Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 26, 2005
My 2 year old really likes to play with this toy and she has been using it to learn her ABC's. We do not watch the Barney show but she enjoys this toy and it seems to be educational! I did use the advise of a previous review and put tape over the speaker because it is very loud. Other than that, it's a great toy!
on August 21, 2005
the microphone that was attached to it is not user friendly. my son is having a hard time pressing the button to hear himself on the speaker. I even tried it myself and the connection is really bad even if you press it good.On 3rd day, the microphone was no longer working. nevertheless, my son was having a good time singing along with all the songs. the pictures/design were well defined for my son to identify them.
on October 16, 2005
My 18 month old son has always loved books so I thought this toy would be a good idea for him, and now...it's one of his favorites. I have to admit, I'm getting sick of hearing Barney everyday, all day long, but this is one of the few toys that hasn't become a waste of money and it's kept my son's attention for more than a week rather than collect dust. He now sings half of the alphabet song on his own, which I think is pretty impressive.

It took about a month before the microphone blew out but my son didn't understand that in order for it to work, he had to hold the button down while he talked into it. He didn't use it that much so it's no big loss.

The toy has been pretty durable for us. My son is going through a destructive stage and has thrown/dropped it many times, steps on it, and runs over it with his activity car and it still works (sans microphone).
on December 12, 2004
I loved this toy and so did my 2 year old daughter A and 10 month old son L. It was her birthday present.

But it seemed to not last that long at our house.

It plays great songs and has bright colored pictures and lots of buttons. Great learning toy. Happy toy.

Here are the problems:

The microphone part was awesome but it stopped working soon after A recieved it. Then Barney's voice and singing just kept skipping whenever she turned it on. That as you know is NO GOOD!!!My children may be younger but not that rough to break down that quickly!I'm sad and so are they that it broke so soon. Hopefully if you purchase it it will have alot of a longer shelf life!
on August 20, 2005
like most reviews, the microphone shorted out within a week of use. when the music started skipping, i simply changed the batteries and the problem was solved. my daughter still loves this toy.
on June 26, 2005
My 22 month old got this as a gift when she was 16 months old. She loves it and plays with it often. She has learned to sing her ABC's all the way through by playing with this. She does all of the Barney dances with it and puts on quite a performance. My only complaint is that the microphone shorted out the first week. Because of the short in the microphone, if we don't turn the switch off in the back when not in use, the batteries will run down (even though it's not in use). I'm buying another one, though, because it's her favorite, and I want to have a backup for when it dies -- which I think it will, very soon.
on March 2, 2005
My 14 month old daughter loved this toy. She liked to turn the pages and press the barney foot to hear the different songs. But it broke after only a few months of use. First the microphone stopped working even though we rarely used it. Now the songs skip, play for a moment and then start over. I think I have to throw it out since its entire purpose was to play music. What a waste!
on March 13, 2005
I found this toy to be loud, my son loves it and really enjoys bringing it along in the car and shopping. He received it as a gift. I don't neccessarily believe that I would have purchased it for 21.00 dollars, but am glad he did receive it because it's a hit for him at this stage. ( two and a half years old)
on January 2, 2005
My 21 month old received this as a christmas gift. She loves it. She identifies the songs with the Barney tv show that she watches. She doesn't really care much for the microphone, but the toy overall is a great purchase if your child loves Barney.
on August 15, 2005
Is a very fun toy,and educational too. But in only two days my nephew two years old used ,the toy dont work.