Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Bouncer (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Includes music featuring the sung nursery rhyme plus 5 other great songs, fun sound effects and calming vibrations
- Soft characters are based on the nursery rhyme and depict lots of cute little spiders
- The Itsy Bitsy Bouncer features a toy bar that is themed to fit the famous nursery rhyme
- Toy bar removes easily for mom to get baby in and out
- A 3 point restraint keeps baby safely in the seat.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Doesn't come with small head pillow; therefore, it's not good for infants under 3 months (unless you use your own blankets to support the head)
2. The vibration is very strong for ifants under 2months.
3. The music part has stopped working on the bouncer after 6 months.
1. The music is very stimulating and soothing
2. My son really enjoyed it between 3-6 months.
3. It's light and easy to move from roon to room.
* Lightweight and easily moveable from one room to another
* Music is hummably good and not as annoying as music in other baby gadgets
* Chair really bounces well
Missing features which would have made purchase worthwhile:
* Five-point harness: I don't care if other parents think it is unnecessary and cumbersome to use; there would be less chances of the baby falling out of the chair or making it topple if the shoulders were restrained.
* A padded insert so you can wash it when (and not if) the baby messes the chair with various fluids.
* Two or more reclinable positions. Presently the chair is a bit high but not high enough for my girl to reach the spiders. When she is able to reach the spiders, I believe she will have outgrown the chair.
* Chair seems on the flimsy side if you have a larger-weighted baby. I would not feel good about a baby weighing more than 15 pounds seated on this bouncer for safety concerns. On the other hand, I know that the chair's design is to bounce and so it has to be on the flexible side. Still one can wish for stronger materials than these thin bars that form the base of the chair.
I would have paid more dinero for the bouncer if these features were built-in. The Baby Bjorn chair almost reeled me in, but because it is rather plain and doesn't have these cute-looking spiders or something highly colorful to amuse the baby, I opted for this one. I guess Fisher-Price wanted to keep this bouncer cheap.
To quickly compare the two: the spider bouncer seemed uncomfortable for our son until around 8 weeks old. It is much larger & sits very upright - which is great now for after feedings. It is also more substantial than the Safari one - and has less spring in the seat. Although he's still rather uninterested in the toy bar (I almost always leave it removed from seat) I'm sure he'll be intrigued by it soon enough. The music is really cute & not as annoying as most - even my husband agreed. The vibration is much stronger on this seat - it rattled all of the plastic parts until the baby was about 11 lbs and weighted it down better.
I've found that having both seats is handy. We keep one upstairs & the other down. If I had to pick just one for the early weeks of a newborn, the Safari sure helped our lil one sleep & take naps. The seat has plenty of "give" and that's just what was needed to gently rock our wriggling lil guy back to sleep when he stirred. The vibration is nice - although I never leave it on for more than 10 minutes or so at a time. The Safari seat also looks really nice in photos. I seem to take a lot of pics in the seats - and the neutral backdrop works great!
At around 1 month she started to really enjoy the toy bar and the fun songs that it plays. When the music goes the spiders move up and down as well as several other things on the toy bar and she loves to just watch them move back and forth. The music is actually the perfect length for my shower and it keeps her entertained for the whole time. The music is not annoying (as a lot of the children's toy tunes can be) and it is actually quite catchy.
Now at 3 months old she wants to reach out and play with the toy bar but the spiders are too far away for her to reach so we are back to removing the toy bar and just using the bouncer as a seat for her to play with other toys or so she can watch us as we cook, etc. I am sure that as soon as she has grown a little more and is able to reach the toy bar she will enjoy the chair even more again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This bouncer has lasted through all four of our kiddos, and they do love the spiders and the music! But the vibration stopped working at kid #2 and now the fabric is ripping out... Read morePublished on September 25, 2013 by Amazon Customer
They have this at my son's daycare. He liked it...until the toy bar fell on his head and he had to have a CT scan at 8 wks old. Read morePublished on August 16, 2012 by LDavis1026
This chair is a lifesaver for a cranky baby! My son is three months old and loves this seat! Easy to assemble, easy to remove for washing, batteries last a long time. Read morePublished on February 21, 2009 by Jessica Rogers
I purchased the Itsy Bitsy Bouncer as part of a baby shower gift for a friend. I decided to shop on Amazon because the price was much cheaper than where she had originally... Read morePublished on December 12, 2008 by D. Sabec
I love this seat. We bought it for our son just after he was born. He has used it since he was 3 weeks old and he has just outgrown it at 1 year old. Read morePublished on November 18, 2008 by BobaFettChick
it was very easy to assamble. Baby is not there yet but we have heard very good things about this bouncerPublished on June 20, 2008 by Eva Derqui Lopez
I purchased the "Itsy Bitsy Bouncer" for my grandson who just turned three months old. It is not easy to recognize that a three month old really really loves his present, but let... Read morePublished on May 2, 2008 by Oly42
This is the only place our son would sleep for the first 3 months. The vibration soothed him and put him right to sleep. Read morePublished on February 3, 2008 by Jillaly
Love vibrating bouncy seats! My 1st child slept in one every night until she was 6 months old. She had issues with reflux and was just a terrible sleeper and this seat was the only... Read morePublished on December 27, 2007 by KZ