews about the blue paint coming off. I will say, not very professional of Fisher Price to let this go on for so long and shrug it off by saying the blue paint is non-toxic. The blue ring is a little darker in color than what the picture shows. Having said that, we haven't had any issues with the blue paint coming off. I figured I would try it because it's an inexpensive learning toy. We just washed the rings really thoroughly when we received the order and did not have any issues.

Our daughter loved to pull the rings off and watch us put them back on, then began to learn how to put them on herself. Eventually, it will lead to color matching. It's a fun little learning game that develops fine motor skills and captures her interest. The toy is a staple that should be in every toy box. Even I can remember having one as a kid. As an added bonus, the top red ring has beads inside to further stimulate your baby. It's a rattle and a ring all in one.

The product is sturdy and well-made, besides some people having obvious issues with the blue paint coming off (although I didn't experience this myself). Infants love this, and they can even chew on the plastic. This is a timeless classic that should never go out of style. We've even bought this toy for our family and friends to give as baby shower gifts.
on March 21, 2013
Contacted Fisher Price asking if this product had BPA in it....this is their response:
"The recent focus of the debate surrounding BPA has been around usage in food contact
items. Mattel does not manufacture or sell food contact items, such as baby bottles or
sports bottles, and we require our licensees who make such products to use materials that
do not contain BPA. In our products, BPA is primarily used to make polycarbonate, where
low levels of BPA remain after manufacture. Polycarbonate is an expensive material that
is mainly used for its shatterproof properties. In toys, this type of plastic could be
used in hard clear pieces, because it is especially strong. Mattel uses polycarbonate in
a limited number of toys, and only when a substitute material would compromise safety or
quality."
So this product does contain BPA.