on October 11, 2012
I got this toy for my then 6 month old daughter. She didn't play with it at all when I first got it but then as she was learning to crawl I figured I would give it another try. Like some of the other reviews said the toy does not move well on carpet and the button is extremely difficult to push down. My daughter is now 10 months and still can not push the button down to make it move so I end up having to do it. I myself find it difficult to push and it does not go very far. My daughter does watch as it moves but loses interest after that.
on October 12, 2011
DS likes to grab the top of it and push it around on the floor as he crawls. If he pushes the "button" on the top while he's playing with it on carpet it won't move. The device that turns the wheels doesn't build-up enough power to move over basic, builders grade carpet. So, yes, he'll play with it and crawl around with it, but he can't chase something that isn't zooming away from him as intended.
on November 2, 2011
My daughter likes to walk around after the turtle. It goes great on hardwoods, but not very far on the carpet. The button is pretty hard to push, so she smack at it, but we have to push it for her to get it to really go. She seems to love it though, it's always one of the first toys she grabs out of the toy chest.
on September 24, 2011
Cute toy. My son is 8 months old and he cannot push the top button that makes the turtle go, yet. When I push the button the turtle plays a short melody and travels about two feet. Not a bad toy, but it is pricey for what it does.
on October 14, 2014
Way over-priced for what you get. This should be a $10 toy. It doesn't move particulary well especially on carpet but not impressed on hard floors either. The "sounds" are boring and don't even get my 9 month-old's attention. The toy does seem sturdy and I expect it will last. Actually, it should last a long time since my daughter could care less about it. If this toy was less than half the price it would get a 4 star review but there is just not enough value here to justify the price.
on August 21, 2013
My babies love this toy. Unfortunately, it doesn't roll at all on carpet. I'm always having to push it across the floor for them.
on April 23, 2014
I got this for my grandson just before he started crawling. He has been doing so for the past 3 months and this toy still holds his interest when he sees it, it works well and isn't 'tippy' the button does require a certain amount of strength/pressure to push down. Cute toy, helps encourage crawlers.
on December 27, 2013
My favorite thing about this toy is that it's so much fun when it's off. The sounds are cute, and actually not at all annoying, but it's nice that the button works mechanically without batteries. If you push the button, it goes at least 5-6 feet, but she prefers to push it forward and crawl after it. Sometimes I push the button for her, but mostly she loves to play "alone."
on December 14, 2015
My son really loves this, however, it doesn't work on carpeting and he can't hold it like he would pushing a toy car around. The yellow part on top has to be up for it to move. He often pushes it down and when moved back and forth, it makes a sounds as if it were cracking. He still like to try and we'll keep it until it's destroyed. Perhaps this is best for crawlers. My son started walking too early.

Super durable. It's fallen and been thrown around a lot.
on December 9, 2014
Like everyone else has pretty much stated, the button is pretty difficult for a baby to push. However, it's not so hard that a toddler wouldn't be able to figure it out eventually. It's just not one that can be tapped with a fingertip, your child while need to use their whole hand.

My daughter loves hers! It works great on our carpet despite what all the other reviews have said. (We don't have shag carpeting though.) She has been pushing it around, picking it up, throwing it, and kissing it all day. My daughter is 10 1/2 months old and likes cars, buttons, and wheels.