Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

on August 7, 2011
I just purchased this item at a local Target and I have to say, no other toy has kept my son's attention as long as this toy did. The balls pop like popcorn and the"drum" underneath it is activated to pop the balls every time something touches it. There is also a fun spinning rattle in the front that also activates the "popper." And fun music to accompany the movement. The balls can fall through a hole in the side and come out the dinosaur's mouth as well, and you can feed them into the popper with the dinosaur's tail. This is such a creative toy and also helps him with his fine motor skills as he is always trying to grasp the ball. It is also a great "cause-and-effect" toy if your baby is in that stage where he/she enjoys that kind of thing. My son is about 8 months right now and loves it! He has literally played with it for over a half hour and always goes back to it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2011
This toy is so freaking brilliant, it's ridiculous. We bought this for my son for his first birthday (he's now almost 16 months) and he is literally obsessed. It was so exciting to watch him figure everything out and learn while he watched the balls pop out (or fall out of the mouth), he'd crawl to get them, and then learn how to throw them back in (either through the center or down the little tail ramp). Once he got all of that down, I thought his interest would wane but here we are several months later and it is still his absolute favorite toy. Not a day goes by where he doesn't play with it and each session is for at least 20 minutes up to an hour! Plus, a bonus for me, is the songs are tolerable/cute and surprisingly doesn't drive me nuts.

The greatest thing about it is it's durability. He usually spends his time throwing absolutely everything he can find into it (other balls he can find...some being pretty heavy, our TV remotes, his pacifier, his cars, toys, and one day, he even put in his huge dump truck which only a small portion fit in it lol!). He does this every day and the bouncer part is still going strong. When we first got it, he even would hold the bouncing part down with his hand and it still works great!

My husband and I are in love with the joy this toy has given our son and the hours of entertainment it provides him (as well as the educational aspect of putting toys in and out, the tail ramp in, the mouth ramp out, and his constant excitement of trying to figure out how it all works).

If this sucker ever breaks, believe me, we'll be at the store the same day buying another one!
on August 9, 2011
Truly the best popper on the market. I bought 3 others and they either did not pop right, or it did not hold a child's interest, or the balls flew across the floor and within 5 seconds all the balls flew out and the child was no longer interested. This new product is the BEST on the market.
on August 31, 2011
We bought our daughter this toy for her first birthday. She really likes it! She dances to the little songs it plays. She definitely caught on quickly as far as spinning the rattle or pushing on the inside to make it start. Good for teaching cause and effect! And she cralws after the balls when they come out of the mouth so it helps get her moving. My two concerns with this toy are:
1) She puts anything and everything in the dino to make it start...not just the balls it came with, but books, stuffed animals, her shoes, her hands....which leads me to my next concern,
2) The inside area where the balls pop around is actually made out of cloth, like the cloth that goes over a speaker. I've only had this toy for a week or so, so I'm not quite sure how it's going to hold up to a toddler's playtime.
Bottom line is it's a fun toy and my daughter enjoys it. But not sure how it will stand up in the durability department.
review image
on April 15, 2014
This is a winner----especially for our grandson who is just one month shy of one year old. Keeps him busy for longer than anything else he plays with. The balls shoot out of the dinosaur's mouth or out the top of the toy. Baby keeps putting the balls back in. It's one, wild scene! If you have a dog that likes to retrieve, it's even CRAZIER!!!
on February 13, 2014
This a wonderful toy for a young baby. I bought it for my one year old at Christmas and he loves it. The balls constantly bounce out of the mouth so I end up playing it with him a lot to help him keep the balls in. But it's great! My son has also started trying to bounce other things in it...rubber ducks, rattles, big brothers action figures and discarded legos, mom's makeup, dad's work pens....
on November 4, 2015
 I purchased this toy for my son's first birthday. I like to be prepared, so I ordered it about a month out. I gave it to him on his birthday this past Thursday, and from the moment we turned it on it makes the most terrible grinding sound. You can't even here the music because the grinding sound is so loud. And, since I was prepared and ordered it early, it is now past the return window. Not cool.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2011
Most of the balls shoot (and I mean fly fast)out of the bowl; very few actually come out of the toys mouth. If your child is too young to chase the balls across the floor, YOU are going to get alot of exercise. Our dog loves this toy.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2013
I looked for a ball bouncing toy and read a bunch of reviews. My 11-month-old is getting bored with many of his toys, so I wanted to get him something that would keep him entertained and help him learn new things. At first, my little guy was more interested in the little rolling tube with the beads in it, but as he kept playing with the Dino, he realized that he could actually make it start bouncing by putting balls in it. He totally gets it now! It has also helped him to improve his motor skills because he likes to crawl after the balls. Overall, I'd say this toy is a success! It also has 2 volumes and an off button which is really nice. The little bouncer is perfect and durable. My little guy loves to just place his hand over it and feel it bounce. Overall, a great toy.

Update: My son is now almost 2 and still loves this toy. He has put so many different objects in the bouncy section and the thing still bounces a year later! I'm impressed with how long this toy has held up, especially with how rough my son has been. When we do play dates, other kids ages 12 months-almost 3 years always go for this toy! I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good quality, durable ball bouncer. We haven't had to change out the batteries for the entire year he's been using it, but just recently I noticed it slowing down. I am pleased that the batteries have lasted so long.
on July 16, 2012
We got this for our son at 4 months, and at first he was fascinated to watch the balls pop around. I chased a lot of balls for a while until I put a towel in the mouth of the dinosaur to keep them in the popper. When he was able to put the balls in himself at around 7 months, I took the towel out. He is nearly a year old and this toy is still one of his favorites! He loves putting anything and everything into it and it keeps on trucking. We have only had to change the batteries out once so far and he plays with it every day! It has taught him cause and effect. Even before he had the dexterity to put the balls in it, he learned that turning the spinner in front would activate the popper. A bonus for the parents...the songs on it vary a lot so you don't have to hear the same awful toy music over and over and over. Very fun toy that is great for growing with the child. Highly recommended!